MIUI 8.2 6.9.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot use Mi PC suite to make a backup (it doesn't recognize this rom apparantly). Is a backup with MI Cloud enough to restore my data (settings, messages, call history...)?
I don't use micloud but if it have options to save msgs and call history etc, then use it. For apps you can use local backup options to store on sd card or internal memory then transfer onto pc.
When you'll finished instalation of new rom, don't immediately restore data, use it for half of day atleast to see if everything works then restore it.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I think you can't flash official rom with twrp, try using miflash.
Okay I tried downloading the fastboot ROM and flashing using MiFlash but it gave me the error "device mismatch". I triple checked, I did download the correct ROM. I tried a fix of deleting the first two lines of the flash.bat but that caused the flashing process to get stuck and resulted in nothing happening, I'm still on 6.9.29

Okay I tried downloading the fastboot ROM and flashing using MiFlash but it gave me the error "device mismatch". I triple checked, I did download the correct ROM. I tried a fix of deleting the first two lines of the flash.bat but that caused the flashing process to get stuck and resulted in nothing happening, I'm still on 6.9.29
I think you should treat it like how to flash official miui fasboot rom like it used to. Make sure that it reboot to edl mode before flashing with miflash.

Beware that your device bootloader might be locked again after succesful flashing but it can be unlock again.
I done that when 1st official global developer miui 8 marsh rom came to try it out.
I have different device but maybe this will work on your mi5 too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No need to cook boot.
ROM from here is with already patched boot.
Also if you replace recovery.img from official ROM with twrp recovery you'll have it again :)
- I talk about official rom, not xiaomi eu (boot image)
- AFAIK replace recovery with twrp don't work on miui 8. At least on redmi 3

I think you should treat it like how to flash official miui fasboot rom like it used to. Make sure that it reboot to edl mode before flashing with miflash.

Beware that your device bootloader might be locked again after succesful flashing but it can be unlock again.
I done that when 1st official global developer miui 8 marsh rom came to try it out.
I have different device but maybe this will work on your mi5 too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I attempted to install it in fastboot mode. I can't boot into EDL mode since I have TWRP.

Please...can I disable search gesture (swipe up on desktop)? How? Thx
You can if you have root permissions...
Just freeze it with titanium backup payed version, lucky patcher free app or any other aplication with freeze features.
Find in one of this app, system aplication by name "search" and freeze it.
Ofc, you'll disable completely search option of miui.

Last edited:
My Handy (Redmi Note 3G) has already hung up for the third time after I started synchonisation with the Mi-Cloud.

You can if you have root permissions...
Just freeze it with titanium backup payed version, lucky patcher free app or any other aplication with freeze features.
Find in one of this app, system aplication by name "search" and freeze it.
Ofc, you'll disable completely search option of miui.
Thx... but error after gesture...can i disable error segnal? :)

Which one of the Xiaomi.eu ROMs Is (was) the best on a Kenzo?

I was asked to set up a new Kenzo device for a family member. I wonder which ROM to install.

After he gets the phone, he will surely never install an updated ROM. He does not care about the latest and greatest Miui features. What he needs is a reliable, stable, hassle-free phone that he can use for, say, the next two years.

The requirements are

- good German translation
- good battery life
- bug-free as much as possible

So, which current or previous Xiaomi.eu ROM would you recommend, given these requirements?

Last edited:
it rom does not play video files (diferent formats and codecs) via lan. im using ES explorer to connect to PC via lan and standart video player and have only sound playing and vido streem freez in one picture((( sad

Hello. How can I change my first screen (principal screen) in this version? I can't now

Mi nite,Normal fligft.Four myself. I did not see anithing critical. It seemed then On the V8 Great battery conSuption, for the sake of interest flashed rom 6.6.5.0. And so, nothing like that! The Only thought that the Soun and camera Will work better quality At 6.6.5.0

Done (Redmi Pro suspended, Redmi 3S removed)

Hello,

According to what i can read here, it is more than confirmed that there is no issue with this rom and Chinese Version of the Redmi 3s.
I am currently runing Chinese Dev Rom 6.9.29 on my redmi 3s and there is no issue at all.

I finally got my approval to unlock bootloader and I would like to install your version of the Rom.

Any idea when it will be available again?
Or should I install the previous version... :-(

Thank you all for the wonderfull job!

Redmi Note 3 pro, Redmi Note 4
Has anyone note that without configuring the fingerprint, the display lights up anyway?
Is a Bug?
Hello Stefano,
Do you speak french ? I am living in Switzerland also and if yes could you help me for flashing my new phone Redmi Note 4 please ? Normally it is unlocked but impossible to flash with xiaomi.eu ROM.
Thanks.

The problem is the transition from the gallery cameras in Turkish. We're glad you've fixed the next update

Redmi Not 3

Türkçe dilde kameradan galeriye Geçiş sorunu var. Bir Sonraki güncellemede düzeltirseniz seviniriz. Redmi Not 3

Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img

How many boot required when I do flash via TWRP from Global Beta ROM?

I guess I got a bootloop on my Redmi 3S Pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.