MIUI 12.6 21.8.4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGELOG

System

Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021 [almost of devices]

Security
New - New "Game Turbo" layout
New - "App suggestions" widget shows the apps you might need right now

Scanner
Fix - App crashed on first launch due to a layout bug

Settings
Fix - Input method selection for physical input devices didn't work correctly
Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021
"almost of devices" - should it mean almost ALL devices or what?

Last edited:
I have a Mi 9T (so same device as yours) on 21.8.4. And, yes, Xiaomi should announce end of support for "davinci" Beta ROMs instead of releasing useless updates...

True... Many Xiaomi's decisions are unlogical. :(
Security patch update to Aug for "almost OF devices" has likely skipped the davinci again, living it still on May?

Last edited:
Yes ...freezing with and without magisk :( its freezing after 1 minute reboot automatically or hard reset press vol+ power button twice
Same here and now my phone is unusable. I' ve try to reinstall and now enters recovery and tell Rescue party trigger! Please help!
Similar experiences to what I had. I described mine here (#173) and here (#187). I also went into a Recovery loop and had to do a format. I'm now on this week's ROM. Whatever it was seems to have sorted itself out now (for the moment, anyway).
I'm still in Dark mode - putting my files back now.

• Sad
Reactions: KGVER
Similar experiences to what I had. I described mine here (#173) and here (#187). I also went into a Recovery loop and had to do a format. I'm now on this week's ROM. Whatever it was seems to have sorted itself out now (for the moment, anyway).
I'm still in Dark mode - putting my files back now.

Good evening! So, it is a "risk" this update for mi 10 right?

I see complaints about lags, but zero logs.
We can't deal with invisible issue with witchcraft, you know.
In any case, Xiaomi messed something up with the dark mode again about two days ago that can cause freezes and/or lags (unrelated to the already known dark mode issues, and can probably happen even if dark mode isn't enabled, it's a code quality issue).

Mine's also running without any problems so far, dirty flashed from previous weekly version (Umi).

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KGVER
I have a Mi 9T (so same device as yours) on 21.8.4. And, yes, Xiaomi should announce end of support for "davinci" Beta ROMs instead of releasing useless updates...

True... Many Xiaomi's decisions are unlogical. :(
Same problem on my Mi 9

Hi,

Does anyone upgrade to this sw version on Mi 11 (venus)?
Is there freezez issue in dark mode?
Thanks.

I can't provide a logcat atm (sorry), but I'm also facing random freezes every 2-3 minutes.

Dirty flashed from last week build, and also flashed magisk like always.

Poco F3

Reactions: ednancota
I can't provide a logcat atm (sorry), but I'm also facing random freezes every 2-3 minutes.

Dirty flashed from last week build, and also flashed magisk like always.

Poco F3
updated mine 3 hours ago and tested around.
Nothing to report.
Standard theme and wallpaper.........

All good so for for Mi9 after dirty flash.
Just security update is still from 2021.05.01
Thanks developers !

Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)

good day!
After rebooting, no application opens, writes: before opening applications, wait until the device is fully loaded.
Are there options without a full reset?
Thank you in advance

Some Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) feedback:

Security patch is still May, no changes in Game Turbo layout, the device is left out again.

I have issues with banking apps (Revolut, Unicredit Bulgaria app) crashing at start up (the log from Revolut) anyone with such problems on 21.08.05? CTS passes fine, play store certified, tried reinstalling, everything apart from clean flash. Any ideas? I am not sure this is a ROM issue at all or what Xiaomi did, but everything is working fine on the previous weekly.

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'byte[] java.lang.String.getBytes()' on a null object reference
at com.google.firebase.perf.internal.r.d(Unknown Source:6)
at com.google.firebase.perf.internal.r.<init>(Unknown Source:15)
at com.google.firebase.perf.internal.c.o(Unknown Source:137)
at com.google.firebase.perf.internal.c.l(Unknown Source:0)
at com.google.firebase.perf.internal.f.run(Unknown Source:2)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

I had to revert back to 21.7.28 since I need my banking apps.
same here, since the previous rom. some banks app doesn't work(banco galicia, bbva) in RN8

• Sad
Reactions: dexterv
I'm currently running in 27.1.28 Weekly ROM how can i update to the latest one.. Should i OTA Update enabled and Dirty Flash it or Clean Format ?

Installed it on my Mi 10 Ultra this morning, it would freeze after about 1 minute of use, screen goes black and phone turns itself off. Reinstalled the rom, same result. Downgrade to previous weekly results in a twrp-boot-loop. Reinstalled this 21.8.4 and now it froze again after about 1 minute but then unfroze half a minute later. Seems to work now. (FYI - I don't use Magisk)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.