MIUI 12.6 21.4.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this stable version on Mi10 have problem with audio player controls losing the buttons in the notification area?

I've hardly used my phone today - a bit of email, Firefox, and minimal others. I've had a few phone calls, and had 2 hours screen time. Today is a bit exceptional with only a little use. I still have 34.5 hours (54%) left; with 27.8 hours on. Mine is very good at the moment, but may need adjusting for future ROMs.
But it is important to adjust your own settings as to how and what you use, to try and get the best out of your phone.

BTW What do you mean by 'adjust settings'? Switching battery saver or autostart for certain apps?

I'm not sure what autostart exactly does. Does it make all apps start when I reboot the device (I had like 100 apps on autostart) or just allow them to run in background?

What to select in Orange Fox Recovery instead of "Modem"?

EDIT: WORKED like charm over Fastboot! Now I am able to make calls, the network is alive and kicking!
Thank you very much!

For all the RN7 users that have the same problem (not able to make a call due to a network drop) here is a modem file from EU WEEKLY 21.4.1 that worked for me:
Do me a favor:
Xiaomi has updated the modem image again since Closed Beta 21.4.9, can you flash it (same method) and let me know if network is working properly?

Do me a favor:
Xiaomi has updated the modem image again since Closed Beta 21.4.9, can you flash it (same method) and let me know if network is working properly?
I used this command
fastboot flash modem modem_lavender_21.4.9.img
fastboot reboot

and no luck with network, it drops when I try to call someone. I switched back to EU WEEKLY 21.4.1 modem as you suggested earlier and it works.
Thanks for your help, again.

Reactions: b@rbo
Your battery life looks great. My phone tends to consume a lot of power while not being used - up to 3%/hour and 2% overnight (so I'm 15% down after 8hours). Today I've put my phone to airplane mode for a test and it consumed only 0.8%/hour which is great.

I don't feel like the battery life is really bad or anything, but compared to yours it looks pale. Maybe because I'm connected to Bluetooth wearable. When I'm watching some some yt for example using mobile data I can get 100%->20% in 3 hours screen time only.

At this moment I'm 10hours on, 2h 15 minutes on screen (wifi only) and 70% battery left so maybe others can compare.
I wish the battery graph would be more accurate instead of those 100%/75%/50%/25%/0% milestones e.g exact percentage at the start and at the end when selecting the graph.
You can try this app:
(Play with the app info a bit and it should probably ask you to give it root access (or adb authorisation) to give you better info.)

Your battery life looks great. My phone tends to consume a lot of power while not being used - up to 3%/hour and 2% overnight (so I'm 15% down after 8hours). Today I've put my phone to airplane mode for a test and it consumed only 0.8%/hour which is great.

I don't feel like the battery life is really bad or anything, but compared to yours it looks pale. Maybe because I'm connected to Bluetooth wearable. When I'm watching some some yt for example using mobile data I can get 100%->20% in 3 hours screen time only.

At this moment I'm 10hours on, 2h 15 minutes on screen (wifi only) and 70% battery left so maybe others can compare.
I wish the battery graph would be more accurate instead of those 100%/75%/50%/25%/0% milestones e.g exact percentage at the start and at the end when selecting the graph.
If it is consuming a lot of power when it is not being used, those are the sections of the graph you should be looking at and analysing. You need to ask the questions, what is running, why is it running, does it need to run. That would be a starting point - looking at either the individual apps, or the phone as a whole.

My bluetooth is on the whole time, but not being used for anything. I use it mainly for headphones or keyboard. If you look at my graph in my post #321, you will see that I have isolated one specific hour, and that is analysed below it. That is what you should be doing, and looking at the analysis. It will then help you to isolate and control any anomolies.

Last edited:
this is what I did and the screen consumes way too much.
The hours you have are my hours of use.
on the last update sound it was very bad, but the battery hold 30/40% ++
I hope it will be corrected in the next update.
Then you need to find out why the screen is consuming so much. Is it being used the whole time? Is the display always on? Or does it stay on even when I have finished using it? Or is there another app using it? You need to isolate the problematic section, and analyse it.
I have a cover that flips over and automatically turns the screen off; I also have the double tap to switch the screen off. So when I have finished using my phone, I know that the screen is off.
Sound is better. If you look at the Changelog (post #2), you will see that volume has reverted to the default.

I used this command
fastboot flash modem modem_lavender_21.4.9.img
fastboot reboot

and no luck with network, it drops when I try to call someone. I switched back to EU WEEKLY 21.4.1 modem as you suggested earlier and it works.
Thanks for your help, again.
Right then, thanks.
Last working modem image is from 21.4.1, then in Closed Beta 21.4.2 they updated it with the broken one, and kept it unchanged until Public Beta 21.4.7.
Then they updated it again in Closed Beta 21.4.9, but seems like they still messed it up, and it still is as of Closed Beta 21.4.12.
Things don't look so bright for lavender.

