Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!!!! thx for your work!!!!... i have a question... i have previous version with TWRP and root, but now i want install this version without root (because pokemon go 0.37).

what happen if i install this rom without root????
Rom will work perfectly fine, you'll be not limited in any way. Downside, alot of good aplications need root permissions so you wouldn't be in possibility to use them.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me what this feature does?
Lock screen & Password - Prevent pocket dials ? (I don't find anything about this)...

Hi!!!! thx for your work!!!!... i have a question... i have previous version with TWRP and root, but now i want install this version without root (because pokemon go 0.37).

what happen if i install this rom without root????

Nothing, root is optional so go for it. Flash the rom but don't install the supersu

Can someone tell me what this feature does?
Lock screen & Password - Prevent pocket dials ? (I don't find anything about this)...
Name says all. It will use sensors so when you put in pocket it will block any touch input so you'll not accidentally accept calls etc. It's good feature. You can see how it works by enabling option, put phone in standby, cover with hands corners of phone and push power button.

Thanks for replying but all these settings are already turned off but I am still getting vibrations.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
You have to shutdown the vibrations by app in settings notifications app notifications

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Reactions: Debanka
Minor review:
Battery stand by time has improved. Battery is draining more quicker. Getting atleast 2 hours less SOT .

Finger print speed has increased but getting more frequent misses.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Yep i can say that's related to the rom, standby is awesome if you don't use phone. I close at 97℅ and after 2 hours was at 96%.

Do not worry, it happened to me, but all ok Redmi Note 2 prime

I hadn't reboot...
Anyway games are their worst but I reached also 3h sot by playing, and 2with Pokémon go that is really expensive with GPS.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

No such problem on rn3pro :)
This is with:
all apps enabled in autostart,
location set to battery saving,
sync of 4 gmail (push) and 1 mail account, viber, whatsapp, facebook and messenger,
miui and google auto backup and
titanium backup of all apps and system data

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-11-13-23-29-452_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-11-13-23-29-452_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_2016-09-11-13-23-24-357_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-11-13-23-24-357_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: Korkyr@
No new features for Mi5.
I'm thinking that they are developing miui 8 based on Android 7.0 for Mi5 thats why we haven't new features

Enviado desde mi MI 5
I do have the quick ball that you can hide on the edge of the screen on mi5. Also the calendar that opens when you click time on status bar. So some changes are there.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

No such problem on rn3pro :)
This is with:
all apps enabled in autostart,
location set to battery saving,
sync of 4 gmail (push) and 1 mail account, viber, whatsapp, facebook and messenger,
miui and google auto backup and
titanium backup of all apps and system data
Nice! More then 1hr of SOT per 10% of battery!

Send from my Redmi Note 3 - kenzo

Reactions: MIUInewbie
I checked my phone with fastboot oem device-info command and this update reblock bootloader. Kenzo here.
BL.png

I unlocked the bl, flashed trwp, sideloaded SuperSu and then installed Xiaomi.eu through TWRP, is that right?

Kenzo here. Memory optization seems less effective than 8.18, it doesn' reach 1gb or over 900mb free. Battery seems a bit draining faster,but I'm not sure,it's the first charge. Weather m8 widget doesn't work,it shows me just a simple clock. If I click battery usage from settings it goes me back without showing the consumption.

Kenzo here. Memory optization seems less effective than 8.18, it doesn' reach 1gb or over 900mb free. Battery seems a bit draining faster,but I'm not sure,it's the first charge. Weather m8 widget doesn't work,it shows me just a simple clock. If I click battery usage from settings it goes me back without showing the consumption.
Clear dalvik and cache from twrp. Reboot and check. If still issues, change rom language to English.

Reactions: Kerox
Kenzo user here. Upgraded from latest 5.1 weekly. Wiped dalvik cache, flashed rom, wiped dalvik cache, rebooted, flashed SuperSU, wiped dalvik cache, rebooted, Unlocked with MiUnlocker, rebooted.

All work flawlesly. I noticed significant more battery drain than latest 5.1 though. Also sometimes when i have 2G band enabled, when i scroll down notifications it says my carier name and 4G besides it. Thats a bug but it doesnt show everytime.

Can I dirty flash over previous Android 5 on kenzo, or should i clear data/cache and install it fresh ?

Can I dirty flash over previous Android 5 on kenzo, or should i clear data/cache and install it fresh ?
Make clean install, full wipe using twrp alka flash rom and you're good to go

Send from my Redmi Note 3 - kenzo

Will this ROM encrypt internal storage (Redmi Note 3 Pro Marshmallow version)?
Stock MIUI enrypt storage during installation since ~6.9.2

Last edited:
Kenzo,is anyone have same problem with me?i can't make a call,cus everytime i try to call it gives me "call ended" and i must retart the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.