MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding OrangeFox Recovery - when I flash a Xiaomi.eu ROM, after the flashing is complete, OrangeFox says "Beginning OrangeFox Process" and then proceeds to flash my boot image as well as vendor/fstab - I have checked in settings and even if I have all options under OTA unchecked, it still does this "OrangeFox Process" - what exactly is it doing to my boot img and vendor partition? TWRP does not have this behavior

I have a question regarding OrangeFox Recovery - when I flash a Xiaomi.eu ROM, after the flashing is complete, OrangeFox says "Beginning OrangeFox Process" and then proceeds to flash my boot image as well as vendor/fstab - I have checked in settings and even if I have all options under OTA unchecked, it still does this "OrangeFox Process" - what exactly is it doing to my boot img and vendor partition? TWRP does not have this behavior
OrangeFox doesn't harm your device...
This process is for keeping OrangeFox in the recovery partition. ;)

EDIT: And also auto-apply a fix if you disabled ROM encryption (to be able to boot).

Reactions: CommieColin
You can use CustoMIUzer as well for that:

View attachment 34911

View attachment 34913
Well, customiuizer might work for mi 9, but I ~haven't managed to make it work on mi 10 (@Ratzfatz you may wanna know this too) probably because customiuizer isn't ~completely compatible with android 11. Geoorg tried to help me make it function, but still it ~doesn't... Hmm, @Iain_B or anyone else with a mi 10, have you manage to make it work? (I ~like how almost every time I ask mi 10 users I @mention IainB, maybe I should stop doing this :emoji_laughing:.)

Well, customiuizer might work for mi 9, but I ~haven't managed to make it work on mi 10 (@Ratzfatz you may wanna know this too) probably because customiuizer isn't ~completely compatible with android 11. Geoorg tried to help me make it function, but still it ~doesn't... Hmm, @Iain_B or anyone else with a mi 10, have you manage to make it work? (I ~like how almost every time I ask mi 10 users I @mention IainB, maybe I should stop doing this :emoji_laughing:.)

@Blastboom Strice:
The screenshots are from my MI10 UMI :) it was a longer journey to get this "%3/()$-Tool" working with SafetyNet = OK.
About three times I found my phone back in fastboot ....

This are the files I have used:

and of course:

PS: There might be something wrong with your keyboard. Every second letter is a "~ ". Perhaps you have to clean it :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
OrangeFox doesn't harm your device...
This process is for keeping OrangeFox in the recovery partition. ;)

EDIT: And also auto-apply a fix if you disabled ROM encryption (to be able to boot).
Thank you very much for your quick response! I guess that makes sense, although TWRP doesn't seem to do this and OrangeFox only does it with MIUI ROMs, it would seem. I realized last night that the settings for disabling encryption do not work for this ROM - however I believe the .zip for dmverity and decryption will work - going to test again tonight

You should not restore "settings" from cloud, you can restore apps/contacts/etc. if you want. ;)
Thankyou. Is there any way i can open the sound & touch now in settings? Since it just quits the settings app when i try to open it. :)

Sent from my M2007J3SY using Tapatalk

Thankyou. Is there any way i can open the sound & touch now in settings? Since it just quits the settings app when i try to open it. :)

Maybe try "Clear all data" of the "Settings" app (app version is ' 11 '), in phone's settings. ;)

If it's not working, a clean install should be done...

:)

Or maybe you should stop using "canary" or "beta" packages (magisk, edxposed, etc) and use stable instead...i use stable and everything works.

If there was a LP beta i know you will use that too. ;)

@Blastboom Strice:
The screenshots are from my MI10 UMI :) it was a longer journey to get this "%3/()$-Tool" working with SafetyNet = OK.
About three times I found my phone back in fastboot ....

This are the files I have used:

View attachment 34917

and of course:

View attachment 34916

PS: There might be something wrong with your keyboard. Every second letter is a "~ ". Perhaps you have to clean it :cool:
Wow how did you do that? I thought you had a mi 9, haha. Anyways, some questions:
1)Do you use magisk canary?
2)Do you use edxposed canary? (Edit: it seems like you only use the canary version with newer magisk.)
3)Do you use the canary drivers for edxposed?
4)Have you played around with the selinux state? (Permissive/enforcing.)
I've set up edxposed and seems to be (kinda) working. Though with customiuizer, even if I turn on the edpxpoed module and gets detected and seems its working, still it ~doesn't. Have you managed, for example, to set the screenshot format to .png?
Could you guide me or something through the steps of doing this? In the guide thread I've made I show how I got edxposed and such, so you might know how I set things up. (The edxposed section ~is actually geoorg's steps.)

Hahaha, @geoorg (do you have a link to any LP canary?? :emoji_laughing: :emoji_upside_down:).

Extra info in the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20210217_174925.jpg
    IMG_20210217_174925.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_2021-02-17-17-48-40-902_vn.bej.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-17-17-48-40-902_vn.bej.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_2021-02-17-17-48-34-205_org.meowcat.edxposed.manager.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-17-17-48-34-205_org.meowcat.edxposed.manager.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 172
Maybe try "Clear all data" of the "Settings" app (app version is ' 11 '), in phone's settings. ;)

If it's not working, a clean install should be done...

