MIUI 12.6 21.8.11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K40 installed, it first entered safe mode and then resumed after reboot, lost theme settings, chrome works fine. Thank you.

No problems with the MiNote 10 Pro (CC9 Pro, tucana).

I cannot understand the many negative comments of the last two weeks. Maybe it's because I follow two rules myself when updating. I have acquired the first one over many years.

• Be patience! Keep calm!
  • I update the same weekly ROM almost always twice. Just in case.

My experience has been that you get impatient too quickly. Update and startup process take time! It happens (even with the current weekly ROM) that the display remains dark for 1-2 minutes.

Patience!

Nothing is more important. Just leave the smartphone to itself and don't make a hard reset prematurely. Again, patience! Wait up to 5 minutes before doing anything else! The entire update process takes time! And after booting, give the smartphone another 5-10 minutes until everything runs smoothly.

And after that, if necessary, install the same update again a second time. At least it can't cause any additional pain. And it can't get any worse. Still remember: Be patience (again).

The reward for patience: I don't have a app freezing. Chrome runs as well.

Note: I use TWRP, not Magisk. I download updates via browser, not via app.

If you use third party launchers and gesture navigation. Do NOT apply this update. It fully disables gesture navigation with third party launchers! This should be in update notes!
View attachment 38265
Mi 11 ultra
Why are you spamming here with your BIG attachement?
A minimum respect for users is to just attach a file.
This for an issue that has nothing to do with EU rom and only to trick you are using and experiment you are trying!.

Reactions: biscoot
This for an issue that has nothing to do with EU rom and only to trick you are using and experiment you are trying!.
Attachment looks quite normal to me

This is an issue, because it takes functionality that was available before. It definitely should be mentioned in release notes

Not spam but I did fix the attachment size, that was my bad.

Also it perfectly fine to notify other users of a feature regression. It's now AFAIK impossible to use 3rd party launchers with gestures without root. This is info I would have liked to know before update even if it's not Xiaomi.eu fault.

Attachment looks quite normal to me

This is an issue, because it takes functionality that was available before. It definitely should be mentioned in release notes

As much as I understand your pain, I don't see preventing a workaround being an issue that should be mentioned in the release notes.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
As much as I understand your pain, I don't see preventing a workaround being an issue that should be mentioned in the release notes.
Under same logic if an update breaks all root/sideloading apps/third party app stores, it should not be reported in the release notes? All three of the aforementioned are workarounds.

I use chrome for many years. I don't like any other browser

From poco f3 via Tapatalk
Well I like and use dark mode, most of the people like and use their camera, so it is not one thing. This is beta weekly ROM, act reasonable if something can be done the devs will surely do it, if they need help we need to help them, but we cannot ask for anything and definitely there is no point in complaining.

Not spam but I did fix the attachment size, that was my bad.

Also it perfectly fine to notify other users of a feature regression. It's now AFAIK impossible to use 3rd party launchers with gestures without root. This is info I would have liked to know before update even if it's not Xiaomi.eu fault.
It's possible like before, there's just one more step.
Go to previous week's thread and search posts by myself, someone posted a workaround which works great. ;)

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Under same logic if an update breaks all root/sideloading apps/third party app stores, it should not be reported in the release notes? All three of the aforementioned are workarounds.
Absolutely, I do agree for root and third party app stores, I don't see why it would need to be reported in the releases notes.

Sideloading is different, it is a feature explicitly supported, it would be strange to remove without notice.

To say it another way, I don't expect Xiaomi or Xiaomi.eu to test and report on features that were already designed to not exist in the ROM.

Poco F2 Pro here....second week in a row that phone constantly freezes or reboots. Tried clean install but unusable. Moving on to stable because this is becoming ridiculous. Feels more like an alpha then a beta

UPDATE: After a dosen reboots it completely crashed and it won't boot. I would avoid this release

Facing similar issue with my Poco F2 Pro, chrome App is basically unusable now.

Facing similar issue with my Poco F2 Pro, chrome App is basically unusable now.
After removing the chrome and restarting after that, the poco f2 pro behaves much better without more freezies.

Изпратено от моят Redmi K30 Pro с помощта на Tapatalk

It's possible like before, there's just one more step.
Go to previous week's thread and search posts by myself, someone posted a workaround which works great. ;)

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
If you are talking about changing custom global setting force_fsg_nav_bar 1, then that either required adb access from an external device or root, right? I don't know of another way at the moment, please do share if there is a way without adb/root, it would be very helpful.

