MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mi9 lite / pyxis . It does not allow to enter the sound menu. it crash and returns to launcher
Most likely caused by restoring old settings (Stable ROM?) from a backup (usually Google backup, as far as we're informed).
Factory reset in TWRP and don't restore settings from any backup. Start fresh.

Does anybody know how to delete the data of gallery app? It keeps consuming huge amiunt of energy, but there's ~no delete data option... In logcatX I can see multiple error reports...

Hello there,
I am a blind Xiaomi.eu user.
Unfortunately, there is no talkback application on xiaomi.eu systems and I have to get support from someone else after the rom installation. Xiaomi.eu hosts the Google TTS app. Can you add the Google Talkback application for future versions as well?
This is really a very important requirement for me and other blind users.
I believe you will show understanding.
Thanks...

Hello there,
I am a blind Xiaomi.eu user.
Unfortunately, there is no talkback application on xiaomi.eu systems and I have to get support from someone else after the rom installation. Xiaomi.eu hosts the Google TTS app. Can you add the Google Talkback application for future versions as well?
This is really a very important requirement for me and other blind users.
I believe you will show understanding.
Thanks...
Can't it just be installed from Play Store by those who actually need it? For most people it's just another space-consuming bloat...

Can't it just be installed from Play Store by those who actually need it? For most people it's just another space-consuming bloat...
Talkback is on playstore. But you've installed a xiaomi.eu rom and there is a setup screen that you must complete after your device boots up.
How can I, as a blind person, complete this setup screen, add my account, log in to PlayStore and install the Talkback application?
Can you think like this? You disassembled the phone screen, connected a keyboard, you have the setup screen, but you cannot read the texts, you do not know which key you can press? Does a 20MB application really take up a lot of space?
If the Talkback application is added to the system, when I press and hold the volume up and down keys for 3 seconds on the setup screen, Talkback starts automatically and announces the text on the screen. If this application is not available, I have to give my phone to someone else and ask them to complete the setup and install the talkback application. After installing the latest Xiaomi.eu version, I waited for 9 hours for my friend to come to use my phone.
Please try to do some empathy.

Someone have flashed EU ROM on mi 11 with global EEA ROM without trwp using fastboot guide?

While I can't confirm this happening with all of the navbar buttons, it seems to happen only if the Home button is selected for the shortcut action, and only if AOD is enabled (if AOD is disabled, then the fingerprint icon is shown normally when the screen turns off).

oh yeah, I forgot to mention it happens when selecting the "home button", but yes, you are correct.

Does anybody know how to delete the data of gallery app? It keeps consuming huge amiunt of energy, but there's ~no delete data option... In logcatX I can see multiple error reports...
Boot to TWRP and Delete
/data/data/com.miui.gallery
internal storage/android/data/com.miui.gallery
Internal storage/android/data/gallery_disk_cache
/data/system/package_cache

Wipe cache & dalvik
Reboot

Boot to TWRP and Delete
Internal
About the 2 first, isn't that the apk itself? Also, what's gonna happen if I delete these data? If I read well it might cause problems with cloud sync, but I ~don't sync my gallery to the cloud anyways. Currently the apk data are ~3.5gb, what might contain these (also I think I've read these aren't thumbnails).

Guys idk what wirh latest updates but if i remain without battery when i start phone it get blocked i mean fully blocked cant do nothing neither buttons working , and everytime i get same error mi connect stop working !!!! Idk but with latest updates phone is going worse beside getting more faster or idk working like before ,,,

Trimis de pe al meu MI 9 folosind Tapatalk

About the 2 first, isn't that the apk itself?
The apk is in your system/priv-app/MiuiGallery

Also, what's gonna happen if I delete these data?
What's gonna happen? Well exaclty what you intended...gallery app.data will be cleared

If I read well it might cause problems with cloud sync, but I ~don't sync my gallery to the cloud anyways.
I don't use cloud sync either so never had issue clearing gallery data using this method

can you guys suggest how to improve battery life? enabling battery saver also drains a lot on my new Mi 11 weekly eu.rom. is it a problem with android 11 or miui 12.5 ?

Hello.. again Im here because i have a problem with my flashing of ROM in my K30 5G... while flashing there is a note that i have error 7?

