MIUI 14 23.9.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tania.......One questione......of i use gmail and no stock email Is It Better e ti deactivate stock app or not?also scanner etccccc
One thing is using GMail account (you need for Google Playstore, YouTube app,Find My Device, etc) and the other is to use or not GMail app

You may not use your Gmail address for mail communication, or you may read/write with your gmails via browser. Or you may download and use 3rd party mailing apps like Blue Mail (and use it for also instead of Outlook for your Office365 mail account and other mail accounts)

It's all about your preferences. Like which browser would you use, Chrome, Edge, Firefox or who knows. Or like blue or red sofa in the room - it's not like, what is better

Mi account - up to you, do you want to use their cloud for backups and their protection (in case the phone is stolen a thief cannot unlock if you had properly set pin/fingerprint, hence a thief may attempt to factory reset or flash a ROM, but MIUI would not allow to activate the ROM without a password from the previously configured MI account on the phone - some have troubles with if they forgot their Mi account password in the meantime)

Eg, I use two Gmail accounts (both for communication but I can also switch which of them to use in Playstore, YouTube, Chrome, etc). And I always use Mi account on MIUI ROMs. But I always uninstall (if possible, or disable or debloat) Gmail, stock Email or other mail apps and install the ones I prefer (traditionally Blue Mail for gmail and my private mail addresses - but nowadays there might be other and better clients, and Outlook for my office account)

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Hello everyone, I currently use eu 14.0.18.0 stable, can I update to 14.0.23.9.18 dev via fastboot without losing data? Phone: Redmi k60.

Hi there,

Trying to install this on my mi 11 Pro (fantastic device ; pity the updates are dropped)...
But after like 20 seconds, I get red messages saying that some partitions could not be mounted.

Maybe I should upgrade from something specific ?

Right now I am using a custom ROM called Evolution X, but would maybe like to go back to MIUI/xiaomi.eu soon.
So if you can help me out about those weird messages I'd be eternally grateful.

Regards

Noob question here: I just unlocked the bootloader, and want to install the latest weekly (this one) on mondrian. Can I just install TWRP via fastboot and then this weekly vie TWRP? Or do I need to install the first xiaomi.eu rom via fastboot and PC?

Thanks for all your work Devs. I'm currently on latest stable release, about to flash this weekly. Are there any plans to incorporate Taplus in any versions? I installed the apk from the web and it shows up in additional settings but it doesn't work (I'm guessing it's missing some dependencies). If not, are they're any alternatives that I can install to get similar features to Taplus? I've come from a Pixel 7 to a 13 Ultra (Ishtar) and I do miss the ability to swipe up to recents and select text from the screen to translate or copy etc. I have to screenshot things and then go to gallery and use Google lens at the moment. Not the end of the world but considerably slower than Google's Select and Taplus feature.

Sometimes I can't dial a number from the contact list because it's jumbles the number even if the contact was saved correctly. Same with the sms app.
When I try to send an sms and chose the number from the saved contracts sometimes the phone number is wrong so I need manually type the number instead of choose the bubble.

Also the 20% battery popup half translated to Hungarian. First button says "I got it" in English the second "turn on battery saver" in hungarian correctly. Also some missed translated lines in the wake up timer.
(I don't know if I should write this down here or on the translation developer guide)
451e02160589718003acf718f89e8238.jpg
251d0e691819f9ba282392355a4f8f2b.jpg

Mi 12T Pro.

Noob question here: I just unlocked the bootloader, and want to install the latest weekly (this one) on mondrian. Can I just install TWRP via fastboot and then this weekly vie TWRP? Or do I need to install the first xiaomi.eu rom via fastboot and PC?
Whenever the Xiaomi.eu ROM is hybrid (check table in the post #1, find your device), install the ROM by Fastboot (first install script - to include formatting), and ROM will install TWRP for its future upgrades

Reactions: katerpanne
Whenever the Xiaomi.eu ROM is hybrid (check table in the post #1, find your device), install the ROM by Fastboot (first install script - to include formatting), and ROM will install TWRP for its future upgrades
Untrue. We don't preinstall a custom recovery for any device that has dedicated recovery partitions.
We only do that if flashing the ROM would overwrite the existing TWRP, which is only when the recovery ramdisk is in boot.img.

• Love
Reactions: KGVER and phoebus89
Untrue. We don't preinstall a custom recovery for any device that has dedicated recovery partitions.
We only do that if flashing the ROM would overwrite the existing TWRP, which is only when the recovery ramdisk is in boot.img.
But to the point of original question. Do I have to install first xiaomi.eu ROM via fastboot? Or can I do it with TWRP?

But to the point of original question. Do I have to install first xiaomi.eu ROM via fastboot? Or can I do it with TWRP?
You can do that either way, but first install requires data format, which is safer using fastboot (depends on the quality of the specific TWRP).

I have a 13 Pro (nuwa) which came unlocked and with the CN global ROM. Because the .eu ROMs are hybrid, how I successfully and easily converted it to the .eu ROM a few weeks ago was:
- first of all install ADB onto my computer;
- use the 'first_install_with_data_format' - Fastboot method - via USB to install the .eu ROM;
- then use Fastboot to install TWRP (Installing a Custom Recovery).
Since then I have been using TWRP to install the updates without any problems - but this is my own preference.
Unless someone says that your 'mondrian' is any different, I see no reason why you cannot successfully do the same ;)

I have a 13 Pro (nuwa) which came unlocked and with the CN global ROM. Because the .eu ROMs are hybrid, how I successfully and easily converted it to the .eu ROM a few weeks ago was:
- first of all install ADB onto my computer;
- use the 'first_install_with_data_format' - Fastboot method - via USB to install the .eu ROM;
- then use Fastboot to install TWRP (Installing a Custom Recovery).
Since then I have been using TWRP to install the updates without any problems - but this is my own preference.
Unless someone says that your 'mondrian' is any different, I see no reason why you cannot successfully do the same ;)
What I've done was unlocked it, installed TWRP and installed last weekly from it. I'm not sure if installing first time with fastboot doesn't do some magic behind the scenes (like partitioning). Hence my question if I didn't shoot myself in the foot :)

What I've done was unlocked it, installed TWRP and installed last weekly from it. I'm not sure if installing first time with fastboot doesn't do some magic behind the scenes (like partitioning). Hence my question if I didn't shoot myself in the foot :)
It depends if you did any preparation (like formatting) before installing with TWRP. I know that in the past some people have got away with not formatting before changing the type of ROM. This was sometimes because they had data / apps / etc that they wanted to keep. I did it my way (as above) - the recommended way - because that is a sure way of preparing for the change in ROM (and there was no data that I wanted to keep anyway).
I'm not sure why you did not want to do the 'first installation' via Fastboot, as is recommended, because it is now all so very simple (credit to the developer techies here!).

Status
Not open for further replies.