MIUI 14 23.3.13/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more related to any xiaomi device, not necessarily xiaomi.eu rom, but is it possible to somehow disable the camera shutter sound when in silent mode? It's not illegal in my country and I think it's stupid from xiaomi to enforce it. Is it something that you guys can modify? I know that there is a switch in the app itself but for some 3rd party apps not possible.

You simply HAVE TO implement an option inside Updater app to make downloading update file via WiFi only.

Today I set download while I was inside my house, and when I went to my yard, it probably lost connection to my home WiFi because of poor signal, because when I went back in the house and checked my phone, all of my network data was eaten by downloading update.

I learned now that it can be limited via Android / MIUI settings, but it was a bit too late. I expected some setting like it's in Play Store, where you can choose to download update via WiFi only.

Also, being able to pause download would also be a nice option.
I have been to countries where the mobile Internet is expensive and even limited, I understand you. I would initially disable the Mobile Internet item in the Update application, and who needs it will turn it on so that there are no surprises

Reactions: omsound
Thank you for the quote but I don't understand what is he saying. :(
He's saying it breaks too many things and people are too dumb to realize they caused it by disabling MIUI optimizations. Then they come back here and report the issues as bugs, even though they aren't.

If you are rooted, it is still possible to do it, but you'll have to figure out what prop to set via terminal emulator. We're not going to help with that because you obviously don't understand the consequences of doing so.

guys, could you confirm if the mirror mode of the front camera works? that is to say, in the global version in the 12x, the mirror mode is always on and it does not matter if it is turned off. mirror mode on the front camera stays on. :rolleyes:

Doesn't make any of my other apps bug out. And wallet still remembers the cards, you just have to know your CCV numbers. 3 digits per card is easy to memorize and reactivating multiple cards can be done in less than 60 seconds.
When I've done it each of the three times, it wipes all content from Wallet and makes things like Goggle Messages and Dialler bug out with permission loops

There is a noticeable improvement in battery life on my Mi 11 Ultra with this weekly. It has jumped from 6.5 to 8 hours SOT.
Well done

guys, could you confirm if the mirror mode of the front camera works? that is to say, in the global version in the 12x, the mirror mode is always on and it does not matter if it is turned off. mirror mode on the front camera stays on. :rolleyes:
checked, the switch of the Mirror camera item does not change sides, it does not matter whether this function is enabled or not, 12T Pro

@Igor Eisberg

Igor hello!
If it is possible to make this line functional - "Update in Fastboot mode" ?

IMG_20230320_194149.jpg
Now, when you click there, a message appears that this can be done using a computer (this is understandable).

You can rename this line to "Reboot to Fastboot mode" and when pressed, the smartphone rebooted into this mode.
Or add such a line to this menu if possible.
It would be convenient to do this directly from the interface.

There is an "extended power menu" where there is a reboot slider in Fastboot, but the "Developer Mode" closes itself after a while and at the same time the "extended power menu" is disabled

When I've done it each of the three times, it wipes all content from Wallet and makes things like Goggle Messages and Dialler bug out with permission loops
The Google messages one is fixed by not running the default play services build from last year.
I don't use Googles dialer.
It doesn't wipe all content from wallet - My points cards stay and the credit/bank cards just ask for CCV and reactivate via automated texts from the relevant issuer. When I click add card it shows the three that are usually there still saved, then I enter the CCV and get the texts that they're reactivated.

@Igor Eisberg

Igor hello!
If it is possible to make this line functional - "Update in Fastboot mode" ?

View attachment 46888
Now, when you click there, a message appears that this can be done using a computer (this is understandable).

You can rename this line to "Reboot to Fastboot mode" and when pressed, the smartphone rebooted into this mode.
Or add such a line to this menu if possible.
It would be convenient to do this directly from the interface.
The developer of the Updater app is @ZduneX25 , not something I can help you with.

There is an "extended power menu" where there is a reboot slider in Fastboot, but the "Developer Mode" closes itself after a while and at the same time the "extended power menu" is disabled
Developer options was never disabled by itself for me on any device I had in my history with MIUI.

Reactions: omsound
The developer of the Updater app is @ZduneX25 , not something I can help you with.

Developer options was never disabled by itself for me on any device I had in my history with MIUI.
Maybe we could ask @ZduneX25 to implement the full auto update on OTA Script like in the previous MIUI.eu 13.
The current OTA Script for MIUI.eu 14 auto update demanding us into TWRP's Step to manually select the ROM file as already Reported.
I'm counting with you (Dev Team) to addresses this improvement (issue).

Thanks in advance, regards

Maybe we could ask @ZduneX25 to implement the full auto update on OTA Script like in the previous MIUI.eu 13.
The current OTA Script for MIUI.eu 14 auto update demanding us into TWRP's Step to manually select the ROM file as already Reported.

It's not the auto updater's fault. It's SKKK's.

Reactions: ZduneX25

As Mik above me said, you can count the team out. The Updater app works correctly, TWRP by SKKK does not.
You're comparing to MIUI 13, completely ignoring the fact that an older TWRP version was used back then.

Reactions: Birraque
First time to install CNROM, my Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G is still on stock ROM Miui 13, can someone explain me more how to do this <data format and data wipe> when flashing it in fastboot?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-21-17-25-00-722_idm.internet.download.manager.plus.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-21-17-25-00-722_idm.internet.download.manager.plus.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.