Not open for further replies.
589b5462b0c30e37a6ea53bd1bae931b.jpg

Have you tried to clear apps data?
Post log please

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk
Hello, i clear now and work fine. Thanks

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Portuguese language cant use music again.. Good bye miui.eu
I had the same problem and solved it by cleaning the music APP data. Redmi note 2 portuguese version.

Vai a aplicações instaladas e limpa os dados da aplicação, força paragem e depois arranca a APP de novo. Comigo resultou resultou.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

Updated from 5.10.8 to 5.10.22 (hermes, Redmi Note 2) using Mi Recovery and update.zip, then only wiped cache (no data) and updated without issues, will see how it goes with next version as it will probably start checking signatures, still, it looks like only the 5.10.15 was buggy and anyone who installed it on their way got their recovery messed up.

There are some complaints about vibration "level" and as I can only compare to 5.10.8 then the last one was WAY more "powerful", the current version is very faint, dunno why...

There is also a bug that I saw on 5.10.8 as well and it still exists in latest version. I have Google Now Launcher installed and set as default launcher, when I want to change the wallpaper and go to phone settings sometimes, the wallpaper previews (with icons and so on) does not show and when you want to select the wallpaper the app just moves you back, you cannot confirm new selected wallpaper in ANY way. Only solution I have found, is to disable the default on Google App (yes Google App, not Google Now Launcher as it assigns to it for some odd reason...), tap the "home" icon, open the MiHome launcher and then wallpaper selection is OK. Surprisingly, when I go back to GNL as default I can still change wallpapers but it just "jams" after some time for reason unknown and only above solution allows me to solve this. Quite bizarre.

Another bug, is that Updater app in Polish lacks some translations apparently, there is no info about "Checking" the updates, and the "Check now" button is blank, the translation is missing. I checked the English and it is OK, but Polish is "broken" (app works, only translations are "blank" for those two occurrences). Will report it to translation team...

Best Regards

Edit: Hmm, I wanted to report the translation issue but to be honest I do not know where :p. The link posted in first post returns 404. Anyone knows where or to whom should I report polish translation issues? There is a category on this forum but I do not know if I should post it there?

Last edited:
Updated from 5.10.8 to 5.10.22 (hermes, Redmi Note 2) using Mi Recovery and update.zip, then only wiped cache (no data) and updated without issues, will see how it goes with next version as it will probably start checking signatures, still, it looks like only the 5.10.15 was buggy and anyone who installed it on their way got their recovery messed up.

There are some complaints about vibration "level" and as I can only compare to 5.10.8 then the last one was WAY more "powerful", the current version is very faint, dunno why...

There is also a bug that I saw on 5.10.8 as well and it still exists in latest version. I have Google Now Launcher installed and set as default launcher, when I want to change the wallpaper and go to phone settings sometimes, the wallpaper previews (with icons and so on) does not show and when you want to select the wallpaper the app just moves you back, you cannot confirm new selected wallpaper in ANY way. Only solution I have found, is to disable the default on Google App (yes Google App, not Google Now Launcher as it assigns to it for some odd reason...), tap the "home" icon, open the MiHome launcher and then wallpaper selection is OK. Surprisingly, when I go back to GNL as default I can still change wallpapers but it just "jams" after some time for reason unknown and only above solution allows me to solve this. Quite bizarre.

Another bug, is that Updater app in Polish lacks some translations apparently, there is no info about "Checking" the updates, and the "Check now" button is blank, the translation is missing. I checked the English and it is OK, but Polish is "broken" (app works, only translations are "blank" for those two occurrences). Will report it to translation team...

Best Regards

Edit: Hmm, I wanted to report the translation issue but to be honest I do not know where . The link posted in first post returns 404. Anyone knows where or to whom should I report polish translation issues? There is a category on this forum but I do not know if I should post it there?
Hi. Why did you update using mi recovery and not mi updater? I'm a beginner and I'm trying to understand. Thx

Sent by Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 - Alfio Gardenia

[quote = "foskikaiser92, posta: 260.279, membro: 118.904"]!! livello di vibrazioni è sempre più forte e più forte ..... in questa versione è troppo alto sento la vibrazione del mio telefono cellulare dalle altre camere [/ quote]

17107613_leonardo-di-caprio-nell-adattamento-del-telefilm-uomo-da-sei-milioni-di-dollari-2.jpg

:)
In the precvous weekly vibration was weak but ok for me.
So in this version again full power?

