MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual App not working, phone restarts when I create Dual App for WhatsApp, and when I click on the duplicated app it closes suddenly.
Hello, To fix dual apps feature:

Go in phone's settings => "Apps" => "Dual apps" => Click the settings icon in the top right corner -> "Delete dual apps' accounts"

Your device will automatically reboot and you can try to create dual apps now. ;)

Guys, are you feel read/write performance drop on Android 11. Big folders opens 20 seconds(before 3 sec). I measure performance drop 40-60% on redmi k20 pro. All because Android 11 and SAF file protocol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-29-16-52-13-734_com.Saplin.CPDT.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-29-16-52-13-734_com.Saplin.CPDT.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Guys, are you feel read/write performance drop on Android 11. Big folders opens 20 seconds(before 3 sec). I measure performance drop 40-60% on redmi k20 pro. All because Android 11 and SAF file protocol.
View attachment 35736
Could you please elaborate on that saf protocol?
Edit: Found it: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/document-provider
Oh well, that's ~google for you... I ~haven't done such linking though, it seems kinda fast enough for me; I ~just opened a media file containing folder (~3.5k pics/vids) in about 3seconds..
Well, about whether SAF is good, it's probably just a life controlling measure by google... Would you imaging having "SAF" on your pc? You probably can turn it on, but that would be on the hand of the owner, not microsoft/google (so, who's the owner of your phone now???)...

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have 2 sim cards but one of them is disabled. I was not seeing this disabled cellular icon in the previous version, but it shows 21.3.24.

my phone : Xiaomi Mi 9

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.10.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.10.02.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 189
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.07.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.07.57.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 189
Could you please elaborate on that saf protocol?
Edit: Found it: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/document-provider
Oh well, that's ~google for you... I ~haven't done such linking though, it seems kinda fast enough for me; I ~just opened a media file containing folder (~3.5k pics/vids) in about 3seconds..
Well, about whether SAF is good, it's probably just a life controlling measure by google... Would you imaging having "SAF" on your pc? You probably can turn it on, but that would be on the hand of the owner, not microsoft/google (so, who's the owner of your phone now???)...
What phone you have?
Whatsapp folder with 4k pics opens 45 seconds on my phone

now it freezes one minute after restart. it's unusable and I can't make a backup because of this. it happens on every Mi 9t

Same here. For me it freezes during/after a video playback on Youtube. Video finishes but the phone does not respond to any touches and gestures. I'm using Mi9T as well

Question for the Devs.. is it ever possible do restore Widevine L1 or is it lost forever? I try to restore the stock rom but after flashing back to eea stable, widevine is still on L3.

Hi all.

I am currently on xiaomi.eu v11.0.6.0 (stable).
I'd like to upgrade to this 12.5 weekly. Is that possible or do I need to do a fresh install?

If upgrade is possible, what parts do I need to wipe before install?

Hi all.

I am currently on xiaomi.eu v11.0.6.0 (stable).
I'd like to upgrade to this 12.5 weekly. Is that possible or do I need to do a fresh install?

If upgrade is possible, what parts do I need to wipe before install?
You ~will have to format data (deletes almoat everhthing; apps, app data, files you've made etc.). To go back to stable, you'll probably have to redo it. To backup/restore, check swift backup, titanium backup, migrate, total commander.
I list some backupers here.

Reactions: biscoot and Iain_B
You ~will have to format data (deletes almoat everhthing; apps, app data, files you've made etc.). To go back to stable, you'll probably have to redo it. To backup/restore, check swift backup, titanium backup, migrate, total commander.
I list some backupers here.
I thought for upgrades (stable to weekly) dirty flash is possible? I read it multiple times in this forum

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot
I thought for upgrades (stable to weekly) dirty flash is possible? I read it multiple times in this forum
Weekly ROM to weekly ROM you can install on top (dirty flash).
There is no reason why you cannot try to install the weekly on top of the stable. I would strongly recommend a full nandroid (TWRP) backup in case it does not work, and you can then restore and try again.

Reactions: KGVER and Poney70
Status
Not open for further replies.