MULTI 5.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one having the message asking to log into the mi account everytime opening the message app.... Even if u logged into it already? On Mi Note?
I have noticed that some of the new features will not work unless you log into your Mi account and sync, e.g. the 5 second movie on the contacts.
Are Xiaomi (or maybe someone else) really that desperate to have our contacts list information?

I think that as long as the phone is covered (or I should say the proximity sensor) it will prevent you from touching the screen... with the exception of during call...
No, that's what I was trying to explain - in my case, covering the proximity sensor only prevents using the screen when in lockscreen (and during calls, of course);
If I cover the sensor with unlocked screen, I can interact with the screen normally (I think it shouldn't be like that, so that one can put the phone in its pocket without locking it, and be safe that it won't activate anything).

I have noticed that some of the new features will not work unless you log into your Mi account and sync, e.g. the 5 second movie on the contacts.
Are Xiaomi (or maybe someone else) really that desperate to have our contacts list information?
Yes, it's like you describe (it's well explained on links posted on the first post, I think).
Anyway, not a function that I care (none of my Contacts has a Xiaomi phone, lol)

I have a redmi note 2 and i find that some apps, like gmail or whatsapp, look huge. Could there be anything wrong with the resolution or something to configure ?

xiaomi redmi note 2, sometimes when i get a call phone starts ringing but display stays off and i got to press button to turn it on and and answer the call, i specify it happens only randomly not always but still annoying, anyone with same problem?
You have to calibrate the proximity sensor. I dont know why, but sometimes it gets corrupted data when fleshing...

Go to Dialer and dial: *#*#miui#*#* (6484), and from the menu, choose proximity.. Put the phone face up, do not put anything above it, only the ceiling :) , and press calibrate.. It will change the value.
Just get out of there and test it.. It should be ok..

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro

Reactions: Santobs
One other bug I noticed is that DND function doesn't quiets WhatsApp notifications, the phone rings when messages come.

Go to Dialer and dial: *#*#miui#*#* (6484), and from the menu, choose proximity..
Speaking about the engineering mode:
On my Redmi 2 2GB, in engineering mode, the led test only tests 3 colors (red, green and blue)... That must be why only those colors work on my device, even if I choose one of the other colors in the settings (which blink correctly when I choose them).

Speaking about the engineering mode:
On my Redmi 2 2GB, in engineering mode, the led test only tests 3 colors (red, green and blue)... That must be why only those colors work on my device, even if I choose one of the other colors in the settings (which blink correctly when I choose them).
Could be, i did not test Redmi 2 at all.. But its a hardware limitation then in any case.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro

Could be, i did not test Redmi 2 at all.. But its a hardware limitation then in any case.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro
Humm.... Don't think its hardware in my case, since all colors blink correctly when chosen on settings...
My bet goes into wrong embedded code.

Humm.... Don't think its hardware in my case, since all colors blink correctly when chosen on settings...
My bet goes into wrong embedded code.
Maybe, as i said did not test redmi 2. Its also a possibility to have the code wrong, since many times even the phone can not enter test mode :)

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro

Now I receive notifications at night while they were blocked before after 23:00. It is mormal or not?
thank you

Last edited:
After flashing the newest weekly ROM on my Note 2 i cant create any folder on my sd card anymore. Im sure that worked before because i moved the downloaded rom onto my sd card. Solid Explorer sais "Error Requested file was not found. Path: /storage/sdcard1" and RootExplorer just crashes when creating an folder. Both have root permission.

@ingbrzy / @Acid : I am trying to implement the hack described here, in order to solve a problem with being heard with a low volume, as described here.

However, I am using a stable xiaomi.eu firmware for the HM2014813 that has the issue, specifically version xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014813_V6.6.3.0.KHJCNCF_v6-4.4.zip. Being a stable firmware I need root access to implement the hack discussed in my previous paragraph. Which would be the least intrusive way to root the phone?

Flashing with a weekly firmware would offer root, however that would mean I would have to reinstall, correct?

Which way would you go about it?

@ingbrzy / @Acid : I am trying to implement the hack described here, in order to solve a problem with being heard with a low volume, as described here.

However, I am using a stable xiaomi.eu firmware for the HM2014813 that has the issue, specifically version xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014813_V6.6.3.0.KHJCNCF_v6-4.4.zip. Being a stable firmware I need root access to implement the hack discussed in my previous paragraph. Which would be the least intrusive way to root the phone?

Flashing with a weekly firmware would offer root, however that would mean I would have to reinstall, correct?

Which way would you go about it?
you can edit that directly in zip file via winrar... then install it...

@ingbrzy: on redmi 1w I can't set any permission for any application. On mi2s I don't have this problem
uploadfromtaptalk1441716974244.png

Tapatalk

You have to calibrate the proximity sensor. I dont know why, but sometimes it gets corrupted data when fleshing...

Go to Dialer and dial: *#*#miui#*#* (6484), and from the menu, choose proximity.. Put the phone face up, do not put anything above it, only the ceiling :) , and press calibrate.. It will change the value.
Just get out of there and test it.. It should be ok..

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro
i did this thanks, anyway it still happens sometimes i press unlock button and the screen doesnt start remains black, after i wait and press and it works but i dont get why he misses it sometimes, i pressed calibration and it got a value but still some problem

Resctriction do not work with this latest update. I receive private calls, private messages.

Last edited:
someone tried to use a mikey? There is a companion who says that does not work, you can just pause the music ...

Edit; in redmi note 2

you can edit that directly in zip file via winrar... then install it...
Christ, is it that simple?! Don't these zip files have to be signed or something?

It should be easy, but for the heck of it do you have any sample zip file I could use as an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.