MULTI 5.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
- FM radio doesn't sound without headphones, didn't try with headphones.
- callX doesn't record outgoing calls, only incoming calls.
- USSD definitely not working.
- sometimes when manually enter number for dialing it just erase number and not call. No problem when choosing number from phonebook.
- BT issue
- can't add a new APN
- still have got problem with gmail sync, not always but problem is there
IMHO, this rom should not be published. It is in alpha stage and not suitable for daily use.
Considering that this is early beta release of Android 5.0 based MIUI, I think it is more than good performance! I am using this ROM every day and I can say there is no any major issue. Anyway everyone should be aware that beta (developer) releases may contain bugs. So if you have decided to install it do not be surprised if you encounter some problems.

Reactions: krassiy
I just updated my Mi2S from 5.3.27 to the 5.4.2 v5.0 version and (luckily) had no issues whatsoever. Google apps seem to work fine

New bug found on Aries (Mi2S): Debug USB not working.
I activate Debug USB in developer settings, then connect with USB cable to PC (with correct driver installed for MiFlash) but the classic Debug USB notification doesn't show up. ADB can't find the device.

Hongmi 1 WCDMA, TWRP, MTK rom edit -> max DATA partition, min internal storage (16MB)

Finnaly I flashed MIUI v6 5.4.2 , everything works fine (except screenshot, no room) but can't restore miui v5 backup from external SD card.
Can you add this option into miui backup ? (I don't speak about kitkat write ext SD limitation)
Any idea for restore from v5 ?

Considering that this is early beta release of Android 5.0 based MIUI, I think it is more than good performance! I am using this ROM every day and I can say there is no any major issue. Anyway everyone should be aware that beta (developer) releases may contain bugs. So if you have decided to install it do not be surprised if you encounter some problems.

I am not complained about performance, this rom has got potential to be better than predecessor.

If ussd not working how to check my remaining balance?
It is not a big deal, who cares about remaining balance when you can pay for additional voice or data package. :)
BT has issue and I can not use it in my car.
It is not a big deal because nobody have to drive and talking. :)
etc

Anyway everyone should be informed that rom is in early beta stage and may contain lot of bugs.
Some bugs are really annoying for me.

Hi ingbrzy and team,

Thanks a lot for this release. About a month ago I went from Android 4.2 to 4.4 and now I installed 5.0 on my Xiaomi Mi2, so I believe I can provide valuable feedback. I only hope it won't get lost :)

- Lockscreen bug: When I lock my screen and hit any of the bottom buttons right afterwards (which happens almost always when I'm putting my phone on a table), it gets unlocked.

- The battery life is now significantly worse.

- Storage issues: I had ~500MB on the data partition after the update to 5.0, but something started to "eat" the free space afterwards. Suddenly I had about 250MB of free space and I was not able to update Google Play Services. So I uninstalled Facebook (200MB app+data) and achieved ~450MB of free space. Then it dropped again during a night to 150MB. I uninstalled some other apps to achieve 368MB (>10% of the total internal space) free space to be at least able to refresh a list of emails in the Email and Gmail apps. Please note that I'm sharing this after a I made sure that it is not me or any app causing this. I'm clearing my cache (not only in browsers, the cache as a whole), there is no growth of data being used by the applications, nothing easily to be spotted. But still I lost about 500MB of free space with no new apps installed. Did something change in 5.0 that may have caused this? Currently my data partition consists of app (1208MB), dalvik-cache (arm-1106MB), data (437MB), app-lib (228MB), miui (93MB), System data (65MB) + free space is 368MB (3503MB in total).

- Downloads & Data usage: Although I have the download limit set to "Unlimited", I'm not able to download large files via mobile data since 4.4 and I was daily bothered with Data usage (so I froze the Data usage app via TB today). Is this a common issue?

+ Finally my widgets (like my clock) are not being stopped anymore as it was happening on 4.4 (even if I had them 'locked' to not to kill them they stopped working multiple times per a day out of a sudden)

PS: It would be good to be able allow to install new apps etc. when the remaining storage is below 10% (e.g. to set the limit to 5%) - is that possible? I believe that on Xiaomi Mi2 32GB with 3,7GB data partition it would be welcomed.

