MIUI 12.6 21.7.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked zillion times.. do we always have to flash full weekly roms or there are/will be update only zips too?
Thanks!

No Roaming in my Mi 10, all Connections shut down after a few Seconds
Welcome :)
When you say 'all Connections', are you referring to Wi-Fi, Data and Bluetooth? I have no problems like this on my Mi 10.
Advice from the TWRP website says that if you are experiencing unusual behaviour, you should try a Factory reset. If done from within TWRP, your files will remain intact.

Is there any way to run the adb command after updating without a computer, that is, from the phone itself? for example from twrp itself? not always when updating I have a computer at hand.
Not from TWRP but with root, from Terminal:
cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Updated my F3 over OTA... phone seems to have been completely reset. All apps gone, i dont even have a File Browser. Screen lock PIN is still active, POCO Launcher is gone.

in Storage it says there are still 55gb of Files on there which seems correct. Is it encrypted so i cannot access it? Now i thought maybe its in the second space so i went into second space and now the phone is in a Bootloop.
In TWRP's File Manager i can see all my files, do i need to check something in the "Mount" option? Only "Metadata" and "Data" is checked.

EDIT:
TWRP Log says "Attempting do decrypt FBE for user 10...
"failed to decrypt user 10"
Although im using the only password i have set up.
User 0 successfully decrypts

I do have a second space activated which seems to be User 10. But it had the same lockscreen PIN as far as i remember, even though it had different Fingerprints for it. But why does it stop my user 0 from loading properly aswell then

Last edited:
Updated my F3 over OTA... phone seems to have been completely reset. All apps gone, i dont even have a File Browser. Screen lock PIN is still active, POCO Launcher is gone. Great time to spend the whole day setting the phone up again and logging into 300000 different apps.. ffs...!!

in Storage it says there are still 55gb of Files on there which seems correct. Is it encrypted so i cannot access it? Now i thought maybe its in the second space so i went into second space and now the phone is in a Bootloop.
In TWRP's File Manager i can see all my files, do i need to check something in the "Mount" option? Only "Metadata" and "Data" is checked.

EDIT:

I do have a second space activated which seems to be User 10. But it had the same lockscreen PIN as far as i remember, even though it had different Fingerprints for it. But why does it stop my user 0 from loading properly aswell then
In order to fully understand your case it is mandatory to fix the starting context:
What rom was in your phone? EU weekly rom number please!

Coming from 21.6.30 weekly.

Now i deleted the second space from the settings. in TWRP it doesnt say its trying to decrypt User 10 anymore since its gone. User 0 decrypt successfully, still my launcher and phone is empty when i boot it, but from TRWP File Manager i can see the data is still there. It just kinda wont let me access it when i boot the phone, poco Launcher is also not available under "default Launcher".
So the Data is there on User 0, but it doesnt load when i boot the phone.

Theres a Gallery App and when i open it i can see my pictures. So it seems it wiped all my Apps and Settings but not the internal storage. I'll have to redownload and log in to everything i guess. Just would like to find out the reason so it wont happen with the next update again

Last edited:
Hi fellas! Call recording don't work although I have the option to activate it in the phone app settings. Any help or advice?

Updated my F3 over OTA...

I do have a second space activated which seems to be User 10.
Once I tested Second Space on my Mi 9T (but later I deleted, since I did not need and it terribly slowed my phone)

But I tested also in TWRP (latest official for my Mi 9T) and TWRP was unable to decrypt and access for that second user

Do you remember, was TWRP able to decrypt for your user 10 when you were still on 21.6.30 (before you updated to 21.7.7)?

Reactions: LOLO9393
Once I tested Second Space on my Mi 9T (but later I deleted, since I did not need and it terribly slowed my phone)

But I tested also in TWRP (latest official for my Mi 9T) and TWRP was unable to decrypt and access for that second user

Do you remember, was TWRP able to decrypt for your user 10 when you were still on 21.6.30 (before you updated to 21.7.7)?

on 21.6.30 is when i first set up the second space. I didnt have any issues then.
Currently starting to redownload all the apps and log in to each and every one, so annoying

on 21.6.30 is when i first set up the second space. I didnt have any issues then.
Currently starting to redownload all the apps and log in to each and every one, so annoying
If the data are already there it may not be a good idea to redownload them. Try to reflash the twrp and rom (with the reflashed twrp). (You didn't flash magisk before rebooting after flashing the rom, right?) If it fails again then it may be a good idea to wipe the phone, since if the data are already there you may create duplicate data and cut yohr free space ~in half. Besides, setting something up on a semi-broken system is probably a bad idea. (Do a "wipe data" from twrp.)

If the data are already there it may not be a good idea to redownload them. Try to reflash the twrp and rom (with the reflashed twrp). (You didn't flash magisk before rebooting after flashing the rom, right?) If it fails again then it may be a good idea to wipe the phone, since if the data are already there you may create duplicate data and cut yohr free space ~in half. Besides, setting something up on a semi-broken system is probably a bad idea. (Do a "wipe data" from twrp.)

Yeah its weird, half the stuff isnt working Properly anyways. The phone was half set up still, i think today evening i will do a full reset.
I dont use Magisk, i just did a OTA Update like i did the last time the new version came out.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I'm not talking about does Second space work or not in Xiaomi.eu 21.7.7 (sorry, if it doesn't for you upon upgrade)

Only I want to say that I doubt that TWRP is able at all to decrypt for user 10, no matter which Xiaomi.eu version you use, 21.7.7 or 21.6.30 (or stock, or whatever)

Hence again, my question was:
When you were on 21.6.30 (and second space worked for you in Android/System), then if you booted to TWRP, was TWRP able to decrypt or TWRP was then also showing the error for user 10

I.e, Does second space work when you boot to Android/System is one thing, does TWRP support decrypting for user 10 is completely another thing (maybe the feature is missing in TWRP or implementation is not correct, etc)

Reactions: Domay
I'm not talking about does it work or not in Android (sorry, if it doesn't for you)

Only I want to say that I doubt that TWRP is able to decrypt for user 10, no matter which Xiaomi eu version you use, 21.7.7 or 21.6.30

Hence again, my question was:
When you were on 21.6.30 (and second space worked for you in Android), then if you booted to TWRP, was TWRP able to decrypt or TWRP was then also showing the error

I.e, Does second space work when you boot to Android/System is one thing, does TWRP support decrypting for user 10 is the other thing
I think it can decrypt user 10 since I can restore backups that also contain the work profile apps (I'm using island app as a work profile manager).

Status
Not open for further replies.