MIUI 14 23.3.13/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have activated the indicator, it also works in the Viber app.

Attachments

• 1679146316946.jpg
    1679146316946.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • 1679146316942.jpg
    1679146316942.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 237
The Camera does not have access to "App behavior" to view the activation of indicators.

On the example of Viber ...

Attachments

• IMG_20230318_210247.jpg
    IMG_20230318_210247.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20230318_210327.jpg
    IMG_20230318_210327.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20230318_211052.jpg
    IMG_20230318_211052.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20230318_210915.jpg
    IMG_20230318_210915.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
It's great that it works for you, but I don't use Viber. As far as I understand, this function should work in any application, because that's the point of tracking and notifying if any of the installed applications includes a camera, microphone or geolocation and others. I checked on the example of the Camera and Whatsapp application, it doesn't work for me

The Camera does not have access to "App behavior" to view the activation of indicators.
I used the MIUI 14 EEA version, when I turned on the camera or whatsapp, the icon always appeared in the upper left corner

On the example of Viber ...
I don't understand what you are talking about. According to your pictures, everything is correct.
If you don't want Viber to indicate the camera, turn off the switch.

Reactions: KGVER
I don't understand what you are talking about.
I say that the Camera app (and other system apps) does not have indicator settings, unlike the Viber app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-18-22-28-07-248_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-18-22-28-07-248_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20230318_210247.jpg
    IMG_20230318_210247.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I say that the Camera app does not have indicator settings, unlike the Viber app.
It's great that it works for you, but I don't use Viber. As far as I understand, this function should work in any application, because that's the point of tracking and notifying if any of the installed applications includes a camera, microphone or geolocation and others. I checked on the example of the Camera and Whatsapp application, it doesn't work for me
The indicator reacts (works) only if the Position/Camera/Microphone is used by installed applications.
System apps are considered safe and not indicated.

You simply HAVE TO implement an option inside Updater app to make downloading update file via WiFi only.

Today I set download while I was inside my house, and when I went to my yard, it probably lost connection to my home WiFi because of poor signal, because when I went back in the house and checked my phone, all of my network data was eaten by downloading update.

I learned now that it can be limited via Android / MIUI settings, but it was a bit too late. I expected some setting like it's in Play Store, where you can choose to download update via WiFi only.

Also, being able to pause download would also be a nice option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-18-15-39-43-726_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-18-15-39-43-726_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_2023-03-18-15-35-49-132_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-18-15-35-49-132_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 137
You can restrict mobile data usage to Updater app

eef892cca491b74cedcccff4fe8bf7a8.jpg

Edit: sorry for not quoting properly. Tapatalk is acting up on me

Sent from my Xiaomi 13 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mik101 and Spookie
WhatsApp is an installed application, but it still doesn't work. I am surprised that miui does not track whatsapp actions, this item is simply not in the Application menu.
You are right, the identifier does not work with any app from META (FB, messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram).

Last edited:
Reactions: KGVER and omsound
You can restrict mobile data usage to Updater app

eef892cca491b74cedcccff4fe8bf7a8.jpg

Edit: sorry for not quoting properly. Tapatalk is acting up on me

Sent from my Xiaomi 13 Pro using Tapatalk
As I wrote in my third paragraph, I now turned it off by limiting it through system settings, but it was a little too late. My point was that there should be an app setting similar to how is it in the play store, and/or downloading via mobile data should be disabled by default. Majority of official OEM updaters have that settings, so if it's not too hard to implement, I don't see a reason why this one shouldn't have it, too

Reactions: omsound
Updated. The privacy indicator did not work, everything is turned on in the settings
I checked on the example of the Camera and WhatsApp application
You are right, the identifier does not work with any app from META (FB, messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram).
Certains apps are explicitly untracked, by Xiaomi design. We'll probably undo that nonsense.
Can't see why the stock Camera should be tracked though, it's a system app with high privileges anyway.

UPDATE: Patched for the next release. Obviously, this only applies to installed apps, not system apps.

Certains apps are explicitly untracked, by Xiaomi design. We'll probably undo that nonsense.
Can't see why the stock Camera should be tracked though, it's a system app with high privileges anyway.

UPDATE: Patched for the next release. Obviously, this only applies to installed apps, not system apps.
I agree with you about system applications! In the next update we will wait for changes, thank you

• Love
Reactions: KGVER

Personally, when the camera indicator appeared (in the camera application) I closed it from there.

More than a utility, it is the curiosity to know when something uses such a function.

Honest doubt, is it complicated to make it track all uses and the user is, through the configuration that already exists to enable or disable the indicator individually, the user disable what he does not want to see?

Reactions: g00drich
Personally, when the camera indicator appeared (in the camera application) I closed it from there.

More than a utility, it is the curiosity to know when something uses such a function.

Honest doubt, is it complicated to make it track all uses and the user is, through the configuration that already exists to enable or disable the indicator individually, the user disable what he does not want to see?
Where can I find this configuration or option? None of my apps show any indicators at all.

Where can I find this configuration or option? None of my apps show any indicators at all.
Settings -> Privacy protection -> Privacy -> Receive notifications about app behavior

I personally don't want to see those indicators when I use system apps (which is also the default behavior for MIUI's indicators).
If I'll see those indicators all the time - they'll lose their value because I'll be desensitized to them and completely ignore them.
That's how I see it. You might want to ask for a mod on XDA if you disagree.

As for recording app behavior for system apps without showing an indicator - yes, that one is difficult and not worth my time. Those features are linked together.

amazing rom the flashing install was so fast I thought something was f@#$ up :) great rom great work on my F-3

Status
Not open for further replies.