MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!

I am fairly new to all of this. So I have installed 20.12.28/29 version in my Mi 10. I want to upgrade to the current version but I have some questions.
  1. Dirty flash means that I must boot the new TWRP thourgh the Tortoise TWRP 3.41 so as to upgrade to the new version then go recovery and then to the zip file? Can this be done without using fastboot and Pc commands?
  2. If I do this will I lose any data? Last time I installed in the version I am now for it to work I had to wipe everything in my phone and format the data (I think I clicked wipe cache and dalvik cache too) for the update to be done. So for some time, I am scared to update to the newest version that is released each week for that reason.

For random rebooting in my Mi 10 umi, i entered in the new twrp 3.5, i deleted the folder "data/system/package_data", flashed this rom again, wiped cache and dalvik. Rebooted to system.
All seems fine for now.

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

i'm crying :(
problem still persist

Long time ago i stopped installing the Weekly Roms because my bank app didn't work for me, could someone tell me how the bank apps are doing now? Thanks

I did a clean install and now volte and vowifi options finally appear in settings, and works too. On pyxis.

Hello everybody!

I am fairly new to all of this. So I have installed 20.12.28/29 version in my Mi 10. I want to upgrade to the current version but I have some questions.
  1. Dirty flash means that I must boot the new TWRP thourgh the Tortoise TWRP 3.41 so as to upgrade to the new version then go recovery and then to the zip file? Can this be done without using fastboot and Pc commands?
With your ROM version 20.12.28/29, you currently have installed, you have a TWRP installed which does not decrypt. If you go into this TWRP (Pwr & Vol+ buttons) you will be able to install the new ROM using a USB memory stick, through OTG (USB-OTG)

• If I do this will I lose any data? Last time I installed in the version I am now for it to work I had to wipe everything in my phone and format the data (I think I clicked wipe cache and dalvik cache too) for the update to be done. So for some time, I am scared to update to the newest version that is released each week for that reason.
Using USB-OTG, and only upgrading a few versions (also weekly ROM -> weekly ROM), you should be able to install this over the top - ie. dirty install - without losing any data. Yes - you clear the Dalvik and cache, and also (if you can get to the root) delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

It is always wise to back up before you update the weekly ROMs. You will need to research for yourself which method of backup you will be happiest with. I am not sure whether you can backup with TWRP without decrypting - I've never tried it. If you can, I think that this is one of the best methods of backup. And you may also want to backup your separate files, eg. photos, etc.

Reactions: PhoenixKs
Long time ago i stopped installing the Weekly Roms because my bank app didn't work for me, could someone tell me how the bank apps are doing now? Thanks
(Assuming you are still using the K20 Pro). Are you using Magisk?
On my Mi 10 (umi) I am using the latest stable Magisk and all my bank apps are working.

Reactions: Dry-Eye
Try going into Recovery (Power menu or Pwr & Vol+ buttons), and re-install the ROM over the top - maybe even twice. Do NOT load any other TWRP version.

ok, i returned to the previous rom, but i want to repeat the flash of this version. Do you suggest me to flash the rom, reboot, then return in twrp 3.5 and flash again? Or do i flash directly 2 times?

ok, i returned to the previous rom, but i want to repeat the flash of this version. Do you suggest me to flash the rom, reboot, then return in twrp 3.5 and flash again? Or do i flash directly 2 times?
You are therefore back to the old system of installing the weekly ROMs. You have to make absolutely sure that your system is totally stable - restart it a few times. You will have the old version TWRP - 3.4.2b-1026 installed which does not decrypt. Do NOT try and install the TWRP 3.5.0 separately.

To go up to this week's ROM, use the TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP.

But, DO REMEMBER - this is only for booting (temporary). DO NOT FLASH this version of TWRP.
This decrypts your data and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

Use the Fastboot command:
fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img

You can install this week's ROM using the above TWRP, assuming you already have the ROM downloaded on your phone.
Once you have installed this weeks ROM - forget all of the above TWRPs. Use only the TWRP that comes with this week's ROM. Do NOT mix them.

Reactions: Frenz75
You are therefore back to the old system of installing the weekly ROMs. You have to make absolutely sure that your system is totally stable - restart it a few times. You will have the old version TWRP - 3.4.2b-1026 installed which does not decrypt. Do NOT try and install the TWRP 3.5.0 separately.