Absolutely, I do agree for root and third party app stores, I don't see why it would need to be reported in the releases notes.

Sideloading is different, it is a feature explicitly supported, it would be strange to remove without notice.

To say it another way, I don't expect Xiaomi or Xiaomi.eu to test and report on features that were already designed to not exist in the ROM.
I believe the main reason to report on disabling features like this is to avoid confusion and spam from confused end users. My community feedback about this version of the beta: I would have preferred to know of this regression before the update. If this change gets implemented into the stable version, there will be others who will not like this change.

Obviously I am in no position to tell Xiaomi.eu what they have to do, but I am allowed to provide feedback as a user and they can happily ignore me.

Edit:
Also all 3 of the features I mentioned are supported by AOSP btw..

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivier JEANNIN

I cannot understand the many negative comments of the last two weeks. Maybe it's because I follow two rules myself when updating. I have acquired the first one over many years.

My experience has been that you get impatient too quickly. Update and startup process take time! It happens (even with the current weekly ROM) that the display remains dark for 1-2 minutes.

Patience!

Nothing is more important. Just leave the smartphone to itself and don't make a hard reset prematurely. Again, patience! Wait up to 5 minutes before doing anything else! The entire update process takes time! And after booting, give the smartphone another 5-10 minutes until everything runs smoothly.

And after that, if necessary, install the same update again a second time. At least it can't cause any additional pain. And it can't get any worse. Still remember: Be patience (again).

This is all very strange. It is still affecting some phones, but not every user with that phone. No-one has been able to pin down the cause yet, so it is not easy to take preventative measures.

I set my log going, waiting for something to happen, but it didn't! However, I thought that I would follow your suggestion to re-install, and just when I was going to report that it worked, I had Firefox freeze on me! If it goes the same way as last week, I might get one more problem before the end of the week.

I totally agree with your assessment / method. The only thing I would add is for people to backup before installing. Some have tried to go back to previous versions, but failed. I always do a full nandroid / TWRP backup before each weekly installation. And I back that up to my PC. And at the moment I am also doing one or two extra backups during the week.

I believe the main reason to report on disabling features like this is to avoid confusion and spam from confused end users. My community feedback about this version of the beta: I would have preferred to know of this regression before the update. If this change gets implemented into the stable version, there will be others who will not like this change.

Obviously I am in no position to tell Xiaomi.eu what they have to do, but I am allowed to provide feedback as a user and they can happily ignore me.
I can see your point of view. I still don't imagine the few people in Xiaomi.eu team keeping track of all the hacks users do, and report every week if they are still working in the weekly. They already have enough work trying to verify everything that is meant to work is still OK.

Also all 3 of the features I mentioned are supported by AOSP btw..

I don't understand what would be the link with this topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot

Patience!

Yep, updated second time, left phone for 30 min alone, looks like all works so far, but before second update was freezing all, and I was patient, didnt touch the Phone for 5-10 mins. Mi Note 10 Pro.

Whre is performance mod and all tool box because i have battery saver too. and not in control panel (mi11ultra)

Last edited:
Mi Note 10 (tucana) is working amazing, everything seems to work, even Chrome is blazing fast so far, the phone feels faster, and the camera keeps getting better and better, great work guys.

Ciao ragazzi,spero di aver postato nella sezione giusta: con l'ultimo aggiornamento (21.8.11) non riesco a trovare la release per il mio smartphone,nello specifico Xiaomi Mi 10t pro che solitamente trovo sotto la voce HMK 30S ULTRA. Ho cercato in entrambi i link ma non vi è nulla. Sapete dirmi se arriverà in ritardo o se questa settimana non sarà aggiornata???? Attendo vostre notizie,grazie

Patience!

Dude our phone is epic, it runs amazing with this mod!

Reactions: zwerg111
Mi 9T here. Faced no issues mentioned in this thread. Camera, recents, fast charging, browser (Fennec) work fine.

It's a fact for a year on all Android 11 devices, Xiaomi devs added only that confirmation dialog last week which basically confirms non-system launchers don't support FSG on MIUI. Blame Xiaomi and their launcher implementation, there's nothing we can do about.

Status
Not open for further replies.