MIUI 12.6 21.5.12/13

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed this fastboot ROM (my first ever) onto my Global Mi 11 running 12.0.2 RKBEUOR and the process couldn't have been easier! And paired with both xiaomi and Google backups it was the least "start from scratch" factory reset I've ever done.

Thank you! I love the ROM. I was waiting for stock 12.5 to rollout to me but then realized I was on some obscure "orange" ROM and would probably be waiting forever then I found your site and ROM.

I was just wondering if I should report if I discover Chinese characters in certain places like tutorial animations or what not? (Cuz I saw you say zero Chinese characters in the whole system- they don't actually bother me, I'm not reporting a bug, just more of a Chinese character treasure hunt!) I've taken a 10 second screen record I'll see if I can attach it.

Anyway cheers for all your hard work and finally letting me experience 12.5 (12.6 even!)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cKBK2Qv5DeCFe9397

-Seb

Reactions: osnix
Limitless is looks like back in 2015 and icons are custom as well

@Igor Eisberg
Any plans to bring back original global icons back (for the default theme)?
Not my call, project leader's decision.

I just installed this fastboot ROM (my first ever) onto my Global Mi 11 running 12.0.2 RKBEUOR and the process couldn't have been easier! And paired with both xiaomi and Google backups it was the least "start from scratch" factory reset I've ever done.

Thank you! I love the ROM. I was waiting for stock 12.5 to rollout to me but then realized I was on some obscure "orange" ROM and would probably be waiting forever then I found your site and ROM.

I was just wondering if I should report if I discover Chinese characters in certain places like tutorial animations or what not? (Cuz I saw you say zero Chinese characters in the whole system- they don't actually bother me, I'm not reporting a bug, just more of a Chinese character treasure hunt!) I've taken a 10 second screen record I'll see if I can attach it.

Anyway cheers for all your hard work and finally letting me experience 12.5 (12.6 even!)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cKBK2Qv5DeCFe9397

-Seb
No need to report Chinese characters, especially on Weekly ROMs where some Chinese is completely normal and not a concern (it's a Weekly/Beta for a reason). That "zero Chinese chatacters" was written many years ago, then copy-and-pasted ever since, but it's not possible to get rid of Chinese altogether without either breaking something or having to replace whole apps with older and less featured Global ones.

Not my call, project leader's decision.

No need to report Chinese characters, especially on Weekly ROMs where some Chinese is completely normal and not a concern (it's a Weekly/Beta for a reason). That "zero Chinese chatacters" was written many years ago, then copy-and-pasted ever since, but it's not possible to get rid of Chinese altogether without either breaking something or having to replace whole apps with older and less featured Global ones.

Thanks for the reply!

What are your thoughts on things like the gallery still creating a new photo once edited rather than having a 'revert' feature like Google photos or at least an option in settings to hide original picture duplicate once edited so that in the gallery you are only seeing your "final" photo?

Or a gesture that can be used to open notification shade or control panel from within an app without having to reach all the way to the top of the screen. (I'm aware of the simple slide down from anywhere then swipe across to switch method usable only from the home screen). I was thinking something like new full screen gesture to switch between apps, but in reverse. So instead of swiping up from the bottom and going left or right to switch apps, what if you swiped inwards and downwards from the left or right side to see control panel or notifications respectively. (the Mi 11 is a really tall phone and I have baby hands lol)

And the other thing I noticed (even before getting the xiaomi.eu ROM) was the way dark mode renders certain text or pictures in certain apps illegible. For example in dark mode my Google auto fill 'above keyboard' suggestions for usernames or emails seem to be in white font on a slightly less white background.

Is this just due to the 'brute force' nature of android dark mode? Trying to make a one size fits all solution to a more complex problem?

Also, you'll have to forgive my ignorance. I can barely say the word developer let alone have any grasp on where the line is dividing what it is that you at xiaomi.eu do and have control over, and what is done on xiaomi corporate's end or even Google itself.

Thanks for the reply!

And the other thing I noticed (even before getting the xiaomi.eu ROM) was the way dark mode renders certain text or pictures in certain apps illegible. For example in dark mode my Google auto fill 'above keyboard' suggestions for usernames or emails seem to be in white font on a slightly less white background.

Is this just due to the 'brute force' nature of android dark mode? Trying to make a one size fits all solution to a more complex problem?

This is something that I keep bumping in to also - I think they're simply UI bugs, but they've been in there since the earlier 12.0.X versions. Maybe MIUI 13 will fix them? I can't think of a temporary solution either...

hi, when i use music app... the notification is still in the panel after i close the aplication... is a bug? spotify too...
in mi 9 lite

Thanks for the reply!

What are your thoughts on things like the gallery still creating a new photo once edited rather than having a 'revert' feature like Google photos or at least an option in settings to hide original picture duplicate once edited so that in the gallery you are only seeing your "final" photo?

Or a gesture that can be used to open notification shade or control panel from within an app without having to reach all the way to the top of the screen. (I'm aware of the simple slide down from anywhere then swipe across to switch method usable only from the home screen). I was thinking something like new full screen gesture to switch between apps, but in reverse. So instead of swiping up from the bottom and going left or right to switch apps, what if you swiped inwards and downwards from the left or right side to see control panel or notifications respectively. (the Mi 11 is a really tall phone and I have baby hands lol)

Also, you'll have to forgive my ignorance. I can barely say the word developer let alone have any grasp on where the line is dividing what it is that you at xiaomi.eu do and have control over, and what is done on xiaomi corporate's end or even Google itself.
We are not McDonald's.. We do not accept orders from users.. Try it on official xiaomi forum..

Wifi disabling by it self when wifi connection is not available on the two last release. How to keep it always enable?
Wi-Fi settings - Wi-Fi assistant - the last option "automatic Wi-Fi turn on"

Disable it and your Wi-Fi won't turn off.

is there a way to make the on screen gestures work without 3rd party apps? i use nova launcher on my mi9t. default miui launcher is no option for me

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher within Android 11

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Laucher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options

Installed this rom yesterday on my Poco F3 for the first time and it's great. Can I flash the next update through updater (ota)?
Thanks for the great work!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I updated my MI9SE yesterday from 21.4.28 to 21.5.12 using twrp-3.4.0-2grus. Unfortunately I had some problems and needed to boot several times using different TWRP versions. Now the phone boots to fastboot by default. When I try to "fastboot boot twrp-2.5.2" then it boots to the rom. But multiple things don't work anymore e.g. fingerprint, telephone, wifi, speaker. Is there any way to solve this issue? Is this a known problem?

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure why you're asking me all these questions. I'm not responsible for designing MIUI, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.