MIUI 12.6 21.4.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment: void com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment.updateEntries() failed to verify: void com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment.updateEntries(): [0x67] 'this' argument 'Reference: com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment' not instance of 'Reference: android.app.Fragment' (declaration of 'com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment' appears in /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/MiuiCamera.apk!classes8.dex)     at com.android.camera.CameraPreferenceActivity.getTag(Unknown Source:0)     at com.android.camera.BasePreferenceActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:31)     at com.android.camera.CameraPreferenceActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)     at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:19)     at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)     at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:376)     at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)     at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:63)     at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)     at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)     at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:43)     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)     at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)     at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)

Logs for crash camera in settings and in photo mode and other mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am a Redmi Note 8 ginko user, when I open the camera settings it gives an error and the background of the home screen looks huge and the aspect ratio cannot be corrected from settings.

Good morning everyone, I renew my request, hoping to get some help (and I apologize for my English).

I am a mi9se owner and I am currently with the rom xiaomi eu miui 12.e (20.12.9). I would like to switch to the latest weekly available, but I have some fears and not having a computer at hand, I would like to make sure that everything goes for the right way.

I ask you some is the right recovery to use, which is working and does not give problems during the rom update operations (which can easily read the file of the other rom, without errors). I currently have a SHRP recovery. Finally I ask you if it is possible to update, without doing full wipe / format data. I thank you and greet you.
As a general principle, going from Stable to Weekly (or vice versa), you need to format data. It gives the instructions here (page 1). This also uses Fastboot for installing Recovery.
Here are the latest grus recovery apps. twrp-3.5.2_9-0-grus-TeamWin.img seems to be the latest one uploaded.

Reactions: biscoot and Aski82
As a general principle, going from Stable to Weekly (or vice versa), you need to format data. It gives the instructions here (page 1). This also uses Fastboot for installing Recovery.
Here are the latest grus recovery apps. twrp-3.5.2_9-0-grus-TeamWin.img seems to be the latest one uploaded.
I want to clarify that I come from a weekly (no stable rom). In my case can I avoid the full wipe?

I thank you for your courtesy and availability. Good day

java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment: void com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment.updateEntries() failed to verify: void com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment.updateEntries(): [0x67] 'this' argument 'Reference: com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment' not instance of 'Reference: android.app.Fragment' (declaration of 'com.android.camera.fragment.settings.CameraPreferenceFragment' appears in /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/MiuiCamera.apk!classes8.dex) at com.android.camera.CameraPreferenceActivity.getTag(Unknown Source:0) at com.android.camera.BasePreferenceActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:31) at com.android.camera.CameraPreferenceActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0) at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:19) at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1) at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3) at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:376) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47) at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:63) at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77) at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:43) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19) at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)

Logs for crash camera in settings and in photo mode and other mode
Yes, same situation on RN8.

Reactions: VladanP
Same on Mi 9, camera crash when open camera settings (English)

Attachments

• 54023b77-7085-46ed-807d-b001e63f22fc.jpg
    54023b77-7085-46ed-807d-b001e63f22fc.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 239
camera app is working

Mi11 21.4.7
(german)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-09-10-36-46-426_com.android.camera.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-09-10-36-46-426_com.android.camera.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 336
yep then the camera app is crashing

Logcat log (remove txt extension)

Attachments

• Log.zip.txt
    609.8 KB · Views: 159
Mi 9t, running smoothly. Only the camera closes when you open settings as I have seen from other reports on other models

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

I went from single core 1116 and multicore 3643 on geekbench 5 to 808 and 3533 after installing this update. I have ran multiple runs. Anyone else is expierenceing this?

edit: on mi 11

I can confirm the same with my Mi 10 (umi) - click on settings (cog wheel) and the camera app closes completely. Everything else from the same Settings page seems to work OK. Everything else from the 'three bars' page also seems to work OK.
Can confirm I have it too. MI 10 umi French language.

I went from single core 1116 and multicore 3643 on geekbench 5 to 808 and 3533 after installing this update. I have ran multiple runs. Anyone else is expierenceing this?

edit: on mi 11
Geekbench 5:

Single: 1124
Multi: 3614

Hope there will be a fixed repack for mi11 cause of the camera crash

After update Redmi note 7 ,during a mobile network call unavailable.
back to previous 21_4.1 v12.10 version,problem solved.

I am French I use the free operator mobile network

I want to clarify that I come from a weekly (no stable rom). In my case can I avoid the full wipe?

I thank you for your courtesy and availability. Good day
Going from Weekly ROM to Weekly ROM - you should not have to wipe anything. Just install over the top.

Reactions: biscoot and sxHeavy
I have this problem witha external memory. The external usb memory is found correctly and i can see all internal file, but if i try to open any file nothing appened. Exemple: if i try to open a raw file with snapseed this return me this message "unable to opening" but if i try the same things in a samsung phone the same file is openend witouth problem. I have a mi10t with the 31.03.21 rom

Status
Not open for further replies.