MIUI 8.2 6.12.1

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO - in my case it did not work. Phone did not boot anymore.

1) I don't know why this "fix" comes as two ZIPs. IMO that's nonsense
2) It is for MTK chipset devices

Code:
BACKUP=n
$telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice|1
$ro.mtk_lte_support|0
$ro.mtk_volte_support|0
$ro.mtk_vilte_support|0

You edit/push something inside build.prop what does not belong there on your Snapdragon device I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dr.MTR
I'm having problems with it in my Mi4C.

I updated to 6.12.1 directly from 6.11.17, that was the first one ever causing random reboots to my phone. After update, System Launcher constantly crashed, not even getting to show. I tried downgrading to 6.11.24 and it didn't fix it. Went back to 6.11.17 and the System Launched disappeared, but now it's Notes crashing all the time, and I can't access my notes.

What could I do to fix either Notes or upgrading to 6.12.1? Did anyone found this problem?

I made all the upgrades and downgrades wiping cache and Dalvik, although I never had any problem not doing it either.

Regards,

Catalan translation is broken. If i choose catalan launcher crashes.
Please, fix it.
Oh, so the problem is the language? Maybe I'll try later again changing to English. And yes, it seems the problem comes from 6.11.24.

Oh, so the problem is the language? Maybe I'll try later again changing to English. And yes, it seems the problem comes from 6.11.24.
Yes, the problem is the language. If you choose english or spanish (right now i have my phone in spanish) you'll have no problems.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

I updated to 6.12.1 directly from 6.11.17, that was the first one ever causing random reboots to my phone. After update, System Launcher constantly crashed, not even getting to show. I tried downgrading to 6.11.24 and it didn't fix it. Went back to 6.11.17 and the System Launched disappeared, but now it's Notes crashing all the time, and I can't access my notes.

What could I do to fix either Notes or upgrading to 6.12.1? Did anyone found this problem?

I made all the upgrades and downgrades wiping cache and Dalvik, although I never had any problem not doing it either.

Regards,
Always do a system backup in twrp before flashing new release. Than in case of issues you can revert to previous working rom without loosing data

As already stated, until Xiaomi publishes the official Nougat ROM, Xiaomi.EU won't leak any source.

Maybe you forgot that MIUI 8 based on MM took 3 months of testing (for Global versions).

then they have lots of problems with GAPPS ..... and out side of china ... :( :/

RN3Pro download from google play is so slow, how to fix it? It looks like its locked to max. 500kb/s or so

RN3Pro - My permissions settings seem to be randomly resetting to their defaults periodically.

Also struggling with the overly-aggressive memory management, but on a 2GB device I might not have much option.

i'm reading from first page until last page found some user Redmi Note 3 SD have trouble with Setting.apk crash, can't verify device info and etc..
actually what happen with RN3 Pro rom??
i'm also have above problem with v6.11.17 and v6.11.24..
not trying new v6.12.1
Had the same problem, had to flash a full factory fastboot rom, then flash 6.11.24, now stable.

Thank a lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-05-04-24-04-010_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-05-04-24-04-010_com.android.settings.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 335
After restoring a 8.1.3.0 stable version on my mi5 the sim isn't recognized anymore. The NO sim card message appeared. I've tryied restoring older back-ups, wiping cache and dalvick, rebooting, reflashing the latest stable rom. Nothing helped. The IMEI appears when I dial *#06# but in the about phone section at baseband it says unknown. Any ideas guys? I am desperate. Help please!

Regards,
Note crashed because when you change from 6.11.17 to 6.12.1 it performed an upgrade of database and change the version number.

And you downgrade back to 6.11.17, the newer database no more compatible with older version.

If you have a backup you can restore note backup (data) it should then be ok.

If you dont have backup, you can consider wiping note data.

Or worst come to worse, you install sqlite3 binary and manually downgrade sqlite3 database for note.

Reactions: spockie
b8d5e0f415be2151bb328d6ace4c50f7.jpg
cf8f9cd2f7446f3ae82898de5db0375d.jpg
best rom of rn2 till now i think almost 6 hours sot with 7% battery remain thanks a lot !!!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Have been having this which i dont know considered bug or feature. When turned off wifi and mobile data, still able to connect to internet using mobile data.

After one round of able to connect via 4g, this 'feature' will persist.

If set preference to 3g, then no such 'feature'.

Mi max pro.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.