MIUI 12.5 21.3.17/18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating 21.3.3 to 21.3.17 I faced 2 problems:
1) The password manager is gone, I can't find it in the security/privacy settings, or in the cloud sync settings, or in the autofill settings.
2) Vanced microG disappeared from the list of apps in the background activity control settings. Despite the fact that this switch is in the app info, it does not persist its state between reboots, as well as the state of saving battery in special permissions settings.

I just figured out the signature isn't showing on mobiles, so here's my device:
Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) ~ MIUI 12.5/A10 (Beta) ~ OrangeFox R11.0_1 (Stable)
Coming from official global rom (12.0.18.0), it did it also so it is not specific to this rom, but rather to vanced microG I think.

EDIT: My Xiaomi cloud backup seems to be stuck at 41%, anyone having issue with Xiaomi backup? Or maybe a better alternative? Thanks lads
EDIT2: Finally it worked, but I still am interested to alternative to Xiaomi backup please :)?

Last edited:
Coming from official global rom (12.0.18.0), it did it also so it is not specific to this rom, but rather to vanced microG I think.

EDIT: My Xiaomi cloud backup seems to be stuck at 41%, anyone having issue with Xiaomi backup? Or maybe a better alternative? Thanks lads
EDIT2: Finally it worked, but I still am interested to alternative to Xiaomi backup please :)?
Nandroid backup from twrp, titanium backup, swift backup, pc backup etc.
(More in the backup section here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-for-mi-10-umi-use-lp-plus-extra-tips.59306/)
If you want cloud, well... google?

Reactions: sylar and Iain_B

I definitely second the TWRP backup. I use it every week (and more) before the ROM updates. It is the only backup that I have so far come across that does a complete backup of the system and data, and apps - putting all icons and widgets back to where they were.

The couple of times that I have had to go right back to the Stock ROM, and started from scratch, I have then restored the TWRP backup to exactly where I was before.

[Note to myself - I must look at doing the backup to a remote system.]

Reactions: sylar
I have a question , is there a problem if i install the beta room over the stable one without wiping data or formating the phone ?

I have a question , is there a problem if i install the beta room over the stable one without wiping data or formating the phone ?
Main problem: Your device will not boot to system (only in TWRP)...

Format data is always recommended. ;)

But what's your device?

@sylar
I do it the same way like @Iain_B, but in addition, I copy all the TWRP backup to a USB OTG with USB C connector before flashing a new ROM version. Even if I completely loose access to my device's internal storage (for whatever reason) or need to format data, I won't loose my backup. In addition, I regularly make use of Titanium Backup to backup all my app data (what I also copy to the USB OTG). For backing up all the stuff of internal storage (pictures, docs, ...) I use an Android App called SmbSync2, which I configured to sync all the stuff to a NAS drive. As my router offers NAS functionality, this NAS drive is nothing else but a USB stick connected to the router. So via VPN I can make backups of my internal storage no matter where I am.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the Mi note 10 just updated, I don't know if someone has already answered, but I have searched and I have not found anything. In the file manager, it won't let me access android-data or android-obb. Restricted access leaves. Someone else happens??? Let's see if they can help me

I have the Mi note 10 just updated, I don't know if someone has already answered, but I have searched and I have not found anything. In the file manager, it won't let me access android-data or android-obb. Restricted access leaves. Someone else happens??? Let's see if they can help me
Click on "open" and google document UI will be launched, therr you can have access to android/data folder

Or

Use latest version of solid explorer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Already discussed a few times :emoji_laughing:.
EDIT: I use total commander as my root explorer.

Last edited:
Great job!! Had only WiFi having a issue but a reset for all connections fixed that. Great Rom overall!

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iain_B
Guys, what is the correct procedure to back at stock rom version starting from the weekly 12.5 on a mi9t pro? thanks for the tips. I don't want to mess up

Redmi Note 8 widevine vesion is L3 hope to be fix, please fix in the next update, it was that version since the last February update. Thank You in Advance!

I just flashed the 21.3.17 on my Mi 10 Ultra, and so far all is well except for 1 thing.

When Dark Mode is on, most of the notifications i get are so hard to read when i swipe down to check them, it's like white on white, is that normal ? I can't use normal mode since it hurts my eyes :(

Thank you.

PS: This happens when the I have an active/opened app in the background that does not have dark mode enabled, so, white backgrounds makes the notification bubbles so hard to read for some odd reason.

noob question....
what does it mean by this, in the setting my VOLTE is Turn On, but in phone information under *#*#4636#*#* its unclickable/grayed out???
IMG_20210323_013116.jpg
IMG_20210323_012712.jpg

Hello,
I have a Poco F2 Pro phone. I have removed Bootloader and root and a stable version of MIUI 12. Today I found this soft. I'm downloading it now.
I have a software update application in the phone menu. It is searching for updates but doestn't find any. But there is an option that I can install the update from a zip file. What do you think about this form of updating? Will the factory settings be restored after such an operation? Or, is it mandatory to upload soft using TWRP?
Will I lose my data after such an update?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.