MULTI 6.1.21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please tell me Right now I'm using Global official stable Rom in Mi4 from that what I have to do..?
5.12.17 and then 6.1.21 (will dirty flash work?)
Or need to do a clean install of 5.12.17 and then 6.1.21
Please guide me I'm bit worried about the system partition matter.

Flash 5.12.17, reboot, flash 6.1.21, reboot - done. no need to do anything else.

you don't need to flash 5.12.17 twice. the reboot after 6.1.21 install is important.

...yeah, and after that need swipe to allow modification in TWRP home screen, otherwise MiRecovery will be back at next reboot

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Thats was my fault. I forget to wipe, before i restart the Phone. Now,everything is fine. I have 6.1.21, TWRP and Root. Thanks to all.

Gesendet von meinem MI 3W mit Tapatalk

Reactions: graw2 and Marko94
Flash 5.12.17, reboot, flash 6.1.21, reboot - done. no need to do anything else.

you don't need to flash 5.12.17 twice. the reboot after 6.1.21 install is important.
That's not totally true.
It depends on the rom you have currently installed. I flashed 5.12.17 and then, I still had the non-merged partitions. I flashed again the 5.12.17 and voilá, the partitions were merged. You have to check if the partitions are merged after the first flash. If so, you can install 6.1.21. If they are not merged, you have to flash again 5.12.17 and check again the partitions.
I think it depends on MiRecovery version that is installed with your currently rom. Some versions of Mirecovery can merge partitions without problems, another can't. That's why sometimes you have to flash 5.12.17 twice, because the first flash install the new version of MiRecovery that can merge partitions and the second flash merge them with the new Myrecovery.

If the partitions aren't merged and you try to flash 6.1.21, you would enter un bootloop mode.

Regards!!!!!!

Reactions: Abhra and Marko94
Yeah,but if he want flash latest super su, he needs press "keep read only " otherwise he will got bootlop :)
Hi, just wanted to ask: after upgrade on 6.1.21 MM Mi4 I have very bright display on Auto brightness. Also the battery use show funny digits / percent and drains faster. I didn't wipe cashe, user data noting because I wanted to keep everything. Should I wipe all from recovery?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Hi, just wanted to ask: after upgrade on 6.1.21 MM Mi4 I have very bright display on Auto brightness. Also the battery use show funny digits / percent and drains faster. I didn't wipe cashe, user data noting because I wanted to keep everything. Should I wipe all from recovery?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
Try wipe cache and dalvik cache first in recovery ..If it didn't help, than u need clean flash :) btw, clean flash is always best solution, especially if u changing android base ( from 4.4 to 5.0 or 6.0 )

Reactions: mnikolce
mi4 6.0.1 clean install
flashed twrp via fastboot and flashed supersu zip but when i reboot I enter in bootloop mode..
any way to solve that?

mi4 6.0.1 clean install
flashed twrp via fastboot and flashed supersu zip but when i reboot I enter in bootloop mode..
any way to solve that?
are u followed this :
If TWRP offers you to keep /system read-only, indeed keep it read-only.

If TWRP tells you SuperSU is not installed, and asks you to install it, do not do it, you will break things!

If is still bootloop ,press volume button (+) and power button for 20 sec ,in recovery flash rom again, no need to wipe anything

are u followed this :
If TWRP offers you to keep /system read-only, indeed keep it read-only.

If TWRP tells you SuperSU is not installed, and asks you to install it, do not do it, you will break things!

If is still bootloop ,press volume button (+) and power button for 20 sec ,in recovery flash rom again, no need to wipe anything
TWRP didn't asked me nothing... just flashed supersu and pressed reboot

Redmi note 2 here. This last rom is just perfect! I was beginning to be disappointed whith the Bluetooth problem but this one solved it! The battery life is great too.
I can't thank enough to the developers.

Reactions: delboy and junkname
Went to 5.1.17 without any problem, flashed twice, in diskinfo I saw that my partition was now 1.2 GB. So I guess that should be fine.

Selected the 6.1.21 update package in the updater app, my phone rebooted in Mi Recovery 2.01 (i understand I will lose root for now), but it hangs already for +/- 25 minutes on "Updating, 99%" now already. Is this normal ? Should I wait, reboot, ... ?

Went to 5.1.17 without any problem, flashed twice, in diskinfo I saw that my partition was now 1.2 GB. So I guess that should be fine.

Selected the 6.1.21 update package in the updater app, my phone rebooted in Mi Recovery 2.01 (i understand I will lose root for now), but it hangs already for +/- 25 minutes on "Updating, 99%" now already. Is this normal ? Should I wait, reboot, ... ?
wait,that is normal

Reactions: Niccolò Parodi
c192a5ddd6e48ce6bb141287f02555ad.jpg

Weather app doesn't show next three days forecast.
There's no sunrise and subset times, they were mentioned in changelog.

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 2 через Tapatalk

I want an Administrator or someone to explain the meaning and function of Metok.apk in ROM! (\system\app).

It is available in all recent versions of Hermes (Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 from xiaomi.eu).

Redmi Note 2

Few questions:
1. Is it possible to resize icons? RN2 is so huge + HD it could take 50% more. Me being shortsighted another 50% :)
2. Is that search engine you open with swiping from bottom up? Its in chinese.
3. Settings -> about phone -> status -> my phone number is unknown. Trivial or should it be there?
4. Roaming section: I have to go to international roaming and turn on overseas roaming to use national roaming. I need national roaming because my provider has a contract with another provider and as far as calls go there is no difference for me, but I do have different data limit in MB/month not MB/day. On the other hand I am 1 hour drive from 4 different countries and Im often in 2 of them but I do not want international roaming because in one I dont need it and in the other one I use sim2. Is there a way I can set this up?
5. Keyboard - google one is sort of sad, PC layout is US only. Ive been waitnig for years for our layout. Is that on google to fix? Sometimes I dream how I hide q w y x under long keypresses and watch the reaction ;)

Everything else so far works like a charm.

Last edited:
c192a5ddd6e48ce6bb141287f02555ad.jpg

Weather app doesn't show next three days forecast.
There's no sunrise and subset times, they were mentioned in changelog.

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 2 через Tapatalk
Have you tried in english?
Sunset in my language is Pôr do sol...
3821645b59a0e7ae8e034bbb808e0d91.jpg

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Ok, guys. 6.1.21 installed and working.
The noise when I play music finally dissapeared. Now I can hear music clearly. But there are also negative things: The "daily lock screen" always crashes, no matter if I use my language or english. When the name of a song is a bit longer, I can't see it correctly on the player alongside the switches screen (you know, Wifi, Bluetooth... buttons). And the Xiaomi PC Suite don't recognize my Mi4 anymore.

I noticed that I'm not root anymore, and I'm feeling uncapable of solving this. I also can not install TWRP again. I think I need some help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.