MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I didnt get any notification to update, the new firmware was from the 'Updater' app in the default system apps section. This is OTA update instead of external source I guess?
Yes this is an OTA update .. that's why i wrote "if i understand well" , because you didn't mention that..
Unfortunately for me the official rom is something unknown , i just use it for 5 minutes to unlock it and put it in a drawer to pass 168 hours .. someone else maybe can help you..

Yes this is an OTA update .. that's why i wrote "if i understand well" , because you didn't mention that..
Unfortunately for me the official rom is something unknown , i just use it for 5 minutes to unlock it and put it in a drawer to pass 168 hours .. someone else maybe can help you..
I'll just wait then. Thanks anyway.

I tried a lot and I'm figuring out almost everything myself before starting to complain - Maybe the answer is that easy:
I carry my data-partition from the first installation with (eu)miui 10 over a year ago and maybe it's finally time to make cut and format data and start from the scratch... And if it's related to Android 11 and no help for this device (which I assume) I'd return to Android 10, the stable one.

Anyways I'll go on waiting for coming updates, haha.
Well the RAM settings might be the default and it could just be the actual RAM usage is very high. On the RN8 the available RAM indicator and the free RAM reported by apps differs quite a lot as one user reported and it could be that it is just killing apps due to memory management. I haven't run into many issues since I use one or two apps at a time but I have seen what you described with Spotify once or twice.

Reactions: mankokoma
[QUOTE = "Bandita1981, post: 591241, membro: 250185"]
Oi, existe alguma solução para o sensor de proximidade para Redmi Note 8? Não posso empurrá-lo para fora após a ligação porque há apenas uma tela preta! Me ajude!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Nota 8 eszközömről
[/CITAR]
Olá achou alguma solução para o problema?

Problems with spotify in the notifications controls and lock screen. It does not let pause or pass the song.
Mi 9 device

Reactions: OXOTA
Problems with spotify in the notifications controls and lock screen. It does not let pause or pass the song.
Mi 9 device
This also part of the problems I described before. The control bars disappear from the lockscreen, also VLC or TC Player and are sometimes unresponsive.

Reactions: OXOTA
This also part of the problems I described before. The control bars disappear from the lockscreen, also VLC or TC Player and are sometimes unresponsive.
The missing media controls are a different issue I think, the devs once mentioned that Xiaomi is still working on the implementation and changing it quite often - so it probably buggy.

Reactions: mankokoma
Anyone with the same problem?
7379c3cca4fa6824f1b4c9edca7aa1b4.jpg

Enviado do meu Poco F2 Pro através do Tapatalk

this nfc issue heats up my device tho. i don't want to install stable rom because the gallery issue about downloading too much data in background every minute is still not fixed . only fixed in weekly
Have you confirmed this issue ACTUALLY exist in stable rom for your device?

Yes, ive tested it for 2 days. It is the latest stable for my device where Google Play is not certified. Dev said it was Stable beta
So maybe continue to use the "stable stable" version till another version or miui 12.5 stable arrives

Anyone with the same problem?
7379c3cca4fa6824f1b4c9edca7aa1b4.jpg

Enviado do meu Poco F2 Pro através do Tapatalk
It's the part of the "privacy" (life controlling) features google has come up with in newer android versions...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Scoped storage..
Using a root file explorer or the system's file explorer (I think android uses this when sharing files etc.) shows you the content of /android/data.
I think though in earlier miui 12.5 versions (android 11) I could access that file with the file manager. Probably xiaomi included this too recently..

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ
Every time I switched from stable to weekly ROM with my Mi 10 ultra my battery drain is almost double the amount. But if everyone had this issue I think they will be talking about it and here I can't see anyone discuss Ing it. So if anyone are facing the same problem like me lemme know
Thx
The battery drain is massive. I don't remember how it was with the stable rom because I used it only for basic functions due to the limitations but I can say that it is almost double as it was with my previous phones (Huawei, Vivo) considering the battery capacity and reduced refresh rate (60) Hz. I wonder how much significant higher resolution impacts battery drain. I must say that I can't recognize any difference between Mi 11 and previous hd resolutions.

Reactions: vRelXnar
confirmed that has sms issue in my k30i5g with china telecom.fastboot flash back to china stable sms works.and flash to 2.3 release sms break again. fastboot flash back to china stable and flash 1.28 it work again

Hi,
Anyone try to root this rom? Or i'm the only one that i can't do that? Well, i could root, but i'm facing a problem...

Rom is rooted with Magisk, use Magisk Manager Canary, switch to Canary channel , apply the latest version of Magisk, build 21408.
The problem , i guess, should be with the so call dynamic partitions, i have root, but i can't delete any app on system partiton.
I was able to uninstall some apps , using another method, but with a 3rd party file manager, like Solid explorer, Root explorer, Fx File Explorer, i just can't.

So, i guess for now, this couldn't be done...another Google restrictions to difficult access on their files on OUR phone, of course, in the name of security...
Missing my Mix 2S, could do this in a blink of an eye.

By the way, i could uninstall, using this:
How To Remove System Apps In Android Smartphone – Picky Beast

Hi,
Anyone try to root this rom? Or i'm the only one that i can't do that? Well, i could root, but i'm facing a problem...

Rom is rooted with Magisk, use Magisk Manager Canary, switch to Canary channel , apply the latest version of Magisk, build 21408.
The problem , i guess, should be with the so call dynamic partitions, i have root, but i can't delete any app on system partiton.
I was able to uninstall some apps , using another method, but with a 3rd party file manager, like Solid explorer, Root explorer, Fx File Explorer, i just can't.

So, i guess for now, this couldn't be done...another Google restrictions to difficult access on their files on OUR phone, of course, in the name of security...
Missing my Mix 2S, could do this in a blink of an eye.

By the way, i could uninstall, using this:
How To Remove System Apps In Android Smartphone – Picky Beast

From A11 it is not possible to add / delete system apps like on A10.

There is an message from Igor that we should not provide any workarounds.

Last edited:
hello can we install magisk on it? thank you

If the purpose it's to uninstall apps, don't do it...you won't be able to uninstall any apps from system....at this time.

If you need root for other reasons, go ahaed. you can choose bettween magisk canary (beta) or the stable one, latest is 21.4
Just google Magisk, you can install it with TWRP.

Reactions: jejemc
If the purpose it's to uninstall apps, don't do it...you won't be able to uninstall any apps from system....at this time.

If you need root for other reasons, go ahaed. you can choose bettween magisk canary (beta) or the stable one, latest is 21.4
Just google Magisk, you can install it with TWRP.
Just a clarification, I think only magisk canary works for android 11. (Also you can rename the magisk canary apk from debug.apk to debug.zip and flash it in twrp ~without having to flash/install any other app/zip.)

Reactions: Steel1986
Just a clarification, I think only magisk canary works for android 11. (Also you can rename the magisk canary apk from debug.apk to debug.zip and flash it in twrp ~without having to flash/install any other app/zip.)

To install the apk you don't need to go to TWRP, just install directly from the file manager, then you can upgrade the build version from Magisk Manager.
The "zip" version, you can install from TWRP, it contains the apk itself.
Tried both versions, none are working with these roms (A11)

Reactions: jejemc
Status
Not open for further replies.