MULTI 5.12.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same error, install it from recovery and it's ok

Error for me in sms app, crash. Can't open it...
Mi4 7.1.3.0

I bricked my phone :(:(:(

If I install with recovery, in 99% I have "Update failed". And my phone is not boot on any system (1 and 2). Bricked.
Boot only to recovery and fastboot :(

I will try recover phone with miflash.

DON'T INSTALL THIS STABLE VERSION ON MI3.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistrello96
As i said with 5.12.31, dior stable crashes on wizard making it impossible to boot. Mi Cloud fc making wizard boot.

Redmi note 3 works fine. GPS fixed quickly after tweaking a little bit. Stock apps works flawlessly. Love everything.

But after a month using stock rom, I just got used to the font. This ROM's font seems a little bit small and unfamiliar to me. Not a big deal, though.

Ah actually I have a problem. My 4x4 weather widget is suddenly invisible. I can not touch it to get into the app so I can not move it or delete it. I can not add big widget or more than 4 app icon on that page. I can not delete the page because it doesnt show the X button like a blank page does, though it appears to be blank.

I didn't do anything to cause this, and it's not really important to me, but I still hope it would be fixed on the next release.

Thank you all for the amazing work!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: junkname
I download rom short time ago. And rom installed properly from updater on mi3.
Thanx for rebuild.

Hi,

could it be that the OTA update reset the advanced power options of the installed apps?

I had them configured before, but now I found them disabled. Could anyone check and confirm that too.

Furthermore I'm now missing SMS and Mail in those setting's. So no further notifications for these apps.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2

I'am a bit confused about this version it's the stable so if i'am on the weekly I must wipe data right ? or it's like the weekly just upgrade and it's done ?

NB : Nvm need to do a data wipe :|

The backup from the weekly rom that i made for example now would it work if I restore on the stable rom ?

Sorry for noob question!
Whats different for stable to dev rom?
Google apps, root, apps, transparent status bar, icons...... Etc

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I do not really understand the lot of excitements for stable releases, because stable ROM is just an accumulated release of previous developer releases without root option, and without weekly updates. So, imo it is one step back, but up to you guys...

I do not really understand the lot of excitements for stable releases, because stable ROM is just an accumulated release of previous developer releases without root option, and without weekly updates. So, imo it is one step back, but up to you guys...

My 5 cents are given below...

Sorry for noob question!
Whats different for stable to dev rom?
Google apps, root, apps, transparent status bar, icons...... Etc

Every new function, every new feature that comes up to the phone is first thrown to the development versions. The features might be buggy, or might introduce other issues (regression bugs), or might be dropped.

Fixes for various problems are tested. Some "fixes" actually break things. Like losing suddenly your google account. Development versions are the testing ground for the MIUI firmware.

The stable versions contain all those fixes and features that have been mature: they do not present any problems (well, most of the cases). Plus, to improve stability, stable versions come without root capabilities, whereas development versions come pre-rooted.

So, if you want to fiddle with your phone and consider yourself a cutting edge user, use a development version. You might have to spend some time troubleshooting though, be prepared for that.

I always prefer stable versions. There are very rare cases whereas I would go for a development version.

@ingbrzy : assuming one has an unlocked and rooted Note 3, can one install a xiaomi.eu firmware via flashify (as on the Mi4c for example), without installing TWRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.