Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new feature 'tap into free space to enter settings' is a very bad thing, now u cant hold ur phone with fingers on display without entering settings while the display is on... with two fingers is the better way!! Please delete this feature!!!
Agree, there should be longest delay for this function. BTW, something like icon lock would be great :)

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 3S przy użyciu Tapatalka

@ingbrzy

Problems with the "Documents App" again, need to be enabled for some apps to have read/write access to external sdcard.
Anyone else in counter this problem?

If you enable the documents app, it is disabled again on reboot.

Did a search and found a solution in an older rom thread.

"Enable the documents app. then go to settings -> developer options and disable miui optimisation.
It will keep the document app enabled on each reboot.
Miui "optimisation" is keeping the documents app disabled"

Quote taken from : - https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-8-25.33721/page-29#post-317118

Is there any disadvantage in disabling miui optimisation?

Last edited:
Just unlocked
I have one question:
What's happened when you unlocked the bootloader again - did the phone reseted and you lost any app and data?
Sorry for my English
Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk
Just unlocked bootloader again. The phone rebooted within a short time and thats it! No app or data lost.

Reactions: kyosev
FYI, Google now on tap now is not working on this 6.9.9 beta. It might be a bug and it has been informed to the beta team. Hopefully it will be fixed in next update.

FYI, Google now on tap now working on this 6.9.9 beta. It might be a bug and it has been informed to the beta team. Hopefully it will be fixed in next update.
How did you make it work?

Send from my Redmi Note 3 - kenzo

Hi everyone!

I have installed the latest version for Redmi Note 3 Pro. The bootloader was unlocked with the official tool, and I had the Stable rom before, installed with Cofface TWRP.

So, I decided to install the latest version, using the TWRP, and wiping the cache and dalvik. But, I'm facing troubles with the permissions on Android 6. I can't click to "Allow" any permission that apps give to me. I can just click on "Deny". The language on my RN3P is Portuguese, btw.

Is there anyone facing the same issue? Or anybody knows how to fix it?

Thanks!

@ingbrzy

Problems with the "Documents App" again, need to be enabled for some apps to have read/write access to external sdcard.
Anyone else in counter this problem?

Did a search and found a solution in an older rom thread.

"Enable the documents app. then go to settings -> developer options and disable miui optimisation.
It will keep the document app enabled on each reboot.
Miui "optimisation" is keeping the documents app disabled"

Quote taken from : - https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-8-25.33721/page-29#post-317118

Is there any disadvantage in disabling miui optimisation?

Also on redmi 3s

Another method to enable documents is
Settings -> Applications -> Documents -> Enable

but if you reboot back disabled

After strange Kernel installation i restore my Xiaomi.eu Dev 6.8.18, and i reinstall Xiaomi.eu Dev 6.9.8 (TWRP 3.0.2.0, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro).
Dirty flash (same with TWRP Alka) and work perfectly too, no problem bootloop or other ^^, only 1 minutes more for boot the smartphone after "Reboot System" ^^.

@Debanka i see other people help you :).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro *.*

@biazi See my post above yours about the "Documents App" might be related.

@stury13 That is why you need to disable miui optimisation.

Hmm. I don't know what I went wrong, because another user, from Brazil too, had installed the beta and he is not facing any problem. I will try to flash with another TWRP and make a Data Wipe too.

I never noticed a doze mode in particular in settings of stock aosp rom either. I think doze is enabled by default. The battery graphs that I am seeing suggests that
Doze is not a setting of such menù, it could be an "internal" os battery management.
That is why I asked if it is enabled in xiaomi.eu roms.

After strange Kernel installation i restore my Xiaomi.eu Dev 6.8.18, and i reinstall Xiaomi.eu Dev 6.9.8 (TWRP 3.0.2.0, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro).
Dirty flash (same with TWRP Alka) and work perfectly too, no problem bootloop or other ^^, only 1 minutes more for boot the smartphone after "Reboot System" ^^.

@Debanka i see other people help you :).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro *.*
I dirty flashed too.I was thinking that I need to wait for an hour or something as it was reported by some.It got rebooted pretty fast!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I just cleared dalvik and cache. Didnt face any issue yet
I don't know, but WiFi preferences from previous android doesn't working on this rom. I wiped system and data, then install rom and restore wifi settings from xml via titanium. Now it's work perfectly.

I have no way to add .pfx certificate to the system, tried to install from the file manager and from the settings. I think it's a bug.

Some issues with the marshmallow permissions too.Have been trying to grant Firefox device storage permission..and the "allow" button doesn't respond.

En esta Rom, ¿la radio fm tiene RDS? Si no es así, ¿se puede instalar alguna app para poder usar la radio fm con RDS? Muchas gracias.

In this Rom, FM radio with RDS? If not so, you can install any app to use the FM radio with RDS? Thank you very much.

Some issues with the marshmallow permissions too.Have been trying to grant Firefox device storage permission..and the "allow" button doesn't respond.

Same here, with any app.

Will try to install with unofficially unlocked bootloader on Kenzo. Will report in a while.

Instalation was successful. Steps followed :

1. Wipe dalvic, cache, system
2. Flash rom (I rebooted itself)
3. Viola!

No bugs so far.

Using Kenzo with unofficial unlocked bootloader. Haven't check if bootloader relocked. TWRP still there.
b0fdecd35e158237d4489e0e3875e646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.