MIUI 14 22.12.8/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1 day of use, I decided that the stable miui 13 rom is better. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed in the next updates. I don't know why but I feel like my phone has been slowing down for a few hours. Battery life is also reduced

Reactions: Mali2 and jeffrom
CHANGELOG

Highlights MIUI 14

Optimization - MIUI takes up less storage space now and keeps being swift and responsive over much more extended periods.
Optimization - Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
Optimization - Attention to detail redefines personalization and brings it to a new level.
Optimization - More than 30 scenes now support end-to-end privacy with no data stored in the cloud and all actions performed locally on the device.
Optimization - Mi Smart Hub gets a significant revamp, works much faster, and supports more devices.

Basic experience
Optimization - Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
Optimization - MIUI takes up less storage space now and keeps being swift and responsive over much more extended periods.
Optimization - Stabilized framing makes gaming more seamless than ever before.

System
New - MIUI 14 update
New - Android 13 update
New - Weekly ROMs support for Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro, Xiaomi 12T Pro/Redmi K50 Ultra, POCO F4 GT/Redmi K50G, POCO F4/Redmi K40S, Xiaomi 12S, Xiaomi 12S Pro, Xiaomi 12S Ultra
New - Some new wallpapers: Curves, Pebbles, MIUI 14
New - Super icons allow to set bigger Home screen icon size for compatible apps
New - You can make your Home screen folder bigger
Optimization - Search in Settings is now more advanced. With search history and categories in results, everything looks much crisper now.
Optimization - You can boost connection speed using mobile data when the Wi-Fi signal is too weak.

Package installer
Fix - Chinese notifications related with Secure mode were displayed while using large UI scaling

System UI
New - Adapted extended reboot menu to MIUI 13/14 style. If you wish so, you can combine it with legacy power menu
Optimization - Disabled the NFC icon on status bar

Gallery
Fix - Couldn't long-tap text in an image to recognize and select it

Permissions
Fix - Option "Return blank messages" was behaving like "Always allow"

Control center
Fix - "Nearby Share" tile was missing in certain cases

Security
Fix - Google Play services and Google Play Store were disabled in "Ultra battery saver" mode

Updater
Optimization - For those who can't get rid of red update mark dot in Settings (due to no OTA server access), "Show/Hide notifications" checkbox in Updater popup menu will control this mark as well

Warning for Xiaomi 12T Pro users:
Due to missing main camera libs for that device, camera will not work properly until Global ROM based on Android 13 will be released.

Due to Android 13 update ROMs we are releasing Fastboot version only.
New weekly MIUI 14 ROMs format V14.0.YY.MM.DD.DEV and release day will be Sunday instead of Friday
Hi , i have a Xiaomi 12s Ultra running on Stable Twrp , can i update to Miui14 via Fastboot ? Or do i have to worry about anything ? Thanks for your support

Greetings!
I would like to thank you for the wonderful job that brings us the MIUI 14.
I'm using Poco f3, and I noticed some bugs, here are the ones:

-Wi-fi is consuming the battery quite a lot(picture attached)
-when switching from wireless buds to speaker and vice versa the system crash, and goes straight to lock screen(picture attached)
-the controllers for some media players are missing in the notification shade (picture attached)

The rest is all good, the device is even faster than before! Cheers!
Here it is also crashing when changing the device on which the music will be played (Speaker or headphone)

Reactions: Gonox
Ok, and did you clear cache and dalvik on twrp ?
I did update from last Miui13 weekly using update script from fastboot. All was fine except for low scores in Geekbench. Antutu is more or less normal with 750k.

Then there was no more TWRP, but only Miui14 recovery. I used first install script then and still have the same issue.

I will follow this thread if somebody runs Geekbench with 11pro/Ultra. If others experience not the same issue, I will consider to reinstall.

Thanks for your feedback!

I have updated the Mix4 from MIUI13 - 22.10.26 to MIUI14. Update went well without any problems.

- notification delay got better for a lot of apps except social media apps
- volume button delay only on instagram

I will try a clean install of MIUI14 and will report if the mentioned points got better
I did a clean install on my Mix 4 and everything works perfect now! No more delays on WhatsApp, Instagram and Snapchat, no delay on the volume button. I get all notifications. There is just a little delay when unlocking with fingerprint. The system works faster and smoother now. Thank you devs!!!
It is also possible to choose additionally RAM. up to 7GB possible (3GB in Android 12).

tested in fridge too , less performing cause of battery doesn't like it.10k less in fridge !! !! :confused:
11pro and 11ultra are messed up since Miui13 because Xiaomi throttled and limited frequencies because of 888. Scores in Miui12 were way higher and now in 14 its even worse. I will do some testing with this ROM and the app CPU Throttleing Test.

