MIUI 12.5 21.3.17/18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reflashed a global rom through MiFlash as nothing was working (bootloop)...
Can someone please explain me the exact procedure to flash latest Xiaomi.eu rom with magisk with Mi 10T with the latest twrp-3.5.A10-apollo-geoanto555.img please ? Thank you very much in advance

EDIT: I don't understand, after flashing and booting to recovery and then FORMAT data, I cannot copy ROM to internal storage anymore, neither push the ROM to /sdcard. What am I missing?

Last edited:
I just reflashed a global rom through MiFlash as nothing was working (bootloop)...
Can someone please explain me the exact procedure to flash latest Xiaomi.eu rom with magisk with Mi 10T with the latest twrp-3.5.A10-apollo-geoanto555.img please ? Thank you very much in advance

EDIT: I don't understand, after flashing and booting to recovery and then FORMAT data, I cannot copy ROM to internal storage anymore, neither push the ROM to /sdcard. What am I missing?
About the second part, I've noticed too, that when yoh delete /data or format, the system somehow gets "encrypted" differently. To fix this, just boot once into the system normally. After you boot correctly, boot into twrp again.

About the second part, I've noticed too, that when yoh delete /data or format, the system somehow gets "encrypted" differently. To fix this, just boot once into the system normally. After you boot correctly, boot into twrp again.
Ok thanks will give it a try.
And did you flashed magisk? If yes when/how?

I'm not updating for a few weeks last update is 21.3.4 I guess,I update this week,when power on it show redmi instead of mi logo,not a big deal but can I change it back to mi?
do I have to wipe data/dalvik or something after flash?
sorry I kinda forgot how to update weekly rom

device is mi9T
Check my post (#8) here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xİaomİ-eu-old-splash-screen.59199/post-581890

I don't understand, after flashing and booting to recovery and then FORMAT data, I cannot copy ROM to internal storage anymore, neither push the ROM to /sdcard. What am I missing?
After "Format Data", go in "Reboot" menu in TWRP and select "Recovery". After reboot, you should be able to push the ROM to /sdcard. ;)

Hi!
I've just jumped from MIUI 11 to this! First impression is great.

One thing that caught me off guard though. A new privacy feature warns me about apps permission to the clipboard and it displays the content it copied. It was okay until I saw the password I copied from my password manager visible in clear text.

I'm sure someone raised this up somewhere but I can't find it. The Clipboard permission is certainly not intended to work that way. Is there any way to disable or manage the Clipboard permissions in a secure way?
Thanks!
As far as I know, you can only manage it on a per-app basis in Settings -> Privacy protection -> Privacy -> Protect clipboard.
Choose the relevant app, then select "Always allow" and uncheck "Notify when apps access items in the clipboard".

Ok thanks will give it a try.
And did you flashed magisk? If yes when/how?
I have a mi 10, just to know.
To flash magisk, simply download the magisk manager you want (I have canary), change the extension from debug.apk to debug.zip and after you flash the new rom and boot at least once into it, go into twrp and flash the zip (this ~is the same proccess when you update the rom too).

Check my post (#8) here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xİaomİ-eu-old-splash-screen.59199/post-581890

After "Format Data", go in "Reboot" menu in TWRP and select "Recovery". After reboot, you should be able to push the ROM to /sdcard. ;)
Whenever I FORMAT data, device got encrypted and I cannot send ROM to internal storage, even after rebooting TWRP or System (which ends up in bootlop).. Shouldn't I just wipe data/cache/davlik and factory reset? I just flashed official firmware through MiFlash.

Reactions: geoanto555
Lol, ~only the essentials @Iain_B (ultra power saving mode):
I thought that I would take similar readings. One is for the the turbo charge, the other is for for my Fastboot connection. I note that my temperatures are higher than yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20210320_170923.jpg
    IMG_20210320_170923.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20210320_171852.jpg
    IMG_20210320_171852.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 192
Whenever I FORMAT data, device got encrypted and I cannot send ROM to internal storage, even after rebooting TWRP or System (which ends up in bootlop).. Shouldn't I just wipe data/cache/davlik and factory reset? I just flashed official firmware through MiFlash.
Try to put the rom in an flash drive and update through otg or put the rom into the internal storage before you go into twrp.

"Format Data" doesn't work as expected in your currently installed TWRP's version then. ;)

You should try another TWRP for your device => https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318203

:)

@sylar download twrp
install twrp and boot.
Format data and reboot recovery.
If mtp not working reboot recovery again.
copy the rom and flash.
reboot to system.
If have twrp loop install stock recovery.
Boot
wipe data and reboot to system.
After first boot install twrp...

i haven't the device and i can't fix "format data"

Reactions: sylar and Poney70
I thought that I would take similar readings. One is for the the turbo charge, the other is for for my Fastboot connection. I note that my temperatures are higher than yours.
Eh, well, before I changed to ultra power saving, the temps were at about 65c cpu and 37c battery when charging.
Also note that wireless charging I think is less efficient that wired, meaning more heat. Finally, the faster you charge, ~the warmer it gets. I charge at ~7.5W.

@sylar download twrp
install twrp and boot.
Format data and reboot recovery.
If mtp not working reboot recovery again.
copy the rom and flash.
reboot to system.
If have twrp loop install stock recovery.
Boot
wipe data and reboot to system.
After first boot install twrp...

i haven't the device and i can't fix "format data"
when you mean install, you fastboot flash recovery and then boot in recovery right?

on my Mi 9 lite it start downloading the update and then keeps saying md5 error and stops downloading even how many times I resume it.

Widevine L1 still nowhere to be seen on Mi9T Pro (DRMInfo reports L3 present). Is there a fix for this? I even reflashed my persist backup to no avail.
I had HDR on Netflix now it's just plain 720P.

Yes is new twrp . Iixed mtp problem.
I followed every step. Had to flash stock recovery. First boot took a long time, made me think it was not working, but it finally booted. Thank you a lot man. I'd love to give you some kudos, any way to do it?

Reactions: geoanto555
Widevine L1 still nowhere to be seen on Mi9T Pro (DRMInfo reports L3 present). Is there a fix for this? I even reflashed my persist backup to no avail.
I had HDR on Netflix now it's just plain 720P.
If you flashed your "persist" partition on your Mi 9T Pro, you lost your Widevine certification for ever, no way to recover it... :(

In past there was an option called like "Swipe up on Home screen to open search". On my Mi11 I can't find it anymore. I want to disable this search. What can I do?
It would be great to get this option back.

Edit: I found it!

Last edited:
I unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP latest twrp-3.5.A10-apollo-geoanto555.img (Mi 10T). However, when flashing ROM then Magisk 22, phone keeps rebooting on recovery. I don't know what to do? Can you please help me?
[This is wrong, I misremembered, I lost root rather than a bootloop.]
Exactly that happened to me. I posted in detail, I think in the forum for last week's ROM. Essentially, you extract the boot.img from the ROM you're using and run Magisk to patch it, then install it. Very easy. (I was using OrangeFox custom recovery on Redmi Note 7 lavender, but should be the same with TWRP). HTH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.