MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so? dont use Xposed if it make an issue for you..
Hello my friend

But I do have xposed in my other phone using your ROM. Is the error message related to xposed? If so, I can give it a try and disable it to check. But I do need xposed for a number of modules.

Thank you again for your great help

Last edited:
Ok, so after restoring my mi5 after the brick, I tried the Nougat version, nothing new (like at all), but no xposed, no xmiui, stuck with the huge icons (ok we can change the dpi to have smaller ones, but then we have 4 small icons and huge... blank). Going back to the Marshmallow
As I said. Headache, bricked device and lost data for nothing! Thanks miui

Hello, I have a Xiaomi Mi5 and I want to install xiaomi.eu rom from miui.it rom

What steps should I follow?

Thanks!

Ok,

I've had quite some trouble today with my Mi5. Not going to blame someone or whatever (I know the risks and accept them), just going to share my experiences (maybe reveals bugs):
  • Updated TWRP through Fastboot flash, rebooted
  • Updated the rom and then got the 2 error lines described earlier and that Ingbrzy confirmed as not being important. Didn't care too much about it. Wiped Dalvik (as always).
  • Flashed SuperSU (not latest version tbh), XPosed
  • Booted, but two problems showed up:
    • Kept showing the message to activate Mi Message every couple of minutes
    • I could not call/text (no cell signal message), but I could be called and I did receive messages
    • I could turn on mobile data, but no data connection was made
    • No Sim card number anymore (didn't check IMEI)
  • After reading through all the post I found explanations:
    • I needed to update SuperSU
    • Xposed is not yet working on Nougat
    • Wiping Cache could help
  • So reflashed the Rom with updated SuperSU, no XPosed, Cache wiped.
  • Phone started booting, but was stuck in bootloop. Very happily I noticed it was responding to ADB and fastboot commands, so I was sure it wasn't unreparable.
  • Said: Ok let's get back to the previous version of MIUI and let's reflash TWRP (2nd download)
  • Flashed it, wiped Dalvik
  • So booted up with a Phone where I had to reconfigure Miui, I could pass 2 screens and then the phone crashed. "Process System isn't responding". Time and time again :)
  • Desparate, I went the hard way: full factory reset and installed the Nougat version. Wiped Dalvik, rebooted then back to recovery to install the right SuperSU and not Xposed.
  • Happy to say that it all works fine, with 2 bugs still showing:
    • Calendar keeps crashing (1st screen crashed and then 2nd with stopped)
    • I do not have mobile data. I saw other reports that it goes away with time, I am hoping on that or i'll wait for next weeks update. SimCard number disappeared, but I do have IMEI numbers.
    • Previous bugs disappeared: I can now call and text :)
Anyway, I'll take the bugs for now :) Not rolling back again :-D

Thanks for all the hard work, hopefeully the bugs will be removed soon.
For those with issues: it's life. Don't bitch and just reinstall everything. Never bad to clean the junk of a phone.

Nobody saw huge bug in this ROM? You can't open videos you have recorded. Camera stopped wotking on Mi5!
Camera works fine on both my Mi5 128/4GB units, and playback pre-recorded video's just fine, both recorded on the Mi5 using Android 6, and ones sent from other sources.

The scanner app is not there anymore, but that is not a big issue for me, at least.

redmi pro battery drain fast
watch video 5 min. battery use 10%

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
For Mi5, the battery usage is better on this release than recent MIUI Android 6 releases - 8 hours on standby 3G with WiFi, GPS, Network Signal Guru and Bluetooth running, down 15%. Same config on prior versions was 20-22%.

I use World Clock widgets on my phone for two different time zones. I've done ALL the optimizations to to MIUI to make sure they update. For example turning on MIUI optimization, locking the apps, autostarting...everything I've been able to read on the internet. This is the first release where things actually really work (knock on wood). In the past, it would work most of the time and randomly stop working...the time would not update until I tapped the widget, or quickly hit the power button on and off .

But this build, everything is working really well. On the official Xiaomi forums there was a thread where 3rd party widgets weren't officially supported. Did anything major in this build change to have everything working well? Unfortunately lots of people had problems with this one early one, but for me 6.12.8 has been fabulous. Thank you.

Hey guys, just spent 24hrs+ trying to unbrick my Mi5. Before installing I wiped data/system/cache, after flashing the rom I flashed su R4 without booting first. Used TWRP 3.0.2-3. The phone was completely unresponsive, no lights, nothing blinking, I thought it just died. But never gave up, I saw some similar cases I maintened my hope somehow.
After installing via fastboot the official global beta rom I flashed TWRP again, wipe factory default only. Flashed the miui8 nougat rom from this thread, booted the device, everything worked and then I flashed the SU on TWRP.

The deep flash cable works! No need to open the phone and void warranty.

Some advices:

- If the first time you plug the deep flash cable and normal cable and it doesn´t work try to disconnect any cable and press the power button for a few seconds and try again.

- Let the phone charge for at least one hour on AC charger before doing it.