Ps: wow, l uomo bionico!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi. Why did you update using mi recovery and not mi updater? I'm a beginner and I'm trying to understand. Thx

The result is the same. The only difference is MiRecovery installation method always update system 1 only. Updater app installation method always update the opposite (the other) system. The last one is simply and suitable for install weekly updates.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: alfiogardenia
Don't know about you guys but i miss a fundamental function: different volume levels for calls and notifications

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c

Hi.

To be honest, I am "new" too :p, I only have my phone for 2 weeks or so. My first flash was using the MiRecovery (unfortunately, the "original" ROM that phone came with was a bloatware nightmare) but that was pure reflashing, with wiping all other data. I did not know that there is any difference, if "Updater" method is better then I will stick with it with subsequent updates.

@graw2, can you tell me exactly what differences there are, any drawbacks for each method? Is updating using the updater "safer" in any way? Also, what exactly mean other system, I have heard that there are actually 2 systems but do not know how it actually works and what it gives to the user? I would appreciate if you could tell me (us) some more about it.

Best Regards

Reactions: alfiogardenia
Hi.

To be honest, I am "new" too , I only have my phone for 2 weeks or so. My first flash was using the MiRecovery (unfortunately, the "original" ROM that phone came with was a bloatware nightmare) but that was pure reflashing, with wiping all other data. I did not know that there is any difference, if "Updater" method is better then I will stick with it with subsequent updates.

@graw2, can you tell me exactly what differences there are, any drawbacks for each method? Is updating using the updater "safer" in any way? Also, what exactly mean other system, I have heard that there are actually 2 systems but do not know how it actually works and what it gives to the user? I would appreciate if you could tell me (us) some more about it.

Best Regards
New Xiaomi phones don't have dual system. MINote was the last device.

Wysłano z MI Note

Thanks for the info. Problem is that I would like to avoid having a custom recovery. Is there any way I can do the same without flashing a custom recovery?

May I know why do you want to avoid installing custom recovery? With custom recovery you get more useful features. It's non-sense to keep the stock recovery, even you can install the stock ROM from en.miui.com through the custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM, so what is the different does it make?

Reactions: timberwolf60
Give up xposed. It will never work until author fix it. And it won't probably...

Wysłano z MI Note
Yeaj me too. Gave up hope on xposed compatibility and flashed latest firmware. Life has to go on.. Sigh..

In the precvous weekly vibration was weak but ok for me.
So in this version again full power?

Ps: wow, l uomo bionico!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hello Friend.
Mine was a joke, the boy felt vibrating in the other room. And a super man.
Vibration with last rom okay

Nie musisz. Aczkolwiek czemu nie użyjesz romu MIUIPolska? Tam akurat jest to celowe działanie, że ten przycisk jest pusty.

Hi.

To be honest, I am "new" too , I only have my phone for 2 weeks or so. My first flash was using the MiRecovery (unfortunately, the "original" ROM that phone came with was a bloatware nightmare) but that was pure reflashing, with wiping all other data. I did not know that there is any difference, if "Updater" method is better then I will stick with it with subsequent updates.

Best Regards
Dual System feature is a big advantage of Xiaomi phones. It provides secure ROM update procedure, because If something goes wrong after the update (eg. you get a boot loop) you can easily go back to previous system via MiRecovery where the ROM worked fine.
For example if you have 5.10.15 update installed on system 1, and you are installing 5.10.22 update via updater app, it will be installed onto system 2...and so on. So, Updater App always install updates onto the opposing system that is currently not in use.
You can reboot to previous system from MiRecovery.
As Acid said the newest Xiaomi phones don't have this feature...very sad...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.