MIUI 8.2 6.8.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, really GREAT!!!! to know that the MiPad 1 is still getting updates... Would be even greater if the Android version could be upgraded to 6.0.1 but I think I'm dreaming... Nevertheless, they say "Always expect that something wonderful is about to happen" or something like that... W&S

redesigned clock? I realize it's identical to the old one , and the weather in notification bar doesn't have animation as in the trailer video.I expeted this :(
Of course these are essential features. If I were you, I'd sell the phone. Oh come on, is it better to have a stable and performing ROM, isn'it?

Reactions: Oyabun Wiep
I did notice a strange bug when i was watching a movie with Dolby Digital (ac3) sound on my RN2.

With the stock player, no sound is heard.
If i use MXplayer, all i get is garbled audio.
(Doesn't matter if i use the software decoder or the hardware decoder)

When i play the same movie on a Galaxy S5, the sound is fine.

Looks almost as if the X10 soc cannot handle multi channel audio properly(and does every else great with hardware acceleration)

Don't think it has to do with Miui,but rather with the kernel.

Maybe it will be fixed if Android 6 will come out for RN2

Flashed 6..8.25 on mi3. Sorry to say quadrooter bug is still detected.

Yeah the Quardrooter thing varies from system to system, I doubt it will be applicable for all. For my case MiMaxPro, it was already passed in the previous version 6.8.18 after Check Point updated their software to 1.1.

I'm on 7.5.2 xiaomi.eu i want to flash latest miui 8...
do i need wipe cache and dalvik and flash it or just flash it..

My Device Redmi Note 3 Pro 3/32gb

What for? Want nougat, buy RN 4. Simple as that.
You know Redmi note 4 will be released with Android 6 based MIUI 8 right? Just like kenzo was released with 5.0 when 6.0 was widely available. So getting Redmi note 4 will not get you nougat.
Oh and you will probably get MIUI 9 with fantastic clock redesign before you even glimpse nougat on such device.

Reactions: thaimax
Question please.
I'm in mi5 with miui 8.0 stable from .eu, do I have to do all wipes to install this week version or can I do a dirty flash? only wiping cache and dalvik?
Thanks!

Hello,

I have two little annoying issues while I flashed this ROM on my Mi4.
First, when I wake screen with power button there is almost always 'three dot' sign in notifications row that tells me there is some new notification, but when I pull notifications down there is nothing. Is this so also on other devices?
Second, now I have Google spellchecker always on and I dont know how to disable it. I use SwiftKey but spellchecker always underline pretty much all of my typed words because english isnt my native language in which I type.

Also I would like to ask how to update my sons RedmiNote 2 from MIUI7 5.11.12 to MIUI8. Is there also any special procedure (merging system partitions like on my Mi4) or can I just update it via updater app?

Thanks for answers!

May be connected to China Developer ROM 6.8.26 will be released for Mi 4 due to screen brightness issue -> http://en.miui.com/thread-336184-1-1.html

You know Redmi note 4 will be released with Android 6 based MIUI 8 right? Just like kenzo was released with 5.0 when 6.0 was widely available. So getting Redmi note 4 will not get you nougat.
Oh and you will probably get MIUI 9 with fantastic clock redesign before you even glimpse nougat on such device.
Well, since this announced redmi note 4 is mediatek powered phone, my guess is it will never see any android update.
Only snapdragon devices could expect to get some kind of android update, so if you desperately need that base android update, just don't buy any mediatek devices. Simple as that

Poslano sa mog Redmi 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: delboy
Today's upgrade to 6.8.25 via TWRP again reboot right after flashing. Flash only one file. Don't even have chance to do anything, reboot straight into normal. Have to wait a long time before can go in TWRP again to flash root and other zip files.

I have the same issue on Mi3W 64GB, I found that if I connect the charger it stops rebooting...
Reboot happened to me when I turned Bluetooth of, and when I tried to calibrate the Gyro in the compass app.

It seems pretty the same as before on mi5. Maybe new features are not implemented yet, just like the previous ones (three-finger screenshot, etc.).
However, everything seems fine. Rock solid.

- sent from my Mi5
Three finger is not avaible in this rom...again...i think don't change nothing from the last 3 roms on mi5...i don't know why...

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks! Great as always!
I have two more questions. @ingbrzy
Can you put back GApps to MiPad 2 rom? Could you also update icons to be the same as in other roms?
Where I can upload icons to new apps?

I know, that's what I said. Mi5 ROM is focused on stability and performance improvement.

- sent from my Mi5
That's great, performance, stability and battery life are the most important for me so would you recomend me to flash today's weekly rom or either to stay in 8.0.3.0 stable?

Sorry but just want to get the best rom posible haha. :D

Oh... No rom for redmi pro (omega)... :( Running the last version and would be happy for this week update. Small bugs are prewent in last weeks version, but i can live with it. Thanks for your work :)

That's great, performance, stability and battery life are the most important for me so would you recomend me to flash today's weekly rom or either to stay in 8.0.3.0 stable?

Sorry but just want to get the best rom posible haha. :D
I've never tried a stable ROM, I don't see anything special in it. Weeklies are good enough, stable, fast, smooth. On 6.8.18 the only "issue" I found was the battery consumption. Let's see this one.
Anyway, I'd recommend weeklies.

- sent from my Mi5

Status
Not open for further replies.