Reactions: b@rbo
BTW What do you mean by 'adjust settings'? Switching battery saver or autostart for certain apps?

I'm not sure what autostart exactly does. Does it make all apps start when I reboot the device (I had like 100 apps on autostart) or just allow them to run in background?
Yes - one way is to adjust the settings for the battery saver on the individual apps. You could also look at the Battery saver settings to give you some ideas.

Autostart typically means that these apps start at boot up and remain running in the background, until you (or something else) closes them. Running is the giveaway here. Anything running would normally consume power. In comparison, I have 10 apps on autostart. These are apps which need to perform some function in the background, like checking email, doing backups, calendar reminders, etc.

Another thing to look at is the 'Recents'. I regularly clear those. There are some which are 'locked', eg. my music app (I do not want music to stop if I clear Recents), or if I'm recording something, I do not want to suddenly stop, or similar.

Yes - one way is to adjust the settings for the battery saver on the individual apps. You could also look at the Battery saver settings to give you some ideas.

Autostart typically means that these apps start at boot up and remain running in the background, until you (or something else) closes them. Running is the giveaway here. Anything running would normally consume power. In comparison, I have 10 apps on autostart. These are apps which need to perform some function in the background, like checking email, doing backups, calendar reminders, etc.

Another thing to look at is the 'Recents'. I regularly clear those. There are some which are 'locked', eg. my music app (I do not want music to stop if I clear Recents), or if I'm recording something, I do not want to suddenly stop, or similar.
Does turning off e.g messenger autostart (despite having it on no miui battery optimization) means that I will no longer receive notification after reboot until I manually turn it on? And after I close it it can't start on its own to send me new notifications?

Then you need to find out why the screen is consuming so much. Is it being used the whole time? Is the display always on? Or does it stay on even when I have finished using it? Or is there another app using it? You need to isolate the problematic section, and analyse it.
I have a cover that flips over and automatically turns the screen off; I also have the double tap to switch the screen off. So when I have finished using my phone, I know that the screen is off.
Sound is better. If you look at the Changelog (post #2), you will see that volume has reverted to the default.
I have not managed to isolate the problem of why the screen consumes so much. I activated the options which were necessary to save the battery and that did not change the consumption. I saw for the sound I misspoke I wanted to say that it was the positive point of the rom.

I deactivated the 90hz its has not changed the consumption
the screenshots you see i was using my phone constantly as indicated by the number of hours i spent the screen on.

After clean install sound&vibration works for a while, then after some usage when I try to open sounds&vibration, settings crashes. I have reinstalled full clean 3 times now.

Does turning off e.g messenger autostart (despite having it on no miui battery optimization) means that I will no longer receive notification after reboot until I manually turn it on? And after I close it it can't start on its own to send me new notifications?
Typically, anything that you would expect some form of notification from, I would tend to add to autostart. Likewise email and any other form of messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, etc. You would then have to balance that with any other battery saver options that you might have. There may need to be a certain amount of experimentation to get the right balances.

I have not managed to isolate the problem of why the screen consumes so much. I activated the options which were necessary to save the battery and that did not change the consumption. I saw for the sound I misspoke I wanted to say that it was the positive point of the rom.

I deactivated the 90hz its has not changed the consumption
the screenshots you see i was using my phone constantly as indicated by the number of hours i spent the screen on.
There are ways to conserve power with the screen - for instance under 'Always-on display & Lock screen'. For instance, I used to have 'Raise to wake' on, until I discovered that that took extra power. Dark mode - if some apps do not look good, you can always exclude them. Other economies could include Lock screen timeout, or Haptic feedback. There are so many things that can be tweeked, which individually would not make much difference, but combined can make a difference.
If you spend a lot of time doing things, then you must expect screen time to consume resources.

Reactions: Xkenzzo31
After clean install sound&vibration works for a while, then after some usage when I try to open sounds&vibration, settings crashes. I have reinstalled full clean 3 times now.
A Factory reset can often sort out various problems.
From the TWRP FAQs:
"If you're installing a nightly update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset."

youtube vanced works just fine, granted one does not update to the latest version of the app.
The issue still continues with this new update on my Redmi K30 5G

Since i updated to the Weekly [21.3.24/25 ] i started having issues when i play videos (youtube, facebook, twitch,etc.). I thought that the problem would been solved by the next weekly update but it was not the case. What happens is when i play a video, it plays it normally, but after 3-4 secs., the video starts to stutter and also the phone for a moment, and then plays it normally, and the cycle restarts again and again.

The phone works smooth, the problem starts when i play videos in any app and it is sooo annoying because it literally doesn't let me do anything...

Thank you
im not sure if your using youtube vanced but it works wonderful for videos. dont update it to the latest version tho. use the version before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.