MIUI 8.2 7.1.19/20

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2016
Normal question, stupid answer :-(.
China has been closed entirely for two weeks, you think they were working while on holidays?
When a changelog will come out we all will find out.
Otherwise until then only Xiaomi knows and as stated many times before this is not an official Xiaomi forum.
You have to wait, just like everyone in here, because no one here knows the future, that's the sense of my stupid and ironic answer.
So no, your was not a normal question, it was quite dumb in fact.

Jan 8, 2017
Not stupid at all.
Everybody knows it has been holidays but that has nothing to do with my question.
When someone states that there will be a new ROM next Friday (without any details) you can ask if this will be a weekly or stable.
Question has been asked many times recently but no one has given a proper answer (and stupid/ironic answers don't help anyone but only make this threat longer).

Feb 3, 2016
Not stupid at all.
Everybody knows it has been holidays but that has nothing to do with my question.
When someone states that there will be a new ROM next Friday (without any details) you can ask if this will be a weekly or stable.
Question has been asked many times recently but no one has given a proper answer (and stupid/ironic answers don't help anyone but only make this threat longer).
Stables don't come out on friday, they come out when they are ready.
Weekly comes on friday. And just by 6 years.

Jun 3, 2015
Where Xiaomi said that..?
From an old gsmArena post (about a year ago)

Xiaomi

Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime and Mi 4i from 2015 are the first smartphones from the Chinese brand to get Android 6.0 from start of 2016.
Maybe it was only an assumption and not an official statement, but other smartphones with similar specs are eligible for the update so, what is preventing Xiaomi to do this?

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Multilang leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
From an old gsmArena post (about a year ago)

Maybe it was only an assumption and not an official statement, but other smartphones with similar specs are eligible for the update so, what is preventing Xiaomi to do this?
GSMArena is not Xiaomi.. they can say whatever they wants... Redmi 2 will not get 7.0...

Jun 16, 2014
Ingbrzy, the link for "CHANGELOG FOR STABLES" in the OP must be wrong. The page does not show any changelog for MIUI8 releases. Now I can only find the changelog after flashing my Max Pro, it's in the system update on the phone that links to a page with the correct data.

Apr 30, 2015
After more than 10 days of using latest update for 4.4 devices I can say with complete certainty that you gave NEW LIFE to my almost three years old Redmi note W 3g.
Hope you are going to release new updates occasionally for this forgotten but still pretty powerful devices, especially as there is no kernel code released for Mtk processor so we don't have any choice of other decent custom ROMs.
Thank you very much for your time and effort!!!

Aug 1, 2016
Google Assistant ist ein neuer intelligenter Helfer (ähnlich Siri auf IOS) der verschieden Google Features vereint. Voraussetzung ist Android 7 oder höher. Derzeit wird die APP nur mit dem neuen Google Pixel ausgeliefert.

Sep 15, 2012
please speak in english, it could be useful for everyone. speaking about google assistant, i have the assistant enabler xposed module on xiaomi.eu 8.2 (6.11.10, last marshmallow), i have a mi5, google assistant works but when using the hotword 'ok google' a notification about unlocking the phone with the hotword appears, and nothing else. anyone else?

Mar 25, 2013
And guys does it really matter if you have android 7 or 6 when still. Using miuios. Is it somehow better, faster ...... ?
Noticeably, Android 7 (Nougat) has the advantage of having 2 apps open at the same time - 7.1 being an improvement over 7.0. I am on 7.1 with my Mi3W with Cyanogenmod. So, yes, it is good to have 7(.1)
One assumes that this feature would be available under Miui.

Status
Not open for further replies.