MULTI 5.4.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: on this Redmi 2, I can see there are again a lot of installed Chinese applications. Is it possible for the xiaomi.eu future firmwares to delete them or block their installation? I had the exact same problem on a Redmi Note 4G (single-SIM), see the following post that includes screenshots of the issue: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-4-3.27411/page-2#post-243503

Steps to reproduce issue on Redmi Note 4G (single-sim): http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-4-3.27411/page-3#post-243534

In the MIUIv5 firmware there was no Chinese app left (IIRC). Your firmwares left absolutely nothing at all! Perfect in all respects.

Please do consider eresing these apps automatically during installation of your firmware. I'll be happy to test and report (at least on my son's Redmi Note 4G).

please help me!
I can not use here map nokia, mi2s 5.4.10

everything else works

HERE Nokia app works perfectly on Mi2S MIUIv6 L

Try again after full wipe...

Last edited:
That you for your great job. After update I hope bluetooth multimedia will have better stability,. Unfortunately the problem with here navigation is again existing in this version
112e5566389ee1be4b404489e8c28aeb.jpg

Also translation pb still existing but sound now seems to be working
0e68e517871e34913a930726c6d88661.jpg

I have the very same problem (Nokia Here Maps error 505 in google play). I found that is a know issue of lollipop 5.0x related to duplicated permissions. Issue has been solved by google in stock lollopop 5.1 .

I hope we will find soon at least a workaround.
Have you solved in the meantime?

Goll

Nokia HERE perfectly working together with MIUIv6-Lollipop. I am using this app every day. Please find screenshot attached.
You just did not make full wipe after install 5.4.10 release, this is the reason why you have got problem.

uploadfromtaptalk1429092068135.png

Sent from Xiaomi Mi2S [MIUIv6-5.0] using Tapatalk

Nokia HERE perfectly working together with MIUIv6-Lollipop. I am using it every day. Please find screenshot attached. View attachment 9813

Sent from Xiaomi Mi2S [MIUIv6-5.0] using Tapatalk

I believe you :D
My problem was that I had Here maps before the upgrade to lollipop. After upgrade nokia was not installed anymore so when I try to install it via google play or via apk I get 505 error during installation.
Here says error is related to permissions
https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1668

So in my case I think the issue is due to a permission conflict with some other installed application..but I'm not a dev..it's just my idea..

Hello,
MIUI has come back with wake up lock screen notifications, I know that there isn’t option/switch to disable it, but every time that syncing emails accounts, contacts, cloud archives… screen wake up too, It is very annoying, is there any way to avoid it?, thanks.

I believe you :D
My problem was that I had Here maps before the upgrade to lollipop. After upgrade nokia was not installed anymore so when I try to install it via google play or via apk I get 505 error during installation.
Here says error is related to permissions
https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1668

So in my case I think the issue is due to a permission conflict with some other installed application..but I'm not a dev..it's just my idea..

Some users have had same issue with HERE but after make full wipe (wipe all data & apps) the problem has solved. In my opinion the users who have made full wipe after install 5.4.10 those have more less problems...you should do it only 1 time for first installation and reinstall apps from Google Play.

Reactions: Gollum82
Hello riccardo,
Here is how to do it, if someone think that something is wrong please tell it as soon as possible.
For first installation of Mi2S v6 Android 5.0
- You have to be on latest 4.12.5 MIUIv5 or 5.3.27 MIUIv6 Special Edition
Go to the update blue arrow icon on your telephone and download the 5.4.10 ARIES, link on first page of this thread. Afterwards in that same update app push on the 3 small points up right ans select recovery. It reboots, select wipe all with volume button + or -, then push button on/off to start, then install the downloaded firmware via Updater app(blue icon) like usually.

- Wipe all user data in recovery or via settings highly recommended!
Enjoy !

thanks for your reply, handyandy.
i assume that wiping will erase all user data stored in the device (contacts, phonenumbers, calendar, etc.). what action should i take in order to save this data first? what tool would you recommend?
and will the wipe affect also apps i've downloaded until now? in this case, will i have to download them all again one by one?
if you don't mind, i'll come back with other questions. hope this can be useful for other users, too.

many thanks, ciao.

thanks for your reply, handyandy.
i assume that wiping will erase all user data stored in the device (contacts, phonenumbers, calendar, etc.). what action should i take in order to save this data first? what tool would you recommend?
and will the wipe affect also apps i've downloaded until now? in this case, will i have to download them all again one by one?
if you don't mind, i'll come back with other questions. hope this can be useful for other users, too.

many thanks, ciao.
Hi Riccardo,
All your data can be saved with your Mi account. I just had to reinstall OneDrive that couldn't be installed at first (wrong) update. I was surprised, because I'm a beginner too. It needed some loging and paswords for app. My text messages were lost, probably because they were not saved.

