MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small issue here with my redmi 4 prime. when i received a notification (sms, mail, etc) and clic on it, it is not the right app that opens up. It's not happening all the times but often but the way.

Hi, I have a problema with my MI4s. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and the xiaomi.eu rom (6.12.1), but the OTA update to 6.12.8 doesn´t appear (I am with wifi). Why ?

Hi, I have a problema with my MI4s. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and the xiaomi.eu rom (6.12.1), but the OTA update to 6.12.8 doesn´t appear (I am with wifi). Why ?
Read first post....

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex
"So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menú"

Ok, I thought that it was like my other devices, mi4 and redmi 1s, that have OTA updates

Mi5 lost network settings and only one sim working. Flashing latest SuperSu fixed the issues.

Good day to all ! Tell me why when you open a menu where widgets animation themes and Wallpapers (pinch two fingers ) menu no Russian language ? But in the version of the MULTI 6.11.17 it is ! :(

Good day to all ! Tell me why when you open a menu where widgets animation themes and Wallpapers (pinch two fingers ) menu no Russian language ? But in the version of the MULTI 6.11.17 it is ! :(

I think that you should report the issue to who maintaines your language (miui.su, you can check the first post of the thread)

Redmi 4 Pro - markw. I have an issue with 6.12.1v8-6-0 to change my wallpaper/lock screen.
I try select one of the others from offline/online and it just say "cant load image" and doesnt change. I tried to load one of my camera pictures and i get the same error.

Please let me know if this has/will be fixed.

Thanks!

Redmi 4 Pro - markw. I have an issue with 6.12.1v8-6-0 to change my wallpaper/lock screen.
I try select one of the others from offline/online and it just say "cant load image" and doesnt change. I tried to load one of my camera pictures and i get the same error.

Please let me know if this has/will be fixed.

Thanks!
If you have custom launcher, change it to default and try again.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

For Mi5, follow these steps exactly to be sure you install Android 7 correctly WITHOUT BRICKING YOUR PHONE!!

1. Place TWRP 3.0.2-3 image on your internal storage together with the ROM by using your USB cable.
2. Reboot in old version of TWRP: reboot and hold power+volume up until you see TWRP screen.
3. Hit install.
4. Hit install image.
5. Select image from step 1
6. Select Recovery partition and then swipe to confirm.
7. Reboot a few times in TWRP (so repeat step 2) and make sure you run the correct version of TWRP 3.0.2-3.
8. Hit install.
9. Select the ROM you put on your internal storage in step 1.
10. Swipe to confirm.
11. After confirmation, click Wipe cache/dalvik.
12. Swipe to confirm.
13. Reboot system and let ROM install.
14. Done!

I hope this is useful for Mi5 users because these are the exact steps I took to install Android 7 and I had no bricks :)

Can confirm this works.
Updated my Mi5 64GB with theses instructions and had no problems, first boot took some time.
Found no bugs so far.
Screenshot_2016-12-12-10-50-54-656_com.android.settings.png

Ok, so after restoring my mi5 after the brick, I tried the Nougat version, nothing new (like at all), but no xposed, no xmiui, stuck with the huge icons (ok we can change the dpi to have smaller ones, but then we have 4 small icons and huge... blank). Going back to the Marshmallow

Here is the way how you can have easily 6x4 grid layout on home screen without xposed and without xmiui:

http://en.miui.com/thread-383152-1-1.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Headbanger82
HMnote2 got security patch from december and RN3Pro november... They dont even bother to update patch?

Another Mi5 32GB with 6.12.8 working fine. The only issue with Gmail app notification of new email only shows new email text not the sender information.

gmail.jpg

Ok, so after restoring my mi5 after the brick, I tried the Nougat version, nothing new (like at all), but no xposed, no xmiui, stuck with the huge icons (ok we can change the dpi to have smaller ones, but then we have 4 small icons and huge... blank). Going back to the Marshmallow
hi, can you give me information about the flashing procedure, before you flash back to MM from Nougat, which options did you choose to wipe? cache? dalvik cache? data? system?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Which version of Super Su is recommended for mi 5? The issues with sim settings and network service seems to be only with root

mi5 32gb

Recorded videos cannot be played on computer... also uploadad to google photos not working... also in SD, HD, FULL HD and 4K

anyone else ?

Mi5 3/32
Same with me, MXplayer also fails to play video, if i use Galerie App then it is fine. Uploaded files cannot be played.

Mi5 3/32
Same with me, MXplayer also fails to play video, if i use Galerie App then it is fine. Uploaded files cannot be played.

If You do edit video in gallery cut a bit, encode and save its playable everywhere, but is really big BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.