MIUI 12.6 21.8.11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really!?
That's nice, thanks for telling us...but we've heard it like a thousand times already.

Sorry to touch on this sensitive topic again. But in this version it is a new behavior compare to previous weeks.
In the past versions, when you turn on dark mode, it forces dark mode on every app. If you want the app to remain in light mode, and if the app can be listed in the "More dark mode options", you can manually toggle it off.

In this version, the toggles in "More dark mode options" do nothing, at all. This might be not noticeable at first, but on app that doesn't have theme, for example the currency converter app XE, it doesn't go dark, even if your device is in dark mode and you play around the toggle.

So tldr, Xiaomi improved something (all individual apps are finally shown), but broke something (toggle does nothing). Not xiaomiEU's problem of course I know.

Redmi Note 8 Ginkgo
Just wanted to mention, that the memory extension is the best progress for this (I assume unfortunately soon outdated) device! App killing management is still too aggressive, but at least most apps are not totally fkd up after leaving them for two minutes.
Btw does anyone know if ME feature is also implemented into the STABLE version I've recently discovered?

Reactions: dexterv
Good day!
How to remove the button in red?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-29-56-981_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-29-56-981_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 380
Redmi Note 8 Ginkgo
Just wanted to mention, that the memory extension is the best progress for this (I assume unfortunately soon outdated) device! App killing management is still too aggressive, but at least most apps are not totally fkd up after leaving them for two minutes.
Btw does anyone know if ME feature is also implemented into the STABLE version I've recently discovered?
I have read in several places that the Memory extension is in fact a Miui 13 feature, for instance, Xiaomi MIUI 13 update to bring 3GB additional RAM, memory extension feature emerged.

Reactions: mankokoma
I finally found the fix for YouTube and twitch stuttery video in my 3/32 variant ginkgo in MIUI Android 11 based rom,if you experiencing some choppy in youtube this might help you too and it works in EU rom in stable 12.5build and global rom
Just add this to your build.prop
debug.composition.type=dyn

You 3 options to use
dyn = cpu and gpu
gpu= gpu only
cpu= cpu only

If you don't have any stuttering/choppy video in your youtube playback don't use this line...for me it works like a charm
I created a zip file to install in TWRP to easily add this prop in build.prop file. :)

Download link => TWRP_Fix_Choppy_Video_Playback_v1.0.zip

INFO: You can remove this fix by simply installing the zip file again in TWRP. ^^

Here's a Magisk module for rooted users => Fix_Choppy_Video_Playback_v1.0-Magisk.zip

(@dexterv ^^)

I installed the rom about two days ago and I've experienced a strong battery drain for the whole time the smartphone was turned on. Most of the battery was drained by "Media Storage" process which has recently started to drain less battery but still every 2/3 minutes the battery drops by 1%. Any way to fix this issue? Or should I just wait for the next weekly release and hope the issue gets fixed with the new update?
photo_2021-08-18_12-31-15.jpg

Sorry to touch on this sensitive topic again. But in this version it is a new behavior compare to previous weeks.
In the past versions, when you turn on dark mode, it forces dark mode on every app. If you want the app to remain in light mode, and if the app can be listed in the "More dark mode options", you can manually toggle it off.

In this version, the toggles in "More dark mode options" do nothing, at all. This might be not noticeable at first, but on app that doesn't have theme, for example the currency converter app XE, it doesn't go dark, even if your device is in dark mode and you play around the toggle.

So tldr, Xiaomi improved something (all individual apps are finally shown), but broke something (toggle does nothing). Not xiaomiEU's problem of course I know.
Yea, apps like Whatsapp that were hidden are visible now.
But the other part you mentioned have also been reported m..that dark mode doesn't work for some apps even if they are selected.

Reactions: ultimatepichu
Good day!
I have Mi 10T and apps from Recent apps freezes. When I am scrolling the list apps disappear and sometimes I cannot choose app to restore because it is freezed.
I get the exact same problem but on Mi 11 Ultra. Reboot helps for a while then it starts happening again.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: topoinol
Sorry I don't see the point of this post. Obviously this is a beta ROM and if one wants stability, one shouldn't use it. From my personal opinion, only the note 21.7.28 being 'stable' is useful.

In terms of my post, I am just verifying to topoinol that this is a ROM related bug, (since noone else said that they get this bug) and not some other issue related to his settings/install.

I installed the rom about two days ago and I've experienced a strong battery drain for the whole time the smartphone was turned on. Most of the battery was drained by "Media Storage" process which has recently started to drain less battery but still every 2/3 minutes the battery drops by 1%. Any way to fix this issue? Or should I just wait for the next weekly release and hope the issue gets fixed with the new update?View attachment 38334
Try charging your phone fully overnight to finish system optimization.

Sorry I don't see the point of this post. Obviously this is a beta ROM and if one wants stability, one shouldn't use it. From my personal opinion, only the note 21.7.28 being 'stable' is useful.
In your earlier post, did you not say, "I get the exact same problem but on Mi 11 Ultra. Reboot helps for a while then it starts happening again.", when replying to @topoinol when he said, "I have Mi 10T and apps from Recent apps freezes."
If you would have read my post, you would have seen: "The results have been unpredictable: some have produced bootloops, and some have produced errors in some apps (e.g. freezing), and ...".

Surely one reason for your coming to post in this forum is to get feedback. And that is what I gave you, based on what you said especially when so many are posting very similar problems (e.g. freezing). And it can get quite frustrating when people post without reading other previous comments which frequently explain the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.