MIUI 8.2 7.1.19/20

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Xiaomi said that..?

From an old gsmArena post (about a year ago)

Xiaomi

Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime and Mi 4i from 2015 are the first smartphones from the Chinese brand to get Android 6.0 from start of 2016.

Maybe it was only an assumption and not an official statement, but other smartphones with similar specs are eligible for the update so, what is preventing Xiaomi to do this?

From an old gsmArena post (about a year ago)

Maybe it was only an assumption and not an official statement, but other smartphones with similar specs are eligible for the update so, what is preventing Xiaomi to do this?
GSMArena is not Xiaomi.. they can say whatever they wants... Redmi 2 will not get 7.0...

Reactions: Headbanger82
Ingbrzy, the link for "CHANGELOG FOR STABLES" in the OP must be wrong. The page does not show any changelog for MIUI8 releases. Now I can only find the changelog after flashing my Max Pro, it's in the system update on the phone that links to a page with the correct data.

After more than 10 days of using latest update for 4.4 devices I can say with complete certainty that you gave NEW LIFE to my almost three years old Redmi note W 3g.
Hope you are going to release new updates occasionally for this forgotten but still pretty powerful devices, especially as there is no kernel code released for Mtk processor so we don't have any choice of other decent custom ROMs.
Thank you very much for your time and effort!!!

And guys does it really matter if you have android 7 or 6 when still. Using miuios. Is it somehow better, faster ...... ?

Redmi 3S (Tapatalk)

Kann jemand unter dem ROM Google Assistant funktioniert oder ob es in naher Zukunft mit dem Update kommt?
Ich weiß nicht was du unter dem Google Assistent meinst, aber bei mir funktionieren alle Google Features (Sprachsteuerung etc)

please speak in english, it could be useful for everyone. speaking about google assistant, i have the assistant enabler xposed module on xiaomi.eu 8.2 (6.11.10, last marshmallow), i have a mi5, google assistant works but when using the hotword 'ok google' a notification about unlocking the phone with the hotword appears, and nothing else. anyone else?

Reactions: Robert Pfeilmayer
And guys does it really matter if you have android 7 or 6 when still. Using miuios. Is it somehow better, faster ...... ?
Noticeably, Android 7 (Nougat) has the advantage of having 2 apps open at the same time - 7.1 being an improvement over 7.0. I am on 7.1 with my Mi3W with Cyanogenmod. So, yes, it is good to have 7(.1)
One assumes that this feature would be available under Miui.

ARE YOU READY FOR NEXT BIG UPDATE???

from a user waitting along time for update to android 7 for MI4c....
I try 7.0 beta rom. no better battery life, no camera 2 api, no fast app install, no split screen no no no....
its same 5.1 rom. It will not be worth what you expect

I try 7.0 beta rom. no better battery life, no camera 2 api, no fast app install, no split screen no no no....
its same 5.1 rom. It will not be worth what you expect
If you tried "beta" of course there's a lot of things that need to be improved

Noticeably, Android 7 (Nougat) has the advantage of having 2 apps open at the same time - 7.1 being an improvement over 7.0. I am on 7.1 with my Mi3W with Cyanogenmod. So, yes, it is good to have 7(.1)
One assumes that this feature would be available under Miui.
Problem is if MIUI doesn't implement any new things it doesn't matter... In most cases for end user it is practically the same experience if you got MIUI 8 on top of Android 5, 6 or 7!
And even Google's claime of better memory management and battery life are mostly exaggerated.
Had also Nexus phones with 2 or 3 different Android versions... every build is bigger in size (uses more memmory) and all the new things also use (usually) more battery and so on...

And like I said many times before - you don't need Nougat for dual apps/split screen - my SAMS. Note 10.1 has all that on Andr. 4.1/4.4; my Nexus 4 has all that on Andr. 5.1 (chroma rom)....

To be honest they "sell" you new functions that need new software/OS that requires new hardware and so on... so thaht we buy new phones all the time...

Here is Miui 7.2.9 Changelog:

Edit: Sorry that is india rom. Link deleted.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.