MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
carga muy lenta mi9, antes con carga inalámbrica en una noche se establecía en 100 ahora 70%
You should read other posts regarging batteries, and their charging.
The points that are mentioned are:
- Give enough time for the statistics to build up;
- Miui 12.5 now uses AI to help with charging;
- There are possible changes in settings from weekly ROMs;
- You need to look at your own settings

No, and no rom for any other mediaTek devices
Rip those devices. Getting a snapdragon device ~was from the most important aspects of my new phone (mi 10). My old mtk (and obsucre) ulefone vienna ~had huge issues with modding..
The almost-monopoly of qualcomm ~isn't very good, but at least they help people mod their phones..

Reactions: geoorg
You need to give your phone time to settle down and accumulate data from the battery. Miui 12.5 uses AI to help with the battery.

As also was mentioned a few posts above by @katerpanne,
Alright, yeah I know. I'm not complaining about battery life - that's not the point. On the other hand i wonder how many weeks does the "AI" need to come to some conclusions...? So I keep the "Battery saver" off and it's okay. ;-)

I'm actually complaining about extremely aggressive app killing RAM management which kills my backgrounding apps while I'd liked to use them. If I were rooted, maybe I would kernel-tweak something about that myself, but unfortunately for several reasons I'm somehow "not allowed" to. So I mention that here and maybe someone of the original Xiaomi Devs reads it and does something about it.

Alright, yeah I know. I'm not complaining about battery life - that's not the point. On the other hand i wonder how many weeks does the "AI" need to come to some conclusions...? So I keep the "Battery saver" off and it's okay. ;-)

I'm actually complaining about extremely aggressive app killing RAM management which kills my backgrounding apps while I'd liked to use them. If I were rooted, maybe I would kernel-tweak something about that myself, but unfortunately for several reasons I'm somehow "not allowed" to. So I mention that here and maybe someone of the original Xiaomi Devs reads it and does something about it.
Um, have you tried turning on autostart and turning off the miui battery optimizer for each app (can be a bit tedious)?

Some charging problems have been reported, and it's been suggested that it could be a faulty charger rather than an issue with a firmware version.

Re problems with charging (via cable) due to hardware: a very useful helper is a cheap USB meter; it will show instantaneous voltage and current immediately, and with a little button-pressing will show the total mAh of a charge process. My charging problems have all been with cables going partly faulty; the charger was able to deliver the right current with another cable. I have never had a problem with a charger going faulty to provide less charge than it should (a dead charger is easy to detect). A problem with a phone (not Xiaomi) was due to a USB connector which only connected in a certain position, needing soldering inside the phone - this caused intermittent data transfer as well.

The charging cable makes a difference; one long, thin USB cable I have gives literally half the charging current that a short, thick one does.

Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70
Sound enchancement feature is not working in video toolbox. It doesn't affect the output at all. Any way to fix that? Device is Mi 10T Pro

Some charging problems have been reported, and it's been suggested that it could be a faulty charger rather than an issue with a firmware version.

Re problems with charging (via cable) due to hardware: a very useful helper is a cheap USB meter; it will show instantaneous voltage and current immediately, and with a little button-pressing will show the total mAh of a charge process. My charging problems have all been with cables going partly faulty; the charger was able to deliver the right current with another cable. I have never had a problem with a charger going faulty to provide less charge than it should (a dead charger is easy to detect). A problem with a phone (not Xiaomi) was due to a USB connector which only connected in a certain position, needing soldering inside the phone - this caused intermittent data transfer as well.

The charging cable makes a difference; one long, thin USB cable I have gives literally half the charging current that a short, thick one does.
Yes - I touched on some of these in this post (#282) higher up. Also, if you check the specs of some cables they even say that they are good for charging, but not for data transfer, or vice versa. I am fortunate that I also happen to have a good quality cable that I use for data transfer and fastboot commands, but also for a basic charge. I also have a cable that gives the 30W for the wireless charger that I have not even tried for data.

Reactions: Poney70
Everything works fine on MI 10T LITE ( gauguin )
battery drain more quickly than stable rom but its acceptable with 120hz

Um, have you tried turning on autostart and turning off the miui battery optimizer for each app (can be a bit tedious)?
I tried a lot and I'm figuring out almost everything myself before starting to complain - Maybe the answer is that easy:
I carry my data-partition from the first installation with (eu)miui 10 over a year ago and maybe it's finally time to make cut and format data and start from the scratch... And if it's related to Android 11 and no help for this device (which I assume) I'd return to Android 10, the stable one.

Anyways I'll go on waiting for coming updates, haha.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Every time I switched from stable to weekly ROM with my Mi 10 ultra my battery drain is almost double the amount. But if everyone had this issue I think they will be talking about it and here I can't see anyone discuss Ing it. So if anyone are facing the same problem like me lemme know
Thx
Totally agree.
On the stable. Battery was great. On the weekly, it depletes a lot faster with similar usage. I never get to more than 4-5 hours screen time while on the stable I was making 6 hours easily.

Although 5 minutes on the charger... And boom, back to having a lot of juice.
So I guess, one thing compensates the other.
The 12.5 weekly has a few nicer things compared to the stable.

everythings works fine on my gauguin
just battery draining more quickly than stable rom or official rom ( EEA ) but its acceptable
this nfc issue heats up my device tho. i don't want to install stable rom because the gallery issue about downloading too much data in background every minute is still not fixed . only fixed in weekly

this nfc issue heats up my device tho. i don't want to install stable rom because the gallery issue about downloading too much data in background every minute is still not fixed . only fixed in weekly
try reinstall this weekly and format data again .. or try restore nfc fonctionality in the nfc settings
i dont have any issue like your video .. nfc works normally and everything works fine except the battery

Dear members, I just bought the Mi 10 Ultra which was pre-loaded with this ROM (MIUI 12.0.13.0.QJJCNXM). There is a new version (12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM) found but I cant seem to update it.

After downloading and verifying, there was a prompt for me to enter my unlock once the device restarts. But everytime my phone restarts, nothing happens and it justs operates as usual.

I really need some help here as the seller wasnt very helpful on this.

Thanks in advance.

Dear members, I just bought the Mi 10 Ultra which was pre-loaded with this ROM (MIUI 12.0.13.0.QJJCNXM). There is a new version (12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM) found but I cant seem to update it.

After downloading and verifying, there was a prompt for me to enter my unlock once the device restarts. But everytime my phone restarts, nothing happens and it justs operates as usual.

I really need some help here as the seller wasnt very helpful on this.

Thanks in advance.
As i can understand you download stable V12.1.1.0 from external source ..
Just wait until you have a notification update from system ..

As i can understand you download stable V12.1.1.0 from external source ..
Just wait until you have a notification update from system ..
Although I didnt get any notification to update, the new firmware was from the 'Updater' app in the default system apps section. This is OTA update instead of external source I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.