Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I just register in this forum just after I saw MIUI v5 for Mi One Series. That's really great news.

I'm using M1S and right now my system configuration is as follow (both systems are running fine independently) :

System 1 : Lennox OS 3.2.26 JB (from MIUI Australia)
System 2: MIUI v4 2.12.21 ICS (from MIUI Australia)

Question : Can I flash this MIUI v5 to System 1 (to replace Lennox OS)? Can I still get the dual boot working fine and both system working fine independently?

Please advise.. Thank you.

Hi guys, thanks for your hard work!

Got a question: after installing an update from the header post I lost MIUI store (both an icon and an app), so is there a way to get it back? (And have both MIUI and Google play stores together again). Or possibly I missed some other update?..
Please advise, thanks in advance :)

Hi guys, thanks for your hard work!

Got a question: after installing an update from the header post I lost MIUI store (both an icon and an app), so is there a way to get it back? (And have both MIUI and Google play stores together again). Or possibly I missed some other update?..
Please advise, thanks in advance :)
We are removing MIUI store...

yeah i came from v4 but it gmail and other stuff didnt work so i had to apply a dirty fix to install the "google play service" files.
Just FC when ever i tried to open them.
So do the newest update that you just posted/uploaded about a hour ago includes the files (google play service files) needed to make google apps works correct out of the box?

Had to use this fix:
http://en.miui.com/thread-2724-1-1.html but since i dont now what it does i sort of wanted a more "clean" version even tho it works now :)
As i said, google service support is in the ROM now.

Thanks,

Mark

Guys.. any advise regarding this??

Hi guys,

I just register in this forum just after I saw MIUI v5 for Mi One Series. That's really great news.

I'm using M1S and right now my system configuration is as follow (both systems are running fine independently) :

System 1 : Lennox OS 3.2.26 JB (from MIUI Australia)
System 2: MIUI v4 2.12.21 ICS (from MIUI Australia)

Question : Can I flash this MIUI v5 to System 1 (to replace Lennox OS)? Can I still get the dual boot working fine and both system working fine independently?

Please advise.. Thank you.

No you cant dualboot v4 and v5... v4 will be unusable after v5 installation...

Hmm.. So I think I'll wait until v5 is stable for daily driver. Right now I'm using v4 for daily driver and it is great.

Do you guys aware of Micha's CWM recovery that allow true dual boot? Can it be the solution to dual boot v4 and v5?
Or is there any other way to do this?

Hmm.. So I think I'll wait until v5 is stable for daily driver. Right now I'm using v4 for daily driver and it is great.

Do you guys aware of Micha's CWM recovery that allow true dual boot? Can it be the solution to dual boot v4 and v5?
Or is there any other way to do this?
You cannot - ever have - v4 and v5 running, that is not the purpose of dual partition in this device.

V5 is pretty stable for the mione and mi-2.

New experimental builds uploaded for:

Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note, Desire Z and Sony Xperia Arc S

We'll bring more devices back as soon as we can :)

I'll wait and seen then :) but I really hope it gets released, as I'm a huge miui fan and have been using it for so long :)

Don't listen to those guys, dual boot works fine on cwm with tdb. :)

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

What a dissapointment for Samsung Galaxy S II users! After a year of being stuck in Android 4.0.3, MIUI decided to use some guy's six month old 4.1.2 cooked rom from XDA, as a base for V5 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.