I have a little thing with my mi2s and the latest Rom. When someone calls me it takes two secs for the mic to open. Any ideas?

Guys, i got the mi2s, and the version i have installed is 5.4.10, but it's the official, chinese/english version, i downloaded the multilanguage, but whenever i try to install via updater, it gives me the error (can't update, something went wrong. touch OK to report this error). Am i doing anything wrong?

Guys, i got the mi2s, and the version i have installed is 5.4.10, but it's the official, chinese/english version, i downloaded the multilanguage, but whenever i try to install via updater, it gives me the error (can't update, something went wrong. touch OK to report this error). Am i doing anything wrong?
press report and paste it here...

~Tapatalk~

Mi2 here with 2 errors. Missed calls don't appear even after flicking the LED switch. It did work for about a day.

Also, since a couple of days the play store gives error 492 on app install. Already tried the basics like reinstall the store and clearing phone cache.

I hope both errors get taken into the next update.

Some roms ago there was a recording problem coz of the noise, now I record voice messages in whatsapp and the sound with low pitch, like drunk. Any ideas?

Thx

Dear members of this forum, i need your help and also it would be very usefull for everyone to know how to revert back to 4.12.5 or older roms after upgrading to 5.4.10? And how to do it if it's even possible? Please guide through this process, maybe with links and manuals.. Thank you very much!

Dear members of this forum, i need your help and also it would be very usefull for everyone to know how to revert back to 4.12.5 or older roms after upgrading to 5.4.10? And how to do it if it's even possible? Please guide through this process, maybe with links and manuals.. Thank you very much!
Download the rom you prefer, in recovery wipe all and install

- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually
Hello riccardo,
Here is how to do it, if someone think that something is wrong please tell it as soon as possible.
Go to the update blue arrow icon on your telephone and download the 5.4.10 ARIES, link on first page of this thread. Afterwards in that same update app push on the 3 small points up right ans select recovery. It reboots, select wipe all with volume button + or -, then push button on/off to start, then install the downloaded firmware via Updater app(blue icon) like usually.
- Wipe all user data in recovery or via settings highly recommended!Enjoy !
Some users have had same issue with HERE but after make full wipe (wipe all data & apps) the problem has solved. In my opinion the users who have made full wipe after install 5.4.10 those have more less problems...you should do it only 1 time for first installation and reinstall apps from Google Play.
I was using 5.3.27 MIUIv6 Special Edition. I updated to 5.4.2 via Updater experiencing all issues of Google Play services, Google Play, Gmail and "Unknown number". I have flashed a second time the way @graw2 stated it here: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-4-3.27411/page-4#post-243581 and after the update to 5.4.10 the problem was still present.
From this point onwards yesterday I wiped all user data via Settings ==> Additional settings ==> Backup & reset ==> Factory data reset ==> Erase app (without Erase USB storage)==> Reset phone.

New problems appeared like Google Play FC.
So I wiped all user data via the recovery but the "Unknown number" issue is present and there is no syncing of the Call log (last syncing was on 05.04.2015) and SMS log (last syncing was on 14.04.2015) after signing in Mi Account.
I have one more opportunity: Flashing fastboot 5.3.27 MIUIv6 Special EditionROM or even a fastboot MIUIv5 ROM (I have several fastboot MIUIv5 ROMs-developer and stable too and updating via Updater to 4.12.5MIUIv5-either the Chinese or the Multilang developer ROM, I have them all) and then:
- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually
So I have a question: Which is the right moment for a full wipe (wipe all data & apps), before or after installing 5.4.10?

Hi Krassiy.

if you like to use MiFlash and Fastboot, use the latest fastboot package of 5.4.10 MIUIv6-L 5.0 and Latest MiFlash tool (20141107) from here (both of them already released):

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Choose them from site above:

- MiFlash Tool: Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool (Size:26M, 29bc366214a42a048e6a7cfb1ca9cc25)
- Fastboot package: Xiaomi Mi 2/2S Latest Developer Version Fastboot File Download

Select for fastboot script: all_wipe.bat file (it will perfectly clean everything from your phone)

And finally install the multilang vesrion of miui 5.4.10 via updater app or via MiRecovery. If you make full wipe before and after install the multilang version, you cannot make mistake ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: krassiy
With this update, my battery is not lasting anything. This ending very fast. More someone is noticing this?

Mi2S
Android: 5.0.2

Reactions: Gollum82
I am trying to uninstall mikey app from Redmi 1S miui v6 beta/developer rom but without success. Is there a bug or a workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.