11pro starts at 2.15ghz and drops quick below 2ghz. Isn't the 888 supposed to start at least at 2.8ghz? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-20-21-43-15-490_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-20-21-43-15-490_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
11pro and 11ultra are messed up since Miui13 because Xiaomi throttled and limited frequencies because of 888. Scores in Miui12 were way higher and now in 14 its even worse. I will do some testing with this ROM and the app CPU Throttleing Test. I'll report back.
it's ok, no problem !! sd888 is really less interesting than sd 870, only better in gpu cause ok adreno 650 is limited to 683mhz max in oced ! it's the only advantage of sd888, i think it will be better soon for your phone, tell me !! ( sd870 if it wasnt limited to 683mhz it will be far better than sd888 !) :)

11pro and 11ultra are messed up since Miui13 because Xiaomi throttled and limited frequencies because of 888. Scores in Miui12 were way higher and now in 14 its even worse. I will do some testing with this ROM and the app CPU Throttleing Test.

11pro starts at 2.15ghz and drops quick below 2ghz. Isn't the 888 supposed to start at least at 2.8ghz? :)

yes at the beginning 2.84mhz ! like my f3 last year ! 2.75GHz max in the beginning of the test ! Only fresh install with clearing cache had a good result !

Last edited:
Put it in the freezer, don't think this will be resolved by fresh install. The throttling is even more aggressive than in Miui13.

No freezer (21C room temperature)
Antutu 750k
Geekbench 750/3000

Freezer
Antutu 810k
Geekbench 1100/3400

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-20-22-28-22-099_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-20-22-28-22-099_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_2022-12-20-22-06-39-779_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-20-22-06-39-779_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: jeffrom
Wow.. just install update all successful but I have probably the bad luck on my side: bootloop
I have exaktly the same Problem with my 11 Ultra.
I first did the update via fastboot. Later then clean install.
It starts directly when unlocking after reboot.

The display glass is not broken. What you see is a bad protection glass

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: GyoVanY
To the people suffering bootloop with star device, any chance you had ram extension enabled on previous Rom?

Also do you have the 12 or 8GB Version?

I faced no issue with 12GB and disabled memory extension.

Just a thought, maybe we find some common ground.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

I have exaktly the same Problem with my 11 Ultra.
I first did the update via fastboot. Later then clean install.
It starts directly when unlocking after reboot.

The display glass is not broken. What you see is a bad protection glass

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Try first install. Unfortunately only option

Greetings!
I would like to thank you for the wonderful job that brings us the MIUI 14.
I'm using Poco f3, and I noticed some bugs, here are the ones:

-Wi-fi is consuming the battery quite a lot(picture attached)
-when switching from wireless buds to speaker and vice versa the system crash, and goes straight to lock screen(picture attached)
-the controllers for some media players are missing in the notification shade (picture attached)

The rest is all good, the device is even faster than before! Cheers!
I confirm that...

"- when switching from wireless buds to the INTERNAL speaker and vice versa the system crash, and goes straight to lock screen (picture attached)"

The Android 13 brought to default settings the new Gabeldorsche Bluetooth Stack that could be the source of this issue. To be confirmed...
I reproduced the same steps as you and the Poco F3 system crashed twice when listening Spotify Music... BT => Internal Speaker and Internal Speaker => BT

EDITED: I had the same issue with BT when using the Waze navigation with BT connected.

NOTE: Bug Report with
VIDEO from @wongwengtim

Please check,

Last edited:
I redownloaded the rom and reflashed it(dirty) and now everything is working smoothly (in context of Android auto)
In wireless Android auto or wired? If you are using Wireless AAuto...When you get data signal lost it cuts and reconnects?

I confirm that...

"- when switching from wireless buds to the INTERNAL speaker and vice versa the system crash, and goes straight to lock screen (picture attached)"

The Android 13 brought to default settings the new Gabeldorsche Bluetooth Stack that could be the source of this issue. To be confirmed...
I reproduced the same steps as you and the Poco F3 system crashed twice when listening Spotify Music... BT => Internal Speaker and Internal Speaker => BT

EDITED: I had the same issue with BT when using the Waze navigation with BT connected.

Please check,
I just had this problem, I was listening to music on Youtube Music and when switching from the Bluetooth device to the cell phone speaker to listen to audio on WhatsApp, the system closed in my face and took me to the lock screen. - (Maybe a problem of Xiaomi CN Base (V14.0.22.12.8.DEV)

Last edited:
Reactions: Birraque and Gonox
Status
Not open for further replies.