To go up to this week's ROM, use the TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP.

But, DO REMEMBER - this is only for booting (temporary). DO NOT FLASH this version of TWRP.
This decrypts your data and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

Use the Fastboot command:
fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img

You can install this week's ROM using the above TWRP, assuming you already have the ROM downloaded on your phone.
Once you have installed this weeks ROM - forget all of the above TWRPs. Use only the TWRP that comes with this week's ROM. Do NOT mix them.

I made exactly how you wrote. Normally to install previous roms i used the 1206 version. I know that the twrp3.5 will be flashed with this weekly rom. I see the problem of randoms reboots return after i flash magisk. I use 21.4 version, then in the app i upgrade to latest version. I'm using the correct version or i will search another version of magisk?

Hello everybody!

2. If I do this will I lose any data? Last time I installed in the version I am now for it to work I had to wipe everything in my phone and format the data (I think I clicked wipe cache and dalvik cache too) for the update to be done. So for some time, I am scared to update to the newest version that is released each week for that reason.
So, 1)create a nadroid backup 2)flash the latest mbtwrp (3.5.0) 3)update from within twrp after booting into it (for more info see the rest of this exactly thread and here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-for-mi-10-umi-use-lp-plus-extra-tips.59306/
Notice: flash the new twrp, don't do fastboot boot twrp.img, otherwise you'll end up causing a conflict between the old and new twrp and then.... things might go bad.. Remember, you can ~only restore the backup with the twrp you made it, otherwise it may cause twrp incompatibility issue. I'd probably update the guide I shared above, but too busy today, spent ~6hours yesterday dealing with the twrp issue.. Also if yiu think the version leap is too big, firdt update to a slightly older version that this and then to this one.)

Reactions: PhoenixKs
I made exactly how you wrote. Normally to install previous roms i used the 1206 version. I know that the twrp3.5 will be flashed with this weekly rom. I see the problem of randoms reboots return after i flash magisk. I use 21.4 version, then in the app i upgrade to latest version. I'm using the correct version or i will search another version of magisk?
Forget Magisk for the moment. Make sure that you have a stable version version of this week's ROM installed first. Then you can start looking at Magisk again. ;)

Forget Magisk for the moment. Make sure that you have a stable version version of this week's ROM installed first. Then you can start looking at Magisk again. ;)

Maybe the problem is solved. I entered in the new twrp, flashed a zip unistaller of magisk, then re-flashed magisk 21.4 again. Rebooted in the system, upgraded magisk, reinstalled all modules and tried to open apps/games: for now the phone works well without randoms reboots.
If the problem persist, i will wait next weekly. Thanks for helping.

Maybe the problem is solved. I entered in the new twrp, flashed a zip unistaller of magisk, then re-flashed magisk 21.4 again. Rebooted in the system, upgraded magisk, reinstalled all modules and tried to open apps/games: for now the phone works well without randoms reboots.
If the problem persist, i will wait next weekly. Thanks for helping.
Excellent news. Well done! :)

Re: Magisk - I upgraded from the Canary to the Stable - currently version 22000. This works fine with all of my banking apps.

There seems to be a problem with the colours in the Facebook app when night mode is on. The notifications are in a white background with white text.

Στάλθηκε από το M2007J3SG μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
48a0fd28b7cd9b675efcabeba519fbaf.jpg

There seems to be a problem with the colours in the Facebook app when night mode is on. The notifications are in a white background with white text.

Στάλθηκε από το M2007J3SG μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Remove facebook from dark mode apps list.
Facebook has its own dark mode so there might be conflicts with system dark mode

(Assuming you are still using the K20 Pro). Are you using Magisk?
On my Mi 10 (umi) I am using the latest stable Magisk and all my bank apps are working.
Sorry I forgot to mention it and yes i continue with the K20Pro, thanks for researching and responding

hmm.. strange.. we thought updating process via Updater app is intuitive enough.. we will think about it to make it more clear..
I am just wondering how did you get our ROM on your device..
sorry, if I had a more question about the Updates, I want to be sure if I doing it right or need to be improved (Newbie lots question). Thanks to your ROM & xiaomi.eu ( I download this site ). I hope more understanding. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.