MULTI 5.9.17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updated! This is my first update task wthin the Android/Miui world, just switched from IOS to Android with a new Redmi Note 2 Prime. Im used to flashing stuff on phones for i´ve been jailbreaking iphones since they where born but lastly i got totally tired of Apple limitations and decided to migrate to Android.

Have been enjoying Miui so far, its a new light at the end of the tunel in every way.

Thanks for all your efforts to offer us with a better product every week. I have been reading you for a while, prior to buying the Note 2 Prime, so i think im familiarized with all the ROM flashing stuff.

Just updated to the new 5.9.18 and my phone has not exploited so everything must be just fine.

I have only one small question regarding auto OTA updates.

Are OTA updates availbale for Note 2 Prime via updater app or similar app?

When i use updater app and hit "get new updates" it tells me there are no updates available (previous version installed was 5.9.11 weekly), so i just downloaded the corresponding hermes zip file on my phone, renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root using a file manager and hit the "updated using file" within the updater app options and everything went just fine.

Question again is, is there any way to get OTA to work so we can automate all the process?

Thanks again for all your work!
Cheers from spain.

Reactions: Sinja
Thanks for the updated! This is my first update task wthin the Android/Miui world, just switched from IOS to Android with a new Redmi Note 2 Prime. Im used to flashing stuff on phones for i´ve been jailbreaking iphones since they where born but lastly i got totally tired of Apple limitations and decided to migrate to Android.

Have been enjoying Miui so far, its a new light at the end of the tunel in every way.

Thanks for all your efforts to offer us with a better product every week. I have been reading you for a while, prior to buying the Note 2 Prime, so i think im familiarized with all the ROM flashing stuff.

Just updated to the new 5.9.18 and my phone has not exploited so everything must be just fine.

I have only one small question regarding auto OTA updates.

Are OTA updates availbale for Note 2 Prime via updater app or similar app?

When i use updater app and hit "get new updates" it tells me there are no updates available (previous version installed was 5.9.11 weekly), so i just downloaded the corresponding hermes zip file on my phone, renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root using a file manager and hit the "updated using file" within the updater app options and everything went just fine.

Question again is, is there any way to get OTA to work so we can automate all the process?

Thanks again for all your work!
Cheers from spain.
The OTA updates are normally uploaded some days later (in my experience, between 2 and 6 days).

The OTA updates are normally uploaded some days later (in my experience, between 2 and 6 days).

Thanks for the answer!! Next week i´ll wait and try the OTA option to see how it goes!

Thanks a lot once again for sucha great work!

Reactions: mnikolce
Mi2S Browser FC fixed... :)
DL from second link (celogeek) bigger timestamp.
No FC on navigator
But the fc with the impress spooler still exist. It was working perfectly with miui5 but none from miui6 or 7 please solve it

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just wanted to clear some issues I had mentioned in previous threads, about bugs in my Redmi2 2Gb:

I had only 3 color less working (red, blue and green);

Whenever I momentarily lost signal, my Sim would reset and ask for pin.

Well... All seems to have disappeared and been working normally since I removed customized theme and returned to default.
All color leds are working, and Sim doesn't reset after losing network connection!

Reactions: josito801
no OTA for redmi note 4g dual sim???' I´m in 5.9.10 but upgrade app says that no updates avalibles ¿5.9.17??

Can someone tell me where to download stock Mi recovery (flashable zip)?

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

request to the developer: please, can you update russian translation, there is still a few untranslated items in the settings, such items: themes and child mode

Hi. I'm a UK user new to Xiaomi; I bought a Mi Note from honorbuy.com two months ago and have been entirely happy with the OTA updates, which have all been global beta until now. The newest update says 'MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu", which is how I came across the xiaomi.eu website. My question is: is this a legitimate update?

Reactions: the_maker
Is anyone getting some xliff text when trying to delete photo from gallery? It must be MiCloud synced photo.

Hi. I'm a UK user new to Xiaomi; I bought a Mi Note from honorbuy.com two months ago and have been entirely happy with the OTA updates, which have all been global beta until now. The newest update says 'MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu", which is how I came across the xiaomi.eu website. My question is: is this a legitimate update?
As legitimate as the phone you bought :) this is the place for all development there is for Xiaomi outside of China.. And its all official and free of charge ;) so enjoy your stay here dude..

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro

Reactions: Bruxist
Is any one got the wifi issue for readmi note 2?
After upgrade to 5.9.18, wifi is not stable for redmi note 2, it will connect, but it will lost packet...
I use adb shell connect to the device, run ping will got 'Destination Host Unreachable'...

restore to 5.9.11, wifi work fine again.

Last edited:
I am still running 5.9.9 which is working great 99% of the time for me, however and I have a bug in which many programs that stream live video, after the video starts, 30 seconds into the stream the audio cuts out but the video keeps going. Can someone who installed the latest v5.9.18 on Redmi Note 2 / Hermes please test and see if they have a problem with Livestation app, Al-Jazeera app, or NHK world app. Thanks!

I have posted 3 or 4 times this problem, but nobody take care nobody answer. This apk is included in the Rom and was working perfectly in miui5 to print as pdf pages from Internet. Mui6 has destroyed it and still not working in Miui7
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS MAJOR PROBLEM.
498f56a0cb161157dbd5b4ab9b03da17.jpg

af1c77b29e6f651e28f3b7154bdaa82d.jpg

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Itachi-senseï
How to back to china theme store?

Gửi từ MI 4LTE của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I can see chinese tag in folder name in file explorer.. I am using english language.. MI3 W

Attachments

• Screenshot_com.android.fileexplorer_2015-09-19-11-20-00.png
    Screenshot_com.android.fileexplorer_2015-09-19-11-20-00.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 347
Hello,
Anybody has this when editing folder on home screen ?
"Recommended apps"

de510c64f4446d455e049dbed516df0d.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my MI 3W

Hi I want to know some information , I have a xiaomi mi4 LTE version but as Roma should install exactly for my device ? thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.