Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
[release]4.8.8m[/release]

Xiaomi Hongmi/Redmi NOT 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Xiaomi Redmi Note (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Attention:
We have two kind of MIUI v5 roms for Galaxy S2, HTC One X and Galaxy Note 2.
  • official MIUI roms based on Samsung/HTC firmware Android 4.1.2
  • unofficial MIUI ports based on AOSP/CM Android 4.2.2.
You can use official or ported MIUI.
Be aware that you have to make full wipe in recovery if you're comming from 4.1.2 official to 4.2.2 ported MIUI.
Make sure which rom you are downloading. Android base number is in file name: 4.1 (official) or 4.2 (port).

Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install via OTA or Updater app
Other OFFICIAL devices:
  • Install via OTA or Download and flash Multilang
  • REBOOT
Other UNOFFICIAL devices and PORTS:
  • Download and flash our current Multi language ROM in CWM
  • REBOOT
Nexus 7 and other tablets:
  • Download and flash our current Multi language ROM in CWM
  • REBOOT

Translators:
  • Follow XML changes in Source v5 repo here and Tablets here
  • Our translation guide is here
  • Check for errors in your repo here
Give kudos to your translators. This is a huge group effort and continues to grow bigger.

Languages included in MIUIv5 devices:
Language included in Nexus 7 and other tablets:

Notes:
  • All credits to @Roeano for T9 dialer mod - any issue or request report here
  • Xiaomi M1/S will not get Multilang v5 because of small /system partition.
  • Translators - you can now translate Simple clock widget clock here
  • MIUI Changelog + See CHANGELOG for your language...
  • Xiaomi changed rules for OTA and we cant use our servers anymore.. So we have to use only Xiaomi servers which are really slow.. sorry for that...
  • We have 2 Galaxy S4 roms: jfltexx (port) for GT-I9505 and official ja3g for GT-I9500 variant.
  • Xiaomi NFC MiTag app DOWNLOAD (copy to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--)

Last edited:

Official Xiaomi statement:

MIUIers, we hope to focus on improving MIUI based on Android 4.4 in the future, so we've decided that MIUI V5 update for the following devices will be stopped after MIUI 4.8.8: i9100 / i9300 / MX2 / Note2 / HTC OneX / Find5 / HTC One / Nubia Z5S(mini). It's really a tough decision. If the above devices get Android 4.4 from the original factory in the future, we'll consider supporting them again. Hope you understand. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCJML49
CHANGELOG

[Messaging]
Fix - Sometimes, messages with the same contact were not in the same folder (8-6)

[Mail]
Optimization - Adjusted information order when replying mails (Mi 3 WCDMA/Redmi WCDMA/Redmi 1S WCDMA Global ROMs) (8-5)
Fix - Some IMAP accounts could not sync Sent mails (8-5)
Fix - POP3 accounts did not show mails in Sent box (8-5)
Fix - Keywords were not highlighted when searching local mails (8-5)
Fix - When searching in Drafts, the result would show mails from all folders (8-5)
Fix - Sometimes, it did not respond for a long time when replying or forwarding (8-5)
Fix - App would FC if attachments names had special characters for some POP3 accounts (8-5)

[Security]
Optimization - Added Settings entry for Saver page (8-5)
Optimization - Changed the time to automatically calibrate data usage to the range from 8am to 8pm (8-7)

MIUI-v6.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
MIUIers, we hope to focus on improving MIUI based on Android 4.4 in the future, so we've decided that MIUI V5 update for the following devices will be stopped after MIUI 4.8.8: i9100 / i9300 / MX2 / Note2 / HTC OneX / Find5 / HTC One / Nubia Z5S(mini). It's really a tough decision. If the above devices get Android 4.4 from the original factory in the future, we'll consider supporting them again. Hope you understand. Thanks.
Stopped !!!!!

I really don't understand Why !!!

A lot of this list as already (with stockrom or AOSP) 4.3 or 4.4, i think especially for the HTC One (my phone :) ) officially on 4.4.2 with stockrom and 4.4.4 with AOSP/CM.

I really don't understand why MIUI stuck on 4..1 or 4.2 with some devices when we have official ROM with 4.4.

Can we expect some "Unofficial Port" for this list of device in the future ?)

Reactions: tamil18
I think is still miui5, miui 6 will come in one week or so

I thought that the Mi Pad was shipped with MIUI v6, but maybe that only applies to the original Chinese ROM. As for the MI4, I'm not sure but it's possible that the Chinese ROM version is also MIUI v6.

Update stopped for Note 2?
Samsung released Android 4.4.2 for Note 2 a long time ago, it's been almost 4 months now!
Source: http://www.sammobile.com/2014/04/25...android-4-4-kitkat-update-for-galaxy-note-ii/
Source 2 : http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...roid-4.4-KitKat-update-starting-today_id55523

Please update your database with new Samsung ROM...

I thought that the Mi Pad was shipped with MIUI v6, but maybe that only applies to the original Chinese ROM. As for the MI4, I'm not sure but it's possible that the Chinese ROM version is also MIUI v6.
It was with MIUI Tablet version with codename v6 - just to make different build version from v5. But it's not a true v6.

I wonder why dont you fix something important like video recording sound quality on mi3w that everyone is talking about :(
Nothing fix. Even SIM password change bug is in RedMi1

And Camera apps crash every time you update firmware.

Data usage limit not set in first boot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.