MIUI 8.2 7.1.19/20

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

a short question. I am getting an error when I try to install apks:
There is a Problem Parsing the Package Error .

After flashing the rom I have flashed Gapps (arm64-6.0.pico-20160108), I have a redmi 4 Prime.
WHat I have tried so far:
- Wipe system, davlik, cache,
- unknown sources are on
- reflash (rom, gapps)

nothing worked so far...
Any idea?

Hello! I am new to this forum and the MIUI ecosystem, but I have advanced experience with Android and ROM flashing.

This ROM does not appear to target a specific device. My device appears in the table in the first post I have a Redmi Note 4 3GB RAM 64GB ROM Blue Edition (not that the color matters) and it came with Global ROM. I have updated to the latest stable Global ROM at the moment version 6.0.4.0.

My MIUI account has been approved for unlocking devices but I have not unlocked the bootloader of my device just yet. I'm still "doing my research" and making sure backups work before doing anything crazy.

That said, can I simply flash it on my device or does it need to be ported somehow in order for it to be compatible with my device?

Thank you. The devs and founder(s) of this forum are doing and has done amazing work!

Hey guys,

a short question. I am getting an error when I try to install apks:
There is a Problem Parsing the Package Error .

After flashing the rom I have flashed Gapps (arm64-6.0.pico-20160108), I have a redmi 4 Prime.
WHat I have tried so far:
- Wipe system, davlik, cache,
- unknown sources are on
- reflash (rom, gapps)

nothing worked so far...
Any idea?
GAPPS like play store and sync services are bundled with this ROM. Rest can be fetched from store. Why flash gapps?

Hello! I am new to this forum and the MIUI ecosystem, but I have advanced experience with Android and ROM flashing.

This ROM does not appear to target a specific device. My device appears in the table in the first post I have a Redmi Note 4 3GB RAM 64GB ROM Blue Edition (not that the color matters) and it came with Global ROM. I have updated to the latest stable Global ROM at the moment version 6.0.4.0.

My MIUI account has been approved for unlocking devices but I have not unlocked the bootloader of my device just yet. I'm still "doing my research" and making sure backups work before doing anything crazy.

That said, can I simply flash it on my device or does it need to be ported somehow in order for it to be compatible with my device?

Thank you. The devs and founder(s) of this forum are doing and has done amazing work!
hi. there is a different rom version for the devices so be sure to download the one for yours!
the table in the first post lists the correct rom name for each device. (so you don't need to port as the different deviceversions are already developped and in the download list)
after unlocking the bootloader and installing twrp you can install the xiaomi.eu rom.

Reactions: excel0

The ROM here is based on the official ROMs from xiaomi so it should work your phone. Just choose the correct ROM for your phone model (in this case HMN4 or Redmi Note 4). Just do your part (unlock bootloader, get TWRP installed, perform backup).

To install this rom though you will need to do a clean flash via TWRP (clear data, system, cache).

Mi5s 3/64 ita, significant improvements from previous dev release about battery draining after 1 day usage. Xposed v87, SU 2.79, 4g/LTE, wifi, gps...all working well. MiBand 2 ok. Good job

Reactions: Margatto
@excel0: It's written in the first post by ingbrzy:
  • Unlock your first bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • Wipe /data partition
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
Don't wipe system, it's not necessary coming from gobal rom.

Is it work on Redmi pro? I like know If I update this on my phone how I can update with next week Rom without losing my data?!
Works just fine on redmi pro. Update every week by downloading zip rom file, copying that on your internal storage and updating via twrp.
Regards

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid and aji5b
Works just fine on redmi pro. Update every week by downloading zip rom file, copying that on your internal storage and updating via twrp.
Regards

Led notification doesn't light up in Redmi Pro, gallery doesn't shoe all pics... Cell standby drains battery. What is wrong with my Redmi Pro?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid
What happened to Remote assistant? Is it included in todays release or not? Is it china feature only? I think it is usefull as we have number of xiaomi phones in our family.

Is there any other similar app?

Thanks for your answer / info and for your and all xiaomi.eu staff hard work and dedication. Xiaomi.eu team is the only reason I decided to have xiaomi phone.

