MIUI 13 22.7.13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.6weekly ROM has a bug on my K40p/11i.
It reboots after I turn on camera.
Is it fixed?
I want to burn 7.13, but do not know how to use TWRP.

Many thanks to the developers good update!
I installed the 7/22/13 on my M11 Lite 5G, all good so far.
I would wish that the launcher would go 5x7 or 5x8 without labeling. I don't understand that if there is more space without the label, the icons could move closer together.
It works with Nova Launcher, but I don't want to do without gesture control.
Endless scrolling would also be great.

The fastboot package method is so convenient. Just download, unzip, and run.
Why change to TWRP.....
is it difficult to prepare fastboot package ?
I don't think so.
You have to use a PC to extract the package, manually reboot into fastboot mode, enter cmd on the pc, start the correct file (otherwise all your data is gone) and wait for it to finish, just to not be able to make use of the A/B partition scheme, as always both slots are flashed.

With twrp: updater app shows update, you click on download and install, it will reboot automatically, you just have to enter your lockscreen password and everything happens automatically.
I don't see where fastboot is more convenient lol

Why change to TWRP.....
Nobody changed to TWRP. That's how it's always been and should be. The fastboot method was a workaround until the developers managed to find a solution to the A12 encryptions. Fastboot flashing is usually used in official firmware or for TWRP flashing. For everything else ...people use TWRP. I'm assuming you don't use root...or custom roms...hence the "hassle" with custom recoveries. You should learn how to use it...once you get the hang of it...it makes flashing and tinkering so much easier.

Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir)

Flashing video in some apps and sound interruptions in some games have not yet been fixed...

I have confirmation that the cloud backup is working properly!

I am trying since 2 days to update the rom. Can't manage to flash ot in twrp. First it didn't accepted my pin code for decryption because i could not see all folders in twrp. I turned off the lockscreen pin and fingerprint then inwas able to find the rom.zip. But then the flashing failed. I followed the instruction from tradingshenzgen.com and here what i found it didn't helped im out of ideas. Last solution is a clean flash which i don't really want to do. Any ideas? .

Thank you

Thanks for this last rom for poco f2 Pro
Appreciate your hard work

Last edited:
Reactions: mdfkz
Nobody changed to TWRP. That's how it's always been and should be. The fastboot method was a workaround until the developers managed to find a solution to the A12 encryptions. Fastboot flashing is usually used in official firmware or for TWRP flashing. For everything else ...people use TWRP. I'm assuming you don't use root...or custom roms...hence the "hassle" with custom recoveries. You should learn how to use it...once you get the hang of it...it makes flashing and tinkering so much easier.
change to TWRP means there is no more fastboot ROM.
For the k40p/11i users, the TWRP just came out this week. It means all the k40p/11i useres have to change to TWRP.
Maybe keep a choice for fastboot ROM is also helpful for some people.

Hey, can't seem to manage to get root lately, tried fastbooting a few patches images in different weekelys and even flashing with twrp, am I'm doing soemthing wrong?
Did you rename the magisk manager app?

No issues here, try to find and uninstall the hidden manager.

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Reactions: katerpanne
Why change to TWRP.....
Actually packing a fastboot ROM takes 5 minutes less than packing a recovery ROM, due to compression, but we always prioritized OTA support and more brick-proof method of flashing. Fastboot is notoriously unreliable due to random things like USB port, cable, driver etc.

Starting from this update, if you choose the file right now (on 22.7.13) it will be installed automatically after decrypting the storage in TWRP. You don't need to choose the package in TWRP.
Hi @Orjon

Thanks for your prompt answer.
That's what I imagined however it didn't happen on my Poco F3. The last update went smoothly but all steps was manual as mentioned at #22

How can we handle it for the next Weekly build?

Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-15-09-12-33-656_com.chrome.beta-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-15-09-12-33-656_com.chrome.beta-edit.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 184
Actually packing a fastboot ROM takes 5 minutes less than packing a recovery ROM, due to compression, but we always prioritized OTA support and more brick-proof method of flashing. Fastboot is notoriously unreliable due to random things like USB port, cable, driver etc.
If so, maybe OTA update should be used for weekly beta ROMs also, the same as stable version.
After all, TWRP for k40p/11i came out just this week. Before that fastboot ROMs worked well (I guess) for more than one year .
Good news is that there are some rumors about that weekly ROMS will use OTA update in the future.

If so, maybe OTA update should be used for weekly beta ROMs also, the same as stable version.
After all, TWRP for k40p/11i came out just this week. Before that fastboot ROMs worked well (I guess) for more than one year .
Good news is that there are some rumors about that weekly ROMS will use OTA update in the future.
OTA is used...

Hi @Orjon

Thanks for your prompt answer.
That's what I imagined however it didn't happen on my Poco F3. The last update went smoothly but all steps was manual as mentioned at #22

How can we handle it for the next Weekly build?

Regards,
The same happened to me. I didn't receive any update via updater app. POCO F3. Brazil.

Reactions: Birraque
Poco F2 Pro here. For the third week in a row...video clips...audio clips and audio messages freeze when playing in any video player or in WhatsApp. Had to rollback again... I'm gonna wait for next week...Might have to go stable if this isn't fixed since weekly builds are basically done with for this device. It's been a good run....had a lot of fun with you guys. See you around
Same problem I am moving to 22.6.22 hoping to solve

Is there any way to revert to an old version of .eu by rewriting a newer build? The new version has too many problems and I would like to switch to an old one...
POCO F2 Pro

Would it be possible for the weekly rom to come with the SKKK twrp?

Nebrassy doesn't work otg.

device is in fastboot menu and when i use this cmd ( fastboot flash recovery twrp.img ) to flash twrp from #2 post i got this error :

PS C:\adb> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'recovery' (196608 KB)...
OKAY [ 4.219s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: (recovery_a) No such partition)
finished. total time: 4.234s
That device doesn't have a recovery partition...
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Then flash the ROM (TWRP is included in the ROM)

Status
Not open for further replies.