MIUI 12.6 21.7.21/22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both for the fast response.

Yes I noticed that in a earlier post but because that twrp-3.5.2-renoir-Nebrassy.img is listed as unofficial, I thought it wasn't safe to use yet.

So it looks like to keep my phone updated from now on, I need to explore how to install this twrp and use the phone's built-in Updater app?
Yes.

I think it may be as simple as to copy the ROM on your phone, fastboot boot twrp.img, and then install the zip, but I am not an expert, I am still learning. Please double check just in case.

Reactions: miieu
So it looks like to keep my phone updated from now on, I need to explore how to install this twrp and use the phone's built-in Updater app?
Installation of TWRP (official or not, older or newer version, one phone or another) is always the same:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp img file>

Only e.g. OrangeFox (which distributes as zip, not img file) requires that you first flash the 'normal' TWRP and later install the OF zip file from TWRP

Also, when switching between TWRPs (e g. upgrading TWRP), you can flash the TWRP img file either again from fastboot or from the already installed TWRP

Btw, you can still manually download Xiaomi.eu (without using Updater), then reboot to TWRP and install/update the Xiaomi.eu zip file

Last edited:
Yes.

I think it may be as simple as to copy the ROM on your phone, fastboot boot twrp.img, and then install the zip, but I am not an expert, I am still learning. Please double check just in case.
Yes, this is the right procedure.
Small hint: Use security pattern, not PIN. Wait some seconds after start of TWRP until touchscreen will work.

Reactions: JiaiJ and miieu
That's not true anymore, all recent/newer devices don't have a recovery partition => The recovery is inside the boot partition(s). ;)

So if "fastboot flash recovery <twrp img file>" is wrong, what is correct way to install this twrp into Mi 11 Lite 5G ?

So if "fastboot flash recovery <twrp img file>" is wrong, what is correct way to install this twrp into Mi 11 Lite 5G ?
You don't need to "install" TWRP because it should be included in the Xiaomi.eu ROM. So to summarize (for a ROM update, coming from a previous "fastboot" ROM) => fastboot boot twrp and install the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM. Reboot your device and TWRP should be "permanently" installed. ;)

I also seem to have hit another snag downloading the correct 21.7.21 rom.

If I do a download inside current Updater (xiaomi.eu 21.7.14) it downloads 2 files into /sdcard/

• xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.7.21_9c50e55acd_v12-11.zip 3,710,264,547 bytes
  • xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.7.21_9c50e55acd_v12-11.zip.md5 32 bytes

but my 21.7.21 download from sourceforge.net on a PC came in another filename and size & contents don't match above
  • xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.7.21_v12-11.zip 3,701,124,637 bytes
Did a diff between both zip and noticed \META-INF\com\android\metadata differences:

post-build-incremental=21.7.21 vs post-build-incremental=21.7.14

Is the Updater downloading the older previous rom but naming it with newer zip file name?

PS: I discover it when the .md5 failed mismatch.

Is the Updater downloading the older previous rom but naming it with newer zip file name?
Updater app has a few bugs on my device (Mi 9T - davinci) ( @ZduneX25 ):

1) I always need to use "Check for updates" button 2 times in order to catch the new ROM update. (I will try to disable my adblocker next time but I don't think it's related...)

2) When I get a notification about a new ROM update and I tap on this notification, I will not directly see info about the new ROM update, so I have to do 1)...
=> Caching the info about an available update of the ROM would be nice!

3) Downloading the new ROM update, first time, always fail with a MD5 mismatch at the end. Redownloading the ROM again and it's OK!
=> I guess that's your issue too... .That's the most annoying bug of all. ^^

;)

Xiaomi mi 9 Transparent Edition
256GB 8GB
Slower in closing and opening apps compared to China Beta of same week.
I'm on latest EU
No benchmark results, just slower in normal usage
It's not the EU team's fault,Xiaomi is responsible for the bugs and first of all it's a beta build and even the Stable has their own bugs

Reactions: biscoot
Poco F3: Auqamail stopped syncing in the background with this weekly (21.7.21)

It happens since I installed this weekly. The app is locked and the battery optimization is disabled. Syncing in background worked with previous weekly builds.