Boot to TWRP and Delete
Internal storage/android/data/gallery_disk_cache
/data/system/package_cache

Wipe cache & dalvik
Reboot
OK, I deleted them from twrp and also flashed the rom without rebooting (maybe it would help). I ~don't know if it's fixed, but I think not...
In logcat an error that was very prominent seems to have dissapeared, while another one which appears ~everytime screenshot seems to have stayed, so half a win?
I'll probably wait till next update to find out...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-09-19-15-45-334_scd.lcex.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-09-19-15-45-334_scd.lcex.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 221
OK, I deleted them from twrp and also flashed the rom without rebooting (maybe it would help). I ~don't know if it's fixed, but I think not...
In logcat an error that was very prominent seems to have dissapeared, while another one which appears ~everytime screenshot seems to have stayed, so half a win?
I'll probably wait till next update to find out...
ot every "error" has a negative impact on user experience.
Those errors on the logs are something you can safely ignore.

Reactions: ddj123
I would like to thank both @Iain_B and @Blastboom Strice for their replies. (for my Mi 10)

With your ROM version 20.12.28/29, you currently have installed, you have a TWRP installed which does not decrypt. If you go into this TWRP (Pwr & Vol+ buttons) you will be able to install the new ROM using a USB memory stick, through OTG (USB-OTG)

Using USB-OTG, and only upgrading a few versions (also weekly ROM -> weekly ROM), you should be able to install this over the top - ie. dirty install - without losing any data. Yes - you clear the Dalvik and cache, and also (if you can get to the root) delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

It is always wise to back up before you update the weekly ROMs. You will need to research for yourself which method of backup you will be happiest with. I am not sure whether you can backup with TWRP without decrypting - I've never tried it. If you can, I think that this is one of the best methods of backup. And you may also want to backup your separate files, eg. photos, etc.
So using USB-OTG you can instantly use the twrp I have now and safely upgrade some versions up until I reach the newest one?

So, 1)create a nadroid backup 2)flash the latest mbtwrp (3.5.0) 3)update from within twrp after booting into it (for more info see the rest of this exactly thread and here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-for-mi-10-umi-use-lp-plus-extra-tips.59306/
Notice: flash the new twrp, don't do fastboot boot twrp.img, otherwise you'll end up causing a conflict between the old and new twrp and then.... things might go bad.. Remember, you can ~only restore the backup with the twrp you made it, otherwise it may cause twrp incompatibility issue. I'd probably update the guide I shared above, but too busy today, spent ~6hours yesterday dealing with the twrp issue.. Also if yiu think the version leap is too big, firdt update to a slightly older version that this and then to this one.)
Sorry if its silly but flash twrp 3.5.0 means:
  1. Go to my version twrp
  2. Go where 3.5.0 img is located
  3. Click on it and then press recovery
  4. Then it goes to 3.5.0
After this, by using OTG/MTP to go to rom zip and then install the rom. I understand this correctly?

If I go to 3.5.0 then I can use nadnroid backups? I think I read that I can not use nadnroid backups if the twrp doesn't decrypt.

So this new update has a twrp that after is installed, then we just install the newer versions of the rom from the twrp since it decrypts. Correct?

I would like to thank both @Iain_B and @Blastboom Strice for their replies. (for my Mi 10)

So using USB-OTG you can instantly use the twrp I have now and safely upgrade some versions up until I reach the newest one?
Depends on what twrp you have. There is the little turtle, the 1206 and the latest mbtwrp (3.5.0). In the guide I shared I've given some info about them. Probably nobody has tried using the mbtwrp with versions before February as it appeared only lately. I think the first upgrade should be done by booting (fastboot boot twrp.img) into the 1206 twrp and the second )to the todays) rom by flashing (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img) and using the mbtwrp.

Now, it may be a good idea to take a backup before you start updating and after you finish updading.

About the issues twrp have (since it's too early for ~eveeyone yet):
The 1206 should be booted (fastboot boot), not flashed (fastboot flash). It is considered unstable (though for some reason it is coming with many roms during January and February, but anyways :emoji_laughing:).
The mbtwrp should (probably) be flashed, not booted.
You ~mustn't have both twrps on the same system. Thus, it's ~better to flash the new mbtwrp to wipe the old preventing any conflicts and recovery bootloops.
You shouldn't probably restore backups made with other twrp versions (though it might just be a mbtwrp bug, needs further investigation).
About the mbtwrp, I have managed to make a backup, but ~failed restoring it.

Reactions: PhoenixKs and Mali2
OK, very very latest news: the twrp developer released 3.5.1 twrp
Edit: @PhoenixKs it. can also restore backups (not only create)!!!! ~Use the 3.5.1 instead of the 3.5.0!
@Iain_B @gkalen check this out too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.