MULTI 6.1.21

Status
Not open for further replies.
This release it's a good begin, imho the three biggest problem to fix urgently, in order of importance are:

1) the battery drain, really exagerated, the phone can reach out of battery in 3 hours too.
2) the overheating, in many occasionst it become really hot
3) the root permissions aren't working, this sound strange for a dev release.

Generally a better smoothness is also needed, but calculating that it's the first marshmallow release, it's a very good begin

6.1.21 MIUI7 MM 6.0 Xiaomi Mi3W

Reactions: Marko94
This release it's a good begin, imho the three biggest problem to fix urgently, in order of importance are:

1) the battery drain, really exagerated, the phone can reach out of battery in 3 hours too.
2) the overheating, in many occasionst it become really hot
3) the root permissions aren't working, this sound strange for a dev release.

Generally a better smoothness is also needed, but calculating that it's the first marshmallow release, it's a very good begin

6.1.21 MIUI7 MM 6.0 Xiaomi Mi3W
100% agree, but i would like to add

4) whatsapp bug which doesn't allow to choose pic from gallery as profile pic.
5) Whatsapp buildin scanner which used to connect to whatsapp web cant read the code although the regular scanner of the phone can
6) regarding the battery drain, i am using the phone exactly as i used to use it before the update, i never got bluetooth draining battery or media server.

in general better smoothness is required, and i believe there is something wrong in permissions need to be fixed which causing the battery and whatsapp problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberto Ma
Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue on my Redmi Note 2 when i use the "Wireless display" function with my Chromecast. It works but with a lot of lag (about 1 second of delay).

I have also a MI3 with the same version and i tested if this device has the same problem but no, it works flawlessly without any lag whatsoever.

Is someone encountering the same issue ? Is it normal ?

Chromecast works fine for me: Mi4c, Note 4G and Mipad. Regards.

Guys, I'm new in using mi4c and want to ask
Currently i'm in China stable rom 7.1.6.0, I want to change it to this xiaomi.eu 6.1.21 via updater - (Choose update package and after that factory reset it), my question is:
1. Do the change Rom save or i'll get lock because currently i'm in newest stable Miui?
2. Can i update the next update using updater like china stable or dev?
3. Does xiaomi.eu 6.1.21 have mi account by default?
4. Which is better battery life, the stable or weekly?

Thank you very much

install this app in settings tick all and share screenshot
Ok, i just checked now, i am on 6.0.1 but have 2 partitions, don't know how,

I managed to have TWRP , how to merge partitions now? is it possible while i am still on Marshmallow or i have to downgrade?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@ingbrzy / @Acid : there's a bug on the recent 7.1 stable images. The bug appears at least on hermes and on armani, perhaps more platforms are affected.

Short bug description: after an installation with a full wipe, user can not pass the initial wizard, due to to mi account wizard FCs

Long description: I always do an initial installation using a 3 step process:
a) install a recent English - Chinese official fastboot stable image (for example, version 7.0.x) , before installing a xiaomi.eu firmware. In this case I installed an armani 7.0.5 official stable.
b) Install the xiaomi.eu stable firmware by using "select recovery package". In this case I installed 7.1.3.0.
c) Finally, I drop into Mirecovery and wipe cache, then data, then SD, and then everything.

After rebooting the initial wizard appears, where I select my language (Greek), etc. At the Mi account step I select to skip this account. The wizard crashes and drops me back to the previous wizard step (configuration of Google account). It is impossible to pass through this point, only solution is to fastboot flash!

This is a serious issue. I have encountered this also on hermes. I believe it is related to the 7.1 builds somehow, perhaps @Acid could tell what's wrong here.

The only way I could find to be circumvent and install the 7.1.x stable was to modify the procedure above slightly, by introducing installation of an older xiaomi.eu firmware, before installing the 7.1.x, as follows:
a) install a recent English - Chinese official fastboot stable image (for example, version 7.0.x) , before installing a xiaomi.eu firmware. In this case I installed an armani 7.0.5 official stable.
b) Install the older xiaomi.eu stable firmware by using "select recovery package". In this case I installed 7.0.5.0.
c) Finally, I drop into Mirecovery and wipe cache, then data, then SD, and then everything.
d) After rebooting and initial configuration, I install the 7.1.x xiaomi.eu stable, without doing any wipes in recovery!