PSS: I had an issue with Google Play Services - after the update I was not able to use apps like Gmail or hangouts (the error message said that there is some unknown issue with Google Play Services). What helped was to remove the Google account and to add it again.

Can the Virgo rom also be used on the Mi Note Pro with (yes, the brand new Xiaomi phone)? My colleague bought one this weekend in China and I want to help her with an International ROM.

Never mind, we think it is the 3GB Mi Note. That is indeed the Virgo.

Last edited:
Can the Virgo rom also be used on the Mi Note Pro with (yes, the brand new Xiaomi phone)? My colleague bought one this weekend in China and I want to help her with an International ROM.
MiNote PRO is released?

~Tapatalk~

I am not complained about performance, this rom has got potential to be better than predecessor.

If ussd not working how to check my remaining balance?
It is not a big deal, who cares about remaining balance when you can pay for additional voice or data package. :)
BT has issue and I can not use it in my car.
It is not a big deal because nobody have to drive and talking. :)
etc

Anyway everyone should be informed that rom is in early beta stage and may contain lot of bugs.
Some bugs are really annoying for me.

I meant "performance" of Xiaomi.eu team! They have had only 2 days for release international version of MIUIv6-5.0

Hello,

I updated my Redmi 1W MTK from multilang stable 17 to multilang 5.4.2 (v6), I did wipe data / factory reset, but I can't set anything requesting keyboard, because everytime I have to type something, MIUI keeps telling me thet Google Keyboard has stopped ... report MIUI. Any sollution? Thanks

Last edited:
I have the Mi2s (with new lollipop rom released in this 3d) and I can confirm most of the bugs reported, in addition:

battery drain too fast issiu
delay in clean recent app issiu
tv effect when screen going off no longer there
some FC of camera (heppen 1 time)
BT trasitting media sometimes fail or give some distortion sounds (like speed transmission problem)
some lag when operating the phone

I did not use the installation suggested by some users, I just simply updated from previous rom via updater.

on the other side, very fast rom! Antutu now score 33023!!!

Hope tomorrow most of the bugs will be solved

I have the Mi2s (with new lollipop rom released in this 3d) and I can confirm most of the bugs reported, in addition:

battery drain too fast issiu
delay in clean recent app issiu
tv effect when screen going off no longer there
some FC of camera (heppen 1 time)
BT trasitting media sometimes fail or give some distortion sounds (like speed transmission problem)
some lag when operating the phone

I did not use the installation suggested by some users, I just simply updated from previous rom via updater.

on the other side, very fast rom! Antutu now score 33023!!!

Hope tomorrow most of the bugs will be solved

- Battery consumption with KK based MIUI6 was incredible good. There is no other ROM that could be so good so far.
- Yes, there is massive delay when tap to clear recent apps from memory - It annoys me too.
- There is no CRT off animation effect anymore - It cause faster reaction time when push the power button to turn off the screen. So, It is like me!
- I have no any FC regarding Camera. Only problem is you cannot take higher resolution picture than 1920x1080 pixels in 16:9 full screen mode.
- There is FC also when you try to select mobile network provider manually if DATA enabled.

Not too much bugs, all of them Xiaomi issue.

100% AGREED , this is the PROCEDURE for a perfect installation and move from Miui 6 Android 4 up to Android 5
I don't know how to use Miflash tool, so I installed first 5.3.27, updated google play then went for 5.4.2.
Up to now it seems everything is working, the only problem is I can't reinstall Onedrive, come with 505 error. Any idea ?

It's maybe normal to get all of those helps and update but I want to say THANK YOU to all the people working hard to have a still state of the art working device. Once again: THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I don't know how to use Miflash tool, so I installed first 5.3.27, updated google play then went for 5.4.2.
Up to now it seems everything is working, the only problem is I can't reinstall Onedrive, come with 505 error. Any idea ?

It is compatibility issue with Lollipop.

Hello,

I updated my Redmi 1W MTK from multilang stable 17 to multilang 5.4.2 (v6), I did wipe data / factory reset, but I can't set anything requesting keyboard, because everytime I have to type something, MIUI keeps telling me thet Google Keyboard has stopped ... report MIUI. Any sollution? Thanks
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.