MIUI 14 23.3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information for everyone who has a problem with icons (NFC, etc.)

In many threads there is a problem with the last facility in Miui 14 DEV regarding showing/hiding icons. For some users the function works, for some it works only after expanding the status bar.

I had the same problem.

The solution is (root required) to use a module called 'Customizer Miui v14' (lsposed required) and including (Status bar functions - Customizer Miui v14) move the NFC icon to the right. The icon will start showing normally in the status bar.

Regards.

Reactions: katerpanne
Hi, long tap on the app, select app info, power management (German: Stromsparen), and switch it off.
You didn't understand what he asked. "MIUI OPTIMIZATIONS" is intentionally unavailable on xiaomi.eu.

Attachments

• Turn-off-MIUI-optimization.jpg
    Turn-off-MIUI-optimization.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 456
Reactions: KGVER
[Camera app | Mi 11 Pro]
In older versions, when the screen was off, you could choose whether to take a photo or video when long pressing the "volume -" button. Now, first of all, the choice is missing, only photos are possible (see photo) and then there is a loud shutter noise even when the device is muted and these are turned off in the app settings.

Edit: I added a screenshot from Google how it looks before: you could choose between off, photo and video

Attachments

• 1678803732160.png
    1678803732160.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 1678803762160.jpeg
    1678803762160.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
Google pay stopped working all of a sudden on diting (worked before on this version). No root and updating via TWRP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-14-16-29-42-254_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-14-16-29-42-254_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:
A question for devs: would it be possible for you to mod the always on display app to support showing the message preview with the notification? Or do you never mod any system app?

Hi,
Thanks for the update.
I still have an issue after each update with Bluetooth on car kit.
The first time I try to make a call after the update, it won't be routed to the car kit.
To fix it, I have to make a call from the phone, and connect to Bluetooth, after that it will work.

Also, with Android Auto, I keep getting intermittently connect/disconnect and I have to update the Android Auto again...
Other than those 2 items, it looks great.

XM12 device.
This solution could help you too.

Latest version - Android Auto 9.1.631024-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+) By Google LLC

Reactions: Jacometto
Poco F3

Homescreen gap is back again. What's going on in Xiaomi HQ lol

Hope battery is better on this one, not very hopeful since miui14. If only downgrade was easy without data loss
I didn't noticed any gap on F3's Home Screen. (annex)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-14-13-58-50-401_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-14-13-58-50-401_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
A question for devs: would it be possible for you to mod the always on display app to support showing the message preview with the notification? Or do you never mod any system app?
Of course we mod system apps, just not by arbitrary requests. I don't know what exactly you mean by "to support showing the message preview with the notification" but it doesn't sound essential enough to be part of the ROM.

Regarding delay in notifications - until 1 month ago I had it on my Xiaomi 11. What solved the issue was a clean install with a full wipe

Of course we mod system apps, just not by arbitrary requests. I don't know what exactly you mean by "to support showing the message preview with the notification" but it doesn't sound essential enough to be part of the ROM.
For some reason he wants anyone near by to be able to see his message previews all of the time without touching the phone when it's just sitting on the table. Meanwhile privacy conscious users don't even want to show message previews on the lock screen if someone touches their phone. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: KGVER and PIUduck
I didn't noticed any gap on F3's Home Screen. (annex)
That's because you have Gestures Full Screen Indicator ON (bottom white bar)

If you HIDE it, the gap will appear like past updates. I attached both hidden and unhidden

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-09-51-34-348_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-09-51-34-348_com.miui.home.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15-09-51-40-383_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-09-51-40-383_com.miui.home.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Reactions: Birraque
That's because you have Gestures Full Screen Indicator ON (bottom white bar)

If you HIDE it, the gap will appear like past updates. I attached both hidden and unhidden
Your font size, icon size and layout make it a lot bigger than it needs to be. Even with full screen gestures on (and indicator hidden), my gap doesn't seem as big yours because most stuff ends up with similar spacing. By the same token you could say the gap at the top row of icons to the status bar is too big.
It does help when there are a few two row app names on the bottom to eat up some space though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-14-23-27-09-560_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-14-23-27-09-560_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15-00-11-12-986_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-00-11-12-986_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Reactions: Adevem
That's my overnight standby.
What's going on there. I loosing more energy by not using the phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-06-40-16-012_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-06-40-16-012_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Pehaps I'm not using the right term, but I know from other phones I use (Oneplus, Samsung, etc.) that it's like an "ambient display" mode. When you recieve the notification, besides the notification/edge light you get a little message preview. I know some people have security concerns, but you still have the option to hide sensitive notifications, and then it should just show which app is alerting you. I find it very useful since on Xiaomi you can't know which notification you're CURRENTLY getting if you have multiple icons already showing on the AOD.

Sorry about the bad quality of photos, just something I quickly found on the Internet.

Attachments

• maxresdefault~2.jpg
    maxresdefault~2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 144
  • FotoJet-8~2.jpg
    FotoJet-8~2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Love
Reactions: g.tacov and KGVER
For some reason he wants anyone near by to be able to see his message previews all of the time without touching the phone when it's just sitting on the table. Meanwhile privacy conscious users don't even want to show message previews on the lock screen if someone touches their phone. :emoji_sweat_smile:
You can have the option just like hiding sensitive notifications on the lockscreen. But the point is knowing which app is sending the current notification, as opposed to viewing a bunch of icons which may be from an older notification. I mean I know people who don't even use AOD at all, but I also know a lot of them who would love to have this option. :)

Reactions: g.tacov and KGVER
Is no one experiencing the same? )Xiaomi 12X)
I am on Mi11le Lisa, standby drain is the same. clearing Play services cache and data helps for some time. But after a while the drain will be back. Could be placebo though. Maybe battery backup on Lisa just isnt that great.

Pehaps I'm not using the right term, but I know from other phones I use (Oneplus, Samsung, etc.) that it's like an "ambient display" mode. When you recieve the notification, besides the notification/edge light you get a little message preview. I know some people have security concerns, but you still have the option to hide sensitive notifications, and then it should just show which app is alerting you. I find it very useful since on Xiaomi you can't know which notification you're CURRENTLY getting if you have multiple icons already showing on the AOD.

Sorry about the bad quality of photos, just something I quickly found on the Internet.
Not something that can be easily done without making an entirely different AOD screen.

@Igor Eisberg The only thing that its "definitely essential" is to see the notification message from Instagram or Viber , from the notifications.. I mean the -- whole message -- like ipho.nes do from their notifications system (ios) ... hahahah:p

Consider it DEVS , we will eventually can hide the "seen" from Messenger, Instagram. We will view the whole message only by clicking the "arrow" to show more on this message at notifications.

Attachments

• 1678888824994.jpg
    1678888824994.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.