:)
Thankyou for the answer. Could it be that a future update adresses this issue so i can again open sound & touch or will i never be able to open it. Thankyou :)

Wow how did you do that? I thought you had a mi 9, haha. Anyways, some questions:

I have a MI10 and two MI9 :)

it was a little bit complicated, customiuzer was installed but no framework detected, safetynet failed and so nice fastboots.

I have used this files:
  • Riru-v23.5(55).zip
  • Riru_-_EdXposed-v0.5.2.1_4677-master(4677).zip
  • "EdXposed-v0.5.2.1_4677-master-debug.zip"
  • Magisk-v21.4_v21400.zip
  • MagiskManager-v8.0.7_v4834.zip
  • CustoMIUIzer_3.1.5.apk

EdXposed:
  • Blacklist (Hide) -> Playstore / Play Services / Play Framework
  • Force hook modules -> on
  • Pass SafetyNet -> off
  • SELinux status -> Enforcing
  • Verified Boot -> Deactivated
Magisk:
  • Hide by itselve of course (USB installation in developer options on)
  • MagiskHide -> Play Services / EdXposed Manager
Rest:
  • About 3697 times: clear Data / Cache "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework"
  • If you are back in fastboot -> reinstall ROM (it should be on the phone storage before if you dont want to format data)
  • Its good to have a boot.img -> fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • delete "/TWRP"
Good luck !

PS: I did not tested it -> set the screenshot format to .png? But every other MODs are working fine

Last edited:
Thankyou for the answer. Could it be that a future update adresses this issue so i can again open sound & touch or will i never be able to open it. Thankyou :)

I really don't know... :(

@Hansoffo: Make a backup and then do a clean install with format data. Dont restore the settings from the cloud and you are fine :)
Hello, where in the process do i get the option to restore settings? Because last time my wifi etc.. was automatically restored i think.

Hello, where in the process do i get the option to restore settings? Because last time my wifi etc.. was automatically restored i think.

If you install a fresh ROM-Version it will aks about if you want to restore your data.
If it is installed -> configure your cloud account not to sync system parameters

I have a MI10 and two MI9 :)

it was a little bit complicated, customiuzer was installed but no framework detected, safetynet failed and so nice fastboots.

I have used this files:
  • Riru-v23.5(55).zip
  • Riru_-_EdXposed-v0.5.2.1_4677-master(4677).zip
  • "EdXposed-v0.5.2.1_4677-master-debug.zip"
  • Magisk-v21.4_v21400.zip
  • MagiskManager-v8.0.7_v4834.zip
  • CustoMIUIzer_3.1.5.apk

EdXposed:
  • Blacklist (Hide) -> Playstore / Play Services / Play Framework
  • Force hook modules -> on
  • Pass SafetyNet -> off
  • SELinux status -> Enforcing
  • Verified Boot -> Deactivated
Magisk:
  • Hide by itselve of course (USB installation in developer options on)
  • MagiskHide -> Play Services / EdXposed Manager
Rest:
  • About 3697 times: clear Data / Cache "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework"
  • If you are back in fastboot -> reinstall ROM (it should be on the phone storage before if you dont want to format data)
  • Its good to have a boot.img -> fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • delete "/TWRP"
Good luck !

PS: I did not tested it -> set the screenshot format to .png? But every other MODs are working fine
Thanks, but my issue isnt passing safetynet. Geoorg has already told me how to pass safetynet with edxposed installed. My issue is that customiuzer doesnt apply the settings..

From what I understand you use the canary drivers and canary version of edxposed, but they are about a month old (I had tried customiuzier when I had these drivers too and didnt work, now I have the latest ones). About magisk, to me it says 21410 in both the app and magisk (probably because I installed the magisk canary.apk in twrp by chaning its extention to zip). So, probably the determining question, which update channel do you use in magisk? Stable/beta/canary?

I'd also like to mention that changing selinux to permissive makes cutomiuzer detect the edxposed module.

Thanks, but my issue isnt passing safetynet. Geoorg has already told me how to pass safetynet with edxposed installed. My issue is that customiuzer doesnt apply the settings..

From what I understand you use the canary drivers and canary version of edxposed, but they are about a month old (I had tried customiuzier when I had these drivers too and didnt work, now I have the latest ones). About magisk, to me it says 21410 in both the app and magisk (probably because I installed the magisk canary.apk in twrp by chaning its extention to zip). So, probably the determining question, which update channel do you use in magisk? Stable/beta/canary?

I'd also like to mention that changing selinux to permissive makes cutomiuzer detect the edxposed module.

what should I say ... its fully working -> I will show it to you (some examples):

Four icons in a row

Alarm on Lockscreen

Seperate ringtones

CustoMIUIzer without warnings

But this topic is not for the weekly ROM topic -> so I will break it.

You have all the infos -> try it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Status
Not open for further replies.