I have a Mi9 and switched to weekly betas from Global Rom, because it was annoying not to get MIUI 12.5. It was the right step because you Xiaomi.eu developers do really a great job.
The only problem I have was mentioned before.
First time I download a new weekly the download complets but than I get an error, certainly the md5 check error. Than I have to download again and everything works fine. Is there a way to solve the problem. The files are already there after the first download. Is there any workaround to avoid a second download?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Twizama and trediu
I have a Mi9 and switched to weekly betas from Global Rom, because it was annoying not to get MIUI 12.5. It was the right step because you Xiaomi.eu developers do really a great job.
First time I download a new weekly the download complets but than I get an error, certainly the md5 check error. Than I have to download again and everything works fine. Is there a way to solve the problem. The files are already there after the first download. Is there any workaround to avoid a second download?

You surely have to download again the rom if md5 is wrong.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Updater app has a few bugs on my device (Mi 9T - davinci) ( @ZduneX25 ):

1) I always need to use "Check for updates" button 2 times in order to catch the new ROM update. (I will try to disable my adblocker next time but I don't think it's related...)

2) When I get a notification about a new ROM update and I tap on this notification, I will not directly see info about the new ROM update, so I have to do 1)...
=> Caching the info about an available update of the ROM would be nice!

3) Downloading the new ROM update, first time, always fail with a MD5 mismatch at the end. Redownloading the ROM again and it's OK!
=> I guess that's your issue too... .That's the most annoying bug of all. ^^

;)

Thanks, so I'm not the only one who get this bug.

Reactions: Poney70
Ok again thanks guys, with your help, I managed to update my Mi 11 Lite 5G from previous xiaomi.eu fastboot roms to non-fastboot rom.

My steps in case it help someone else, are:
  • Connect phone to PC USB, open command prompt then type...
  • "adb reboot bootloader"
  • "fastboot boot TWRP-3.5.2-renoir-Nebrassy.img"
  • enter Pin code to decrypt (laggy keyboard)
  • select the new xiaomi.eu rom zip file to install
  • wait few mins for completion
  • tap on clear Dalvik cache (not sure if needed)
  • tap reboot
  • nerve-wracking long wait for it to boot up
  • success!

Are you downloading it from the updater app? Download the update from androidfilehost or sourceforce net instead.

Reactions: biscoot and Poney70
But why is md5 wrong. It is always correct after second download. Why not after first?

Are you downloading it from the updater app? Download the update from androidfilehost or sourceforce net instead.
When I download direct, not over updater, do I have to select the file manually in TWRP or recognizes the updater the manually downloaded file?

Updater downloads two files to Internal memory, /:
- ZIP file with ROM zpdate
- MD5 file with md5 cheksum for the zip file

Open the md5 file (textual file), you will find inside the md5 checksum for the ZIP ROM file - check if its cheksum coinsides

You can do all by MiXplorer app on the phone - see the screenshots.
Also open the ZIP file (again by MiXplorer).
If md5 cheksum is wrong (and/or zip file does not open), delete the zip file and download again from Updater (or go to OP post #1 and download from AFH or SFN)

Attachments

• MD5.jpg
    MD5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 225
  • ZIP-Properties-Cheksum.jpg
    ZIP-Properties-Cheksum.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 205
The Updater app is not part of the original ROM, but I can't answer on the constraints on Xiaomi.eu team.
Can anyone hand this bug over to the responsible xiaomi.eu developer for the updater app? Or is there any other way to report the bug?

Can anyone hand this bug over to the responsible xiaomi.eu developer for the updater app? Or is there any other way to report the bug?

We host the ROMs on free hosting services like AFH and SourceForge. There's nothing we can do when it comes to download availability or stability...

We host the ROMs on free hosting services like AFH and SourceForge. There's nothing we can do when it comes to download availability or stability...
That is clear. But the problem is not the download. The files are complete downloaded and the are placed in the correct file structure, but the file check runs into an error. Second time downloaded, the files have the same size and the same names and the check is ok.
I will monitor this for this week weekly. Should I have a look for special points?

Updater downloads two files to Internal memory, /:
- ZIP file with ROM zpdate
- MD5 file with md5 cheksum for the zip file

Open the md5 file (textual file), you will find inside the md5 checksum for the ZIP ROM file - check if its cheksum coinsides

You can do all by MiXplorer app on the phone - see the screenshots.
Also open the ZIP file (again by MiXplorer).
If md5 cheksum is wrong (and/or zip file does not open), delete the zip file and download again from Updater (or go to OP post #1 and download from AFH or SFN)
Which tool do you use to check the md5 checksum of the zip-file under android?

Status
Not open for further replies.