After being recognized by the computer as Qualcomm port 9008 you can fastboot a rom (those .tgz files you can get on official miui website), you won´t be able to put the phone on fastboot mode but it will work the same way.

The Miflash tool was hard to find, only the beta version worked, the strange part was that it was version from 05/18/2016, the latest version (stable) didn´t work, it would give the message "cannot receive hello packet". I don´t know if I did something wrong.

MiFlash tool: cloud*xiaomitips*com/utility/MiFlashSetup-Beta*zip

SU 2.78 R5: download*chainfire*eu/1014/SuperSU/SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551*zip?retrieve_file=1

TWRP 3.0.2-3: dl*twrp*me/gemini/twrp-3.0.2-3-gemini*img

Substitute * for . if you want to use this links, or use them as keywords on search engine.

You can do it!

Reactions: socratesbrussels
Fingerprint of my kenzo don't go.

If I downgrade to 6.11.17 fingerprint it's OK immediately

Someone has same problem?

Thanks
Bro does ur background apps stop running while u clear thm in task managers Cox wheni clear them they don't stop instead run.in background.often kindly help me bro

Colleagues, prompt. in the Gallery to enter the Basket does not work, how to solve the problem? Thank you

On Kenzo I have two problems:

1. Desktop search (swipe up) does not work. Error report attached.
2. Signing out from MI account does not work and crashes. Error report attached.
2. I had the same problem. Solution: You must give app "MIUI Account" full permissions.

Reactions: sluTTY and teburon
Ok,

I've had quite some trouble today with my Mi5. Not going to blame someone or whatever (I know the risks and accept them), just going to share my experiences (maybe reveals bugs):
  • Updated TWRP through Fastboot flash, rebooted
  • Updated the rom and then got the 2 error lines described earlier and that Ingbrzy confirmed as not being important. Didn't care too much about it. Wiped Dalvik (as always).
  • Flashed SuperSU (not latest version tbh), XPosed
  • Booted, but two problems showed up:
    • Kept showing the message to activate Mi Message every couple of minutes
    • I could not call/text (no cell signal message), but I could be called and I did receive messages
    • I could turn on mobile data, but no data connection was made
    • No Sim card number anymore (didn't check IMEI)
  • After reading through all the post I found explanations:
    • I needed to update SuperSU
    • Xposed is not yet working on Nougat
    • Wiping Cache could help
  • So reflashed the Rom with updated SuperSU, no XPosed, Cache wiped.
  • Phone started booting, but was stuck in bootloop. Very happily I noticed it was responding to ADB and fastboot commands, so I was sure it wasn't unreparable.
  • Said: Ok let's get back to the previous version of MIUI and let's reflash TWRP (2nd download)
  • Flashed it, wiped Dalvik
  • So booted up with a Phone where I had to reconfigure Miui, I could pass 2 screens and then the phone crashed. "Process System isn't responding". Time and time again :)
  • Desparate, I went the hard way: full factory reset and installed the Nougat version. Wiped Dalvik, rebooted then back to recovery to install the right SuperSU and not Xposed.
  • Happy to say that it all works fine, with 2 bugs still showing:
    • Calendar keeps crashing (1st screen crashed and then 2nd with stopped)
    • I do not have mobile data. I saw other reports that it goes away with time, I am hoping on that or i'll wait for next weeks update. SimCard number disappeared, but I do have IMEI numbers.
    • Previous bugs disappeared: I can now call and text :)
Anyway, I'll take the bugs for now :) Not rolling back again :-D

Thanks for all the hard work, hopefeully the bugs will be removed soon.
For those with issues: it's life. Don't bitch and just reinstall everything. Never bad to clean the junk of a phone.
You make me cry bro!
Ok, no.
But I see that not you gave for expired and manage the problem.
Nice job, and congratulations for your effort.
That is be responsible; distribute blame not arranged your device.

Ps: my English is very bad, but I try communicate

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Me too in RN2:(
Here is my log:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.android.settings/com.android.settings.SubSettings}: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=5; index=5
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=5; index=5
at com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings.cS(DevelopmentSettings.java)
at com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings.bO(DevelopmentSettings.java)
at com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings.s(DevelopmentSettings.java)
at com.android.settings.DevelopmentSettings.onResume(DevelopmentSettings.java)
at android.app.Fragment.performResume(Fragment.java)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.dispatchResume(FragmentManager.java)
at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java)
... 12 more

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 usando Tapatalk 2
Installing the SuperSU when flashed the ROM?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

I have installed this ROM on my Redmi Note 4 and up to now it seems to be fine. However, there is a bug regarding the automatic shutdown My phone shuts down even if the feature is not enabled. Yesterday was the second time it was occurred.

I have installed this ROM on my Redmi Note 4 and up to now it seems to be fine. However, there is a bug regarding the automatic shutdown My phone shuts down even if the feature is not enabled. Yesterday was the second time it was occurred.
I have a redMI Note 4 too, and I do not have that issue.... so maybe a bad wipe or some app is causing it to you. Do full wipe Dalvik/cache, if it persist download de rom and flash again.

Status
Not open for further replies.