Not open for further replies.
Omg this ROM is good. Someone really mentioned 870 > 888 haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-10-23-30-179_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-10-23-30-179_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 2,087
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Birraque
I'm currently on MIUI 13 22.10.26 / Android 12 installed using the twrp method. Is it safe / possible to update to this MIUI 14 build using fastboot without any additional configuration or data loss?
Yes, it's safe and no data lost by using command "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat"

Well, it's "safe" as in "possible". Flashing newly released beta/dev ROMs via fastboot is the opposite of safe, so make backups if you value your data.

on my 11 (venus), it won't let me install bank applications, clean installation, what should i do thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-09-32-01-858_krypton.tbsafetychecker.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-09-32-01-858_krypton.tbsafetychecker.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 181
Omg this ROM is good. Someone really mentioned 870 > 888 haha
Is there such a performance gap between 870 and 888? Getting this score on my Redmi K40 Pro+ with an 888... (Was stupid, didn't notice I was still on Geekbench 4.)
Screenshot_2022-12-19-10-34-39-859_com.primatelabs.geekbench.jpg

Last edited:
I did that , and i got stuck in twrp after every reboot .
Did you try following my steps after that? You could try wiping Cache/Dalvik in TWRP. If that doesn't work you'll probably need to do a clean install to recover from that, so I hope you have backed up your data or are still able to do via recovery.

Hi,

There is a crash issue of my Mi11 system APP "Power and Performance" too. Crash log as follow. Does anyone has idea?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.miui.powerkeeper.feedbackcontrol.ThermalManager.enableMonitor(boolean)' on a null object reference
at com.miui.powerkeeper.feedbackcontrol.FeedbackControlService$MyBinderService.setControlFeature(Unknown Source:33)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.startGetFeedback(Unknown Source:19)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.checkReady(Unknown Source:34)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver.access$1900(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.GmsObserver$4.run(Unknown Source:7)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)
Delete data from Power and performance and it will work. I had the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-18-22-45-26-779_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-18-22-45-26-779_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 153
All fine in here with Miui14 on mi 11 ultra.
does the phone's frame rate switch from 120 to 60hz if brightness is lower ~70% if you do not touch screen? I was digging for software battery drain issues, and still had apps running in background in 22.10.26. I.e. app Speedtest, autostart - disabled, app battery saver - restrict background activity, but in app behavior I saw, that app autostarted.

Just a little question: Fastboot rom didn't come with twrp, right? So how to reinstall magisk after rom update? Booting a12 recovery and install? Thx

Found a bug on Poco F3.
I did clean install this on the latest stable version and I noticed carrier info cards that something pop up after a call or something are not fitting the width of the screen and are not rounded at the bottom. They look weird. Not huge but it's there.
Another bug found on Poco f3
when trying to select default apps, some are appearing more than once in the options take a look at the attached example where office has more than one appearance when trying to select default photo app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-26-15-245_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-26-15-245_com.android.settings.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 134
Just a little question: Fastboot rom didn't come with twrp, right? So how to reinstall magisk after rom update? Booting a12 recovery and install? Thx
fastboot boot twrp, then install twrp via Advanced -> Flash current TWRP. After it's successful you can flash Magisk from there.

Short and important information for all testers: It would be very good and helpful if you always copied the error log (error report) and sent it with the posts in the event of errors. This speeds up troubleshooting and helps our developers with future beta versions. Thanks very much! :)

Last edited:
Use Geekbench 5 to compare.
Ha, ha. Makes more sense. Goes to show how long I've not benchmarked my phones for.
1671444458491.png

From what was posted here it's around a 10% increase in CPU score over the 870 though, so it's exactly as expected. (Data Point of 1, didn't run multiple tests to cherrypick.)

Last edited:
Did you try following my steps after that? You could try wiping Cache/Dalvik in TWRP. If that doesn't work you'll probably need to do a clean install to recover from that, so I hope you have backed up your data or are still able to do via recovery.
try it, not working .
Thanks for answer

Hello, I'm still having weird problems with the new rom on the 12s ultra, every time I close an app and go back to the home screen, it keeps thinking until it loads desktop icons, I still can't generate some widgets for weather app, and I can´t create shortcuts (I check the checked the permissions of the app), the phone doesn't vibrate in silent mode... does it happen to anyone else? I'm sorry... to ask.12S ultra issue

Hello, I'm still having weird problems with the new rom on the 12s ultra, every time I close an app and go back to the home screen, it keeps thinking until it loads desktop icons, I still can't generate some widgets for weather app, and I can´t create shortcuts (I check the checked the permissions of the app), the phone doesn't vibrate in silent mode... does it happen to anyone else? I'm sorry... to ask.12S ultra issue
Hello! I have an 12s ultra, no such problems. Installed the software using the update.

does the phone's frame rate switch from 120 to 60hz if brightness is lower ~70% if you do not touch screen? I was digging for software battery drain issues, and still had apps running in background in 22.10.26. I.e. app Speedtest, autostart - disabled, app battery saver - restrict background activity, but in app behavior I saw, that app autostarted.
Yes framerate changes from 120 to 60 if I don't touch the screen in some apps, not in all

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk

on MIUI 14 resolution SETEDIT dont work anymore when i set user_refresh_rate= 90 it not changed, does have new way?
On MIUI 12 13 can be set how to with Miui 14

on MIUI 14 resolution SETEDIT dont work anymore when i set user_refresh_rate= 90 it not changed, does have new way?
On MIUI 12 13 can be set how to with Miui 14
Dude, there is no advantage in making 90 Hz on phones that are not 90 Hz in the settings. It forces the system to emulate 90 Hz and actually consumes more energy without realizing it.

Dude, there is no advantage in making 90 Hz on phones that are not 90 Hz in the settings. It forces the system to emulate 90 Hz and actually consumes more energy without realizing it.
Mi 11 Pro/Ultra support 30/60/90/120Hz modes and battery drain feels less with 90Hz. AOD works at 30Hz.

that correct on setting not have but in Miui 13 when i change value 90 in setedit and restart it will show on setting 90, and ufo speed test did show 90

on 14 dont change in setting and that too when i set value 90 and check ufo speed test still not in 90 it stay 120

Status
Not open for further replies.