4.4 [port] Google Play Edition Xiaomi mi2A

Finding update Package......
Installing update Package.....
Installing update...
Symlink: some symlinks failed

Verstuurd van mijn ME301T met Tapatalk
OK... That's difficult to fix because i can't see what phone do when it install things... :(

Sent from my MI 2s using Tapatalk

same here : set metadata: some changes failed e: error in/ external sd/..............(status7) instalation borted

same here : set metadata: some changes failed e: error in/ external sd/..............(status7) instalation borted
Now metadata.... Odd.. I can't fix that.... :( maybe someone may use aroma file manager and install files manually and upload a cwm backup....

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, there are two problems here, the device freezing which is probably a kernel issue and the errors when flashing this ROM.

Sent from my MI 2A using Tapatalk

Yes, there are two problems here, the device freezing which is probably a kernel issue and the errors when flashing this ROM.

Did u flash the ROM?

Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

It would be great if it didn't, all the other roms have.

Bug: chrome fc, music fx fc, double app camera and gallery, on ivan's 4.4 audio is best, does not turn off nfc

Last edited:
There is a big problem happen to my phone.

When I install GooglePlayEditionTaurus2.2 ROM, The flash failed, so I try to install another ROM : WIUI ROM instead of Restore from the backup. The flash was succesfull but when I reboot, the phone seem to be dead. Cannot power up or recognize in computer, the screen is black.

Could anyone solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

There is a big problem happen to my phone.

When I install GooglePlayEditionTaurus2.2 ROM, The flash failed, so I try to install another ROM : WIUI ROM instead of Restore from the backup. The flash was succesfull but when I reboot, the phone seem to be dead. Cannot power up or recognize in computer, the screen is black.

Could anyone solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need to get your device back to stock. I had a problem with mine and I used this method to return it to stock and after that all was well.

Review this page: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-flashing-rom-using-miflash.19287/

Just be sure you get an Mi2A fastboot package!

As far as i know there is no WIU rom for the MI2A. Ik think you flashed a MI2S rom. That's a totally different device.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 324
Thank you for your guide, But MiFlash cannot recognize my phone, because I can't go to fastboot. My phone totally shutdown, cannot display charging when I plug to computer. By the way, what is the fastboot mode blindly in your post meaning?

What I meant by "fastboot mode blindly" was I managed to get the phone into what seemed like fastboot mode without a display by just normally doing it by pressing the power+vol down buttons as if the phone was working as it should.

My phone did have a line in that window saying COM1 (or similar). I said what the hell and pressed the Flash button and it took a few minutes then it finally said Successful and it booted up.

Other than drivers, I'm not sure how to go about getting the phone to show up in that box at all.

This Rom crashed on Wi-Fi settings. After 3 reboots I lost my Wi-Fi and could not enable it. Phone freezed on it, had to remove battery to restart.

Also very low scores in antutu of only 16000
uploadfromtaptalk1384549562584.jpg

For the moment i'll stick to 4.3.1 rom. Untill now that's the best working rom for me.