MULTI 6.6.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
any other redmi3s useres facing this issue?
I'm not sure. I'm just sure that my redmi 3 16gb has no such issue, with a superior battery life with the miui8 developer ROM. I was under the impression that the 3s is supposed to have superior battery life. I guess I was wrong .

@severica25
Hello,
I saw some of your screenshots, even with the charged battery, you use battery saving. It works on your phone? Of Redmi Note 2 not advantage, I do not know why!
Ciao, grazie

Ok let's clarify something...
You need to have this options on "installed apps" if you have, you need to check and change what browser will be default one, if you don't have then it's big possibilities that you have screwed rom or bug in rom which other user of your rom would have.

dc9e14cece59e62922cbb9f8ecc113b6.jpg

be7c6420410bec846660aa0de9d04c14.jpg

Now what can you do...
You can freeze miui browser or complete uninstall it by apps from Google Playstore( ice box - app freezer etc)
Or you can re-download rom again(just to be on safe side), flash again but this time wipe all partitions(not just davlik cache).

This are all possibilities you have atm.
I hope this can help you.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Freezing didn't work. Uninstall didn't work. Browser is like an irradiated zombie cockroach.

Attached is what I have. Notice browser isn't even listed in the apps I can select for default browser.

I can reflash back to either developer or stable official Roms as there isn't yet an unofficial ROM available on this site for the 3s. I'll try reverting back to stable as the battery life for developer is horrible. I'm open to more suggestions before then though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-09-17-792_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-09-17-792_com.android.settings.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 323
Reactions: severica25
I'm not sure. I'm just sure that my redmi 3 16gb has no such issue, with a superior battery life with the miui8 developer ROM. I was under the impression that the 3s is supposed to have superior battery life. I guess I was wrong .
i did understand you faced browser issue in redmi 3s, don't you?

Reactions: Angelo
Freezing didn't work. Uninstall didn't work. Browser is like an irradiated zombie cockroach.

Attached is what I have. Notice browser isn't even listed in the apps I can select for default browser.

I can reflash back to either developer or stable official Roms as there isn't yet an unofficial ROM available on this site for the 3s. I'll try reverting back to stable as the battery life for developer is horrible. I'm open to more suggestions before then though.
yes no browser stock icon in installed apps>default in mi2s too, i guess it disappear for every device, is it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-02-18-32-10-588_com.android.settings[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-07-02-18-32-10-588_com.android.settings[1].png
    15.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Reactions: Angelo
I could have sw
yes no browser stock in installed apps>default in mi2s too, i guess it disappear for every device, is it?
let me boot up my redmi 3 later and confirm. IIRC mi browser is stated, just like mi launcher and Google now both appear under default launcher.

I could have sw
yes no browser stock in installed apps>default in mi2s too, i guess it disappear for every device, is it?
let me boot up my redmi 3 later and confirm. IIRC mi browser is stated, just like mi launcher and Google now both appear under default launcher.

I could have sw
only browser icon missed in default apps, but it doesn't matter, both stock and chrome works flawlessly in mi2s

LTE data lost after reboot, and in *#*#4636#*#* no network settings, please help.. my devices redmi note 3 SD

Mi 2S user here.
Tried to flash with TWRP 3.0.2-0 and I'm constantly getting the "System 7" error.
I have wiped cache/dalvic and I also formatted the phone/cleared all data.
I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Mi 2S user here.
Tried to flash with TWRP 3.0.2-0 and I'm constantly getting the "System 7" error.
I have wiped cache/dalvic and I also formatted the phone/cleared all data.
I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Flash the ROM it includes latest TWRP version 3.0.2-1

Reactions: thaimax
Well I bought titanium pro to freeze browser, and it still appears in the app drawer. I uninstalled it and rebooted the phone, and it's still in the app drawer. Weird. Tried to open it to see what's up, and browser crashes.

And yes, opening links in Gmail or chrome or Firefox, most open in browser, which immediately crashes.

Trying to restore browser now. If this still becomes weird, I might as well wait for the next official ROM. Looks like they screwed this up something good.
I freeze it with link2sd

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Flash the ROM it includes latest TWRP version 3.0.2-1

I meant that I tried to flash the 6.6.30 ROM and I was getting the above message.
Now I'm stuck in TWRP and the phone doesn't boot (obviously).
Since I erased everything, what should I do in order to install the ROM?

I meant that I tried to flash the 6.6.30 ROM and I was getting the above message.
advanced>Fix Contexts in twrp then go back to install and look if your staff it's still erased

Last edited:
@severica25
Hello,
I saw some of your screenshots, even with the charged battery, you use battery saving. It works on your phone? Of Redmi Note 2 not advantage, I do not know why!
Ciao, grazie
It can prolong battery duration but it have downside, rom sometimes feel litlebit slow in reaction department what is normal.
I just configure mine few main apps to run from start, made no restrictions to them, locked in memory and they all work fine.
Ofc rest of non important apps will be killed by default and their processs.
This way i can have little more battery without too much sacrifice in using it.
This setup isn't bad for majority of apps except games, you can put no restrictions on game but when you play it under battery saver enabled you'll higher temperature. It seems that battery saver also lower cpu/gpu performance which in addition will impact on temperature while playing.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270

In this case first flash twrp 3.0.2-1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpMDFKSFVYV1VVY2s
via fastboot mode + ADB commands, then reboot to recovery and flash the ROM. This TWRP supports flash via USB OTG as well, so you can use Pendrive as alternative solution

Reactions: thaimax
Well I bought titanium pro to freeze browser, and it still appears in the app drawer. I uninstalled it and rebooted the phone, and it's still in the app drawer. Weird. Tried to open it to see what's up, and browser crashes.

And yes, opening links in Gmail or chrome or Firefox, most open in browser, which immediately crashes.

Trying to restore browser now. If this still becomes weird, I might as well wait for the next official ROM. Looks like they screwed this up something good.
No idea why that happened. I've been freezing and uninstalling stock Browser on my RN2 and RN3 since I got both of em and prefer Chrome Dev.

Did you grant root access for Titanium Backup? When I freeze it in Titanium Backup the app dissapears from home screen and is no longer listed in Settings -> Installed Apps -> Defaults -> Browser

Sorry it didn't work for you but Titanium Backup has always worked to remove the stock apps on my MIUI devices. I'lll let you know if I think of anything else.

Reactions: spaiduhz
No idea why that happened. I've been freezing and uninstalling stock Browser on my RN2 and RN3 since I got both of em and prefer Chrome Dev.

Did you grant root access for Titanium Backup? When I freeze it in Titanium Backup the app dissapears from home screen and is no longer listed in Settings -> Installed Apps -> Defaults -> Browser

Sorry it didn't work for you but Titanium Backup has always worked to remove the stock apps on my MIUI devices. I'lll let you know if I think of anything else.

Yes. Titanium has root. When I freeze or uninstall, it remains in app drawer for some weird reason.

In this case first flash twrp 3.0.2-1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpMDFKSFVYV1VVY2s
via fastboot mode + ADB commands, then reboot to recovery and flash the ROM. This TWRP supports flash via USB OTG as well, so you can use Pendrive as alternative solution

I flashed TWRP 3.0.2-1 directly in TWRP, rebooted, then tried to flash the ROM. I'm still getting the same message:
"Failed to extract dir from "system" to "/system"
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7"

Status
Not open for further replies.