MULTI 5.8.13 - Miui 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matters? It will be here when it's done.

Wysłano z MI Note

Reactions: laueugen
Hi everybody, I have a Mi2S with CWM recovery 6.0.5.0, true dual boot enabled and I use sMiui as daily rom.
How do I have to proceed in order to install the new Miui 7 rom? BTW, can I install this rom with tdb enabled?

Thanks,
Alberto

Dear admins and stuff members. I would like to know the following, and maybe you guys will take the time to answer: You all seem to be mature coders with a very good android background and you all seem to be competent too. So, my question would be why do you guys care about the MIUI system? No offense, i just would like to understand.
Because as i see it, Xiaomi isn't a very grateful (maybe i'm wrong, it's just what i feel) company at all - at least to the extern members of the community that supports countries that Xiaomi doesn't officially support. Also the decisions taken in regards to the software are sometimes hard to understand (to say it friendly). And as i understand it, none of you gets paid for this work.
Is it the UI that you guys like? The hardware? Why are you doing what you do? :)

Thanks and you all have my respect for what you are doing

EDIT: Also sometimes i have the feeling that most of the community are preteen kids that often don't understand why decisions are taken - which can be pretty exhausting i can imagine...
Nothing agains the community, just what i personally feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_maker and Alfio
Dear admins and stuff members. I would like to know the following, and maybe you guys will take the time to answer: You all seem to be mature coders with a very good android background and you all seem to be competent too. So, my question would be why do you guys care about the MIUI system? No offense, i just would like to understand.
Because as i see it, Xiaomi isn't a very grateful (maybe i'm wrong, it's just what i feel) company at all - at least to the extern members of the community that supports countries that Xiaomi doesn't officially support. Also the decisions taken in regards to the software are sometimes hard to understand (to say it friendly). And as i understand it, none of you gets paid for this work.
Is it the UI that you guys like? The hardware? Why are you doing what you do? :)

Thanks and you all have my respect for that you are doing

EDIT: Also sometimes i have the feeling that most of the community are preteen kids that often don't understand why decisions are taken - which can be pretty exhausting i can imagine...
its what love is about...

Thanks and you all have my respect for what you are doing

I think it's pretty much by the same reason you are here

I see most of the posters are avid persons always waiting to try the last version of stuff...

Me, I just want a stable device, bug free... Don't care if it's the last version or not, and I frequently skip versions and don't update it at all.

So from my point of view, you can take all the time you need to do things right, and I won't be upgrading right away when it's out, anyway.

My only small regret is having a 64bit device that isn't getting Lollipop... But even that is excusable, since the device behaves nice without it.

Keep up the good work.

every hour, check ... and nothing ...
this curiosity ✌

Trimis de pe al meu MI 3W folosind Tapatalk

Destiny :)) maybe...
You can ask yourself "Why am I fall in love with this woman?" also.

There was never a case where i could not answer this question. I know why i love. And i would "love" to hear the answer to my question but i don't mind not getting one :D

I think everything will stay the same even MIUI is upgraded to v8. Mi3, Mi4 with KitKat. Minote and minote pro maybe get Lollipop after Android M is release. Simply, that's Xiaomi strategy.

I think everything will stay the same even MIUI is upgraded to v8. Mi3, Mi4 with KitKat. Minote and minote pro maybe get Lollipop after Android M is release. Simply, that's Xiaomi strategy.
MIUI ROM for Mi Note Pro is already based on Lollipop.
Xiaomi's strategy seems not based on Android versions, but on MIUI-specific features.

Reactions: vainroma
Due to serious bugs caused by Xiaomi not following android standards, we are not able to recompile apks correctly yet... so we decided to skip 5.8.13 release and work on updating of our tools to support new MIUI godzilla layout....

Due to serious bugs caused by Xiaomi not following android standards, we are not able to recompile apks correctly yet... so we decided to skip 5.8.13 release and work on updating in our tools to support new MIUI godzilla layout....

I understand. I hope it will be successful! My question is: if I download (chinese) rom from official miui.com site, that ROM will work good or have many bugs? That ROM contains only chinese and english language, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.