MIUI 14 22.12.8/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plz follow the link of debug log. Thanks.

Give the app all permissions regarding SMS, MMS and "Get device info".
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: reading com.android.providers.telephony.MmsSmsProvider uri content://mms-sms/conversations?simple=true from pid=6906, uid=10261 requires android.permission.READ_SMS, or grantUriPermission()

Reactions: Birraque
Hello, thanks for the work, I had problems with the installation of the new rom in the 12s ultra, bootloop, the phone went to recovery after "updating" to the new rom via fastboot, and the twrp still saw everything (I had not requested anything yet), I did dalvik cache to see if it booted, rebooted the system... and the phone went to fastboot with no other option than to do a new clean installation, losing everything (thankfully I had a copy).

Now I can't create shortcuts in screen and some app weather widgets not working, any ideas? I am going to update to the new rom that solve the issue with the front camera. Thank you.

The animated-style isn't implemented by Xiaomi yet into the Media Player (Notification Panel).
Apparently the functionality of the Media Player in the Notification Center has changed in MIUI 14. It has different functionalities depending on the source application, while the Media Player in the Control Center keep the Play/Stop/Pause functions. (annex)
To be confirmed... It's just my best guess.
How did you place this music panel?
Mine just doesn't show up.

The whole system seems to be more fluid, optimized and fast now. I'm very happy with current MIUI14 and still testing it.
I'm confident that when the Global version is available .EU will import all functional widgets.
Dude 2 gb virtual ram was not working in miui 13 but in this version I made 5 GB. The device looks very fluid. I think it's working

I installed on my K50 Ultra, works great, everything works perfectly. Great job, thank you all.

There's an update showing on my POCO F3, I just flashed the MIUI 14 Beta last 2 days ago. Can I flash that update without losing data?

Very very nice rom.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-09-09-55-485_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-09-09-55-485_com.android.settings.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 213
XIAOMI 12 X (Psyche) - The updater app closes immediately or cannot be opened at all (FC - Force close).

Just a little note for those who are so upset here. Please remember that this is a weekly beta release! It's perfectly normal for something not to work with beta versions. Our developers here do all this on their free time, nobody gets paid for it here. It would therefore be good if this job received some recognition

Last edited:
Reactions: timbook2
XIAOMI 12 X (Psyche) - The updater app closes immediately or cannot be opened at all (FC - Force close).

Just a little note for those who are so upset here. Please remember that this is a weekly beta release! It's perfectly normal for something not to work with beta versions. Our developers here do all this on their free time, nobody gets paid for it here. It would therefore be good if this job received some recognition
Same device, working fine for me though..

I have another bug with Android Auto, if I unlock the phone while using it the screen stays black and I have to press the power button to unlock it..

Reactions: Moviestar
Flash miui 14 (mi12s ) new rom Is ok. update stable->developer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-08-21-33-630_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-08-21-33-630_com.android.settings.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 134
XIAOMI 12 X (Psyche) - Here the report of the force close in the Updater app :
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.updater/com.android.updater.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from null array
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:902)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:79)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:76)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:172)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
    at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:123)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:312)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from null array
    at com.android.updater.MainActivity.compareDates(MainActivity.java:962)
    at com.android.updater.MainActivity.ifDownloaded(MainActivity.java:703)
    at com.android.updater.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:416)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:127)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:627)
    ... 12 more

Last edited by a moderator:
XIAOMI 12 X (Psyche) - Here the report of the force close in the Updater app :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.updater/com.android.updater.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from null array
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:902)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:79)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:76)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:172)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:123)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:312)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from null array
at com.android.updater.MainActivity.compareDates(MainActivity.java:962)
at com.android.updater.MainActivity.ifDownloaded(MainActivity.java:703)
at com.android.updater.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:416)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:127)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:627)
... 12 more
Maybe wipe data of the updater app and retry

Hello and first of all a big thank you to all developers.
I flashed the roms on my Mi 11 Ultra and my wife's Mi 10s via Fastboot update. Everything I've tried so far works perfectly and my wife hasn't even complained :)

I wish you all a peaceful celebration with your loved ones, health for everyone and a happy new year :emoji_santa:

Found a bug on Poco F3.
I did clean install this on the latest stable version and I noticed carrier info cards that something pop up after a call or something are not fitting the width of the screen and are not rounded at the bottom. They look weird. Not huge but it's there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-11-52-20-990_com.miui.home~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-11-52-20-990_com.miui.home~3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 177
Give the app all permissions regarding SMS, MMS and "Get device info".
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: reading com.android.providers.telephony.MmsSmsProvider uri content://mms-sms/conversations?simple=true from pid=6906, uid=10261 requires android.permission.READ_SMS, or grantUriPermission()
Hi,

There is a crash issue of my Mi11 system APP "Power and Performance" too. Crash log as follow. Does anyone has idea?
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.miui.powerkeeper.feedbackcontrol.ThermalManager.enableMonitor(boolean)' on a null object reference
    at com.miui.powerkeeper.feedbackcontrol.FeedbackControlService$MyBinderService.setControlFeature(Unknown Source:33)
    at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.startGetFeedback(Unknown Source:19)
    at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.checkReady(Unknown Source:34)
    at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.access$1900(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver$4.run(Unknown Source:7)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one mi12s ultra, updated today from miui13 stable with a dirty install to miui14. Everything looks good, some things to relate:

1 - multi-apps options, like resize, in task menu not working.
2 - unable to change background lockscreen image.
3 - incompatible with Microsoft intune/Microsoft company portal (ms teams and ms outlook don't works)
Using intune to have access to Office365 (Outlook, OneDrive business, SharePoint, etc) and luckily working fine here

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk

I did a dirty flash on my Mix 4 from 13.0.8 stable to 14.0.22.12.8. Everything works perfectly. After 1 year of waiting the first working beta. It was worth the wait. Many thanks to the Xiaomi.eu team!

I'm currently on MIUI 13 22.10.26 / Android 12 installed using the twrp method. Is it safe / possible to update to this MIUI 14 build using fastboot without any additional configuration or data loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.