5X Zoom Focus Problem

lpetflo

Members
Apr 10, 2022
I noticed a strange behavior with the camera app in Miui 13.0.10.
Sometimes when I (try to) focus on a very near subject the 5x telecam is able to focus for a short time and than the phone switches to the normal 1x cam. If I'm fast enough I can take amazing shots with the 5x cam but the phone can't hold the focus. When I try to use Pro-Mode I can't focus as near as the automatic modus seemingly can. (even if it is only for a short time) Using the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* it is possible to focus near objects with the 5x cam.
Would be amazing to see this bug fixed in a future version of the xiaomi.eu rom :)

I noticed a strange behavior with the camera app in Miui 13.0.10.
Sometimes when I (try to) focus on a very near subject the 5x telecam is able to focus for a short time and than the phone switches to the normal 1x cam. If I'm fast enough I can take amazing shots with the 5x cam but the phone can't hold the focus. When I try to use Pro-Mode I can't focus as near as the automatic modus seemingly can. (even if it is only for a short time) Using the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* it is possible to focus near objects with the 5x cam.
Would be amazing to see this bug fixed in a future version of the xiaomi.eu rom :)
it's not a bug, it's a feature. if the focal distances don't match up it'll automatically switch to the 1X cam. third party camera apps don't suffer this problem.

just be aware of the lighting conditions and you can manage if using the stock cam.

How can it be a feature to not allow the user to use the full focus distance. I mean if you allow manual focus, at leat make it the full distance or just don't allow it. It's very frustating to see what the camera is capable of (in Auto mode), but what can't be used in manual mode :/