MIUI 12.6 21.9.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One bug I found, switching between open apps isnt working.

I press the app thumbnail to switch, nothing happens. If I scroll, the thumbnail disappears leaving the app title at the top. Have to reopen app to access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-10-07-49-15-792_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-10-07-49-15-792_com.miui.home.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2021-09-10-07-48-59-163_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-10-07-48-59-163_com.miui.home.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 169
Poco f2 pro working perfect. I was afraid to flash last build because of the reports of the safety net pass. I took the risk with this one and everything works fine (g-pay, banking app).

Anyone tried it on venus (mi 11)? Is the safety net issue resolved?
There is no "SafetyNet issue", unless you consider Google security an "issue", in which case you should take it up with Google directly.
We're not supposed to hack around Google security, simply because we're not hackers. The fact that they made it even harder to bypass the CTS check means they don't want us bypassing it. Many of you, including us, don't like the direction Google is taking, but you should take the complaints to Google instead of waiting for some kind of salvation from us.

There is no "SafetyNet issue", unless you consider Google security an "issue", in which case you should take it up with Google directly.
We're not supposed to hack around Google security, simply because we're not hackers. The fact that they made it even harder to bypass the CTS check means they don't want us bypassing it. Many of you, including us, don't like the direction Google is taking, but you should take the complaints to Google instead of waiting for some kind of salvation from us.
Do we need a global a12 release for modding safety net for venus?

Do we need a global a12 release for modding safety net for venus?
No, Google is using forced hardware attestation on newer devices. The only way around it that we know of is using "Pixel" as model name, which will most likely be patched as well later on. There are no permanent solutions because Google doesn't want unlocked devices to pass SafetyNet check.

No, Google is using forced hardware attestation on newer devices. The only way around it that we know of is using "Pixel" as model name, which will most likely be patched as well later on. There are no permanent solutions because Google doesn't want unlocked devices to pass SafetyNet check.
I have no idea what hardware attestation is but it's Google kills support for unlocked devices this will kill many custom roms :( what's the point of open source then

Please... Can someone pass me the APK of the Miui Scanner app in this ROM version?

I'd (almost) like to see, if possible, hundreds of millions of devices failing to pass safetynet for having either root access or unlocked bootloader, losing access to baning apps, etc.... ~Only then google and those annoying apps would (probably) care for some "more" of their customers..
(Meanwhile using the admin account on windows ~doesn't trip any security mechanism..)

Ginkgo Redmi Note 8
dirty flashed 21.9.8
nothing to complain yet

Wondering points: Nothing mentioned in changelog inside Updater app and security state is still 1st of may
Whatever...

Thanks a lot Devs!
Dont use Xiaomi.eu on the official global rom the security patches at july 2021 so up to date. why does xiami.eu use outdatet security patches don't use xiami,eu use the official from for the redmi note 8

Reactions: Real_alex
One bug I found, switching between open apps isnt working.

I press the app thumbnail to switch, nothing happens. If I scroll, the thumbnail disappears leaving the app title at the top. Have to reopen app to access.
Should be the same bug with system launcher I encountered. Solved by installing 4.22 version of Mi Launcher

I have no idea what hardware attestation is but it's Google kills support for unlocked devices this will kill many custom roms :( what's the point of open source then
yeah android is s like appels ios . why does google make this . mybe google do you want to force people to buy a new smartphone, because e.g. banking apps do not work properly. So as soon as the manufacturer stops the updates that would be mean but capitalism unfortunately.the magisk developer now also works at googel maybe he has something to do with it i mean i think he even patched the gap through which magisk passed the safety net test why do you fix something like that and destroy the baking apps support for millions of banking apps especially he develops against his own program

Reactions: Banned Doche
MINOTE 10. android auto no longer works. cause restarting the phone
Same here with POCO F2 PRO.

After connecting AA the screen turns black and after a few minutes it reboots.

Any fix?

Can we downgrade to version 21.9.1 by dirty flashing zip ROM?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.