4.4 Kitkat for MI2a

All working good now! I just did a factory reset and re-installed all my apps. Working really well so far. Antutu score 21,537 :)

I'm sure on the MIUI ROM I was getting around 25,000 Antutu but I'm not really that bothered. Quadrant is only 6,080. I was getting nearer 10,000 on the MIUI ROM but again, I don't really play games on my phone and I'm not sure this is the be all and end all.

Changelog of new update:

2013-11-14
Camera:
1 m 2S 1300W try to fix the camera recognizes abnormal (requires user testing)
2 fixes the camera switches back key failure Gallery
3 Enhanced camera features
4 to solve some cases camera link failure

Sound:
1 repair some cases the sound failures

Storage:
1 part of the solution to mount abnormal circumstances
2 Mount Process Optimization
3 optimized multimedia Scanning SD card, do not scan hidden files such as. Android
4 repair failures when mounting the SD card

Frame:
1 to solve the first reboot some cases a process crash problem
2 fixes m 2A NFC Close abnormal
3 repair m 2C/2SC telecom card signal display abnormal (no service if the boot manually set using 4636 CDMA AUTO)
4 fixes for a particular state phone status abnormal, leading to the collapse of the thread
5 fixes some cases display memory overflow problem
6 new default comes with root privileges management
7 Fix selinux permissions error causing some time to mount a partition fails

Recovery
Fix dual system function, exactly the same as with the old version of the function, support android 4.4 Brush and brush any system backwards compatible.

Reactions: mrkrabs
Thanks for the new update. I had an issue with bluetooth whereby there seemed to be a lot of inteference/crackling etc when playing music over BT headphones. It's fine on stock MIUI though. Cheers.

"5 fixes some cases display memory overflow problem" hmm, I wonder if that's the issue I am dealing with.

This ROM has the same effect on my phone. It suddenly locks up then the screen fades to black. Back to MIUI.

try to set suspension in display option to 15 sec and disable daydream

Is this something you've heard which is a cure? These seem to only really matter when the phone is left and idling prior to a normal pre-sleep. Though I can see how daydream may have an effect during normal usage as it's process may have an issue on our phones. Just damn annoying lol.

Is this something you've heard which is a cure? These seem to only really matter when the phone is left and idling prior to a normal pre-sleep. Though I can see how daydream may have an effect during normal usage as it's process may have an issue on our phones. Just damn annoying lol.

turning off daydream wont make a difference, i remember still getting the problem after turning off daydream.

Here is yet another build of 4.4 I made if anyone is interested. Just a straight build via https://github.com/mitwo-dev

aosp_taurus_kitkat_16Nov2013_thecryof.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!kYhkTQaZ!Jw-61GA3q2eM1NAVxPUohlaJddE0qly_3DYmnsUiN8s

Screenshot_2013-11-16-16-04-27.png

Last edited:
Nice and speedy, just like the other 4.4 builds. Typical of my phone though, it has locked up once so far. I'm monitoring logcat to see if I can spot any weird messages.

Lots of these so far:

E/QMI_FW ( 713): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=0
E/QMI_FW ( 713): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 713): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: Lookup: type=16 instance=2
E/QMI_FW ( 204): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=0
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=0
E/QMI_FW ( 204): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=9

Nice and speedy, just like the other 4.4 builds. Typical of my phone though, it has locked up once so far. I'm monitoring logcat to see if I can spot any weird messages.

Lots of these so far:

E/QMI_FW ( 713): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=0
E/QMI_FW ( 713): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 713): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: Lookup: type=16 instance=2
E/QMI_FW ( 204): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=0
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=0
E/QMI_FW ( 204): QMUXD: Service_id=16 not found over conn_id=9
D/QMI_FW ( 204): QCCI: QMUXD: xport_lookup for service_id=16 on conn_id=9
this is the problem on the signal, low or totally absent, you can fix it?

Odd how the Antutu score with my build is just 18991. Using it for basic things is lightning quick.