If the user elects to wipe on step d) then the same issue will appear.

@Devs, can you please check this?

Ok, i just checked now, i am on 6.0.1 but have 2 partitions, don't know how,

I managed to have TWRP , how to merge partitions now? is it possible while i am still on Marshmallow or i have to downgrade?

Thanks in advance

I think some how i fixed it, can anyone please confirm if i have one or two systems from the screenshot, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-32-16_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-32-16_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    112 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-37_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-37_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-21_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-21_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-07_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-31-07_me.kuder.diskinfo.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 283
@ingbrzy / @Acid : there's a bug on the recent 7.1 stable images. The bug appears at least on hermes and on armani, perhaps more platforms are affected.

Short bug description: after an installation with a full wipe, user can not pass the initial wizard, due to to mi account wizard FCs

Long description: I always do an initial installation using a 3 step process:
b) Install the xiaomi.eu stable firmware by using "select recovery package". In this case I installed 7.1.3.0.

After rebooting the initial wizard appears, where I select my language (Greek), etc. At the Mi account step I select to skip this account. The wizard crashes and drops me back to the previous wizard step (configuration of Google account). It is impossible to pass through this point, only solution is to fastboot flash!

This is a serious issue. I have encountered this also on hermes. I believe it is related to the 7.1 builds somehow, perhaps @Acid could tell what's wrong here.

The only way I could find to be circumvent and install the 7.1.x stable was to modify the procedure above slightly, by introducing installation of an older xiaomi.eu firmware, before installing the 7.1.x, as follows:
b) Install the older xiaomi.eu stable firmware by using "select recovery package". In this case I installed 7.0.5.0.
d) After rebooting and initial configuration, I install the 7.1.x xiaomi.eu stable, without doing any wipes in recovery!

If the user elects to wipe on step d) then the same issue will appear.

@Devs, can you please check this?
just select English in the initial wizard

Reactions: cosmik and natarau
I've noticed other 2 bugs in MM 6 (Mi4W)
- After any reboot it loses the system font setting and return to default
- After any reboot and sometimes casually the lockscreen image return to default.

Ok now is all OK. After 3 times of installation. For now it seems to work.
On my MI3:
- All the ring tones and notifications was OFF after update on 6.1
- Battery fast down
- Battery slow on recharge
- Every time you exit from one app show the 2nd page of the display (not the fisrt or the last one where you launch the app)
- Wireless sign is ok and displayed, but sometimes doesn't work. Set OFF and ON again (lot of times in a day): works good.
- Automatic brightness doesn't work (only when you put auto go in the middle of the scale)

On my MI3:
- All the ring tones and notifications was OFF after update on 6.1
- Battery fast down
- Battery slow on recharge
- Every time you exit from one app show the 2nd page of the display (not the fisrt or the last one where you launch the app)
- Wireless sign is ok and displayed, but sometimes doesn't work. Set OFF and ON again (lot of times in a day): works good.
- Automatic brightness doesn't work (only when you put auto go in the middle of the scale)

Also Mi3 .....

- Confirmed battery losing power faster then before (no user apps running in the background)
- Slow recharge confirmed (tested both on usb charge and wired original charger)
- If you have categorized folders with app icons moved inside of them, on every automatic backup it moves all the icons out of the folders to the desktop which obviously causes a mess if you have 10 folders with 15 apps in each of them.

Reactions: MikelFuchs
@ingbrzy @Acid are the build numbers of today's stable Redmi 2 firmwares correct? Just asking here, because the builds produced some days ago had the exact same build number.

On my Mi4W:

- Native mail app problematic (Notification and mail header arrives but the mail body is missing. Needs to trigger again to see the body)
- Reaction of some apps (Twitter, Facebook etc.) are really slow (at least 3 seconds waiting time with white screen)
- After all rebotes or power off/on there are some warning (error) about Updater in the beginning.
- Battery losing power faster then 4.4
- Slow recharge

Mail issue is much more important than the other bugs..
If I cannot see my work mails body it is meaningless to use native mail app!

Status
Not open for further replies.