Regards, M

Haven't used it myself, but was mentioned on another forum: -
Developed by ClockworkMod​

Last edited:
Reactions: dogiex
@ingbrzy
Thanks for your hard work.
7.1.19 rendered both my Mi4 LTE and Mi5 64gb in uncertified state. Both flashed in twrp from previous weekly 7.1.12
Edit: 7.1.20 seemed to fix the issue only on first check, now again both devices are "Uncertified" in play store settings page
Any suggestions how to deal with this? No root or mods applied

Last edited:
What happened to Remote assistant? Is it included in todays release or not? Is it china feature only? I think it is usefull as we have number of xiaomi phones in our family.

Regards, M

Remote Assistant is useless for us in current condition because it works between china phone numbers only. Maybe later will be global version of it...

Reactions: John O Connell
This is the first time for me that I install another rom on a phone and am stuck at the screen in which I need to sign in into my Mi Account . I wiped Dalvik, data and cache and then installed this rom using TWRP.
Then I need to go through the setup and see this error: "Couldn't Check Find Device status" . FYI: I never have the chance to enter my credentials, the error messages pops up right away and the only buttons I have to push are " try again" and " go back"

What do I need to do to pass this point and continue the installation?

On the previous rom (I bought the phone from a colleagues who installed another older rom) everything worked fine

This is the first time for me that I install another rom on a phone and am stuck at the screen in which I need to sign in into my Mi Account . I wiped Dalvik, data and cache and then installed this rom using TWRP.
Then I need to go through the setup and see this error: "Couldn't Check Find Device status" . FYI: I never have the chance to enter my credentials, the error messages pops up right away and the only buttons I have to push are " try again" and " go back"

What do I need to do to pass this point and continue the installation?

On the previous rom (I bought the phone from a colleagues who installed another older rom) everything worked fine

You need the username and password associated to the phone. Ask your colleagues

@ingbrzy
Thanks for your hard work.
7.1.19 rendered both my Mi4 LTE and Mi5 64gb in uncertified state. Both flashed in twrp from previous weekly 7.1.12
Edit: 7.1.20 seemed to fix the issue only on first check, now again both devices are "Uncertified" in play store settings page
Any suggestions how to deal with this? No root or mods applied
Even Pixels are uncertified
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/17/play-store-soon-tell-device-gms-certified-not/
its still buggy Google function...

I didn't see anyone comment on calendar bug (birthday sync from google). Is there a fix or do we wait next week?

Also, I still have Chrome FC on my Mi4.

Other than that, great ROM this week!

Hi everyone!

My Xiaomi Mi5 came with Global Dev Rom 6.11.10 but I think it was some custom ROM (phone was sent to me from aliexpress). I heard they flash "hacked" China Global Dev Rom (I had found partially translated menu on this one).
I have unlocked bootloader - flashed TWRP and rooted the phone. It was working quite nice.

Unfortunately I don't know why but I have selected Download update and (despite the fact system showed me that there are no updates) it started to downloading the file and encrypting it. After a reboot I lost my TWRP and my root :/ (I know, I know).

So, I decided to flash the recent update Official Developer ROM Global Beta 7.1.19.
Flashed it through MiFlash and it worked. Of course I had to restore TWRP (the most recent version).
As I have flashed it and have entered to recovery mode TWRP showed me that I have to type password to decrypt internal memory. Great :) Previously in 6.11.10 nothing like this has happened. So, I have found somwhere that I have to wipe data and I did.
The phone went in a bootloop "mode". Right (I was sitting the whole night to read all the manuals to not to screw anything :/

Ok! So I have flashed 7.1.19 once again via MIFlash (wiping all data) and now it's stable and working.

Question is (sorry for writing so long posts) - how to restore TWRP and root my phone and not entering into a bootloop once again ? Is it some kind of bug in the new MIUI firmware or TWRP ?

Someone wrote:

Code:
Password was not requested at startup.

I have changed the setup to make sure password is requested at startup, rebooted, therefore entered my PIN to boot, then shut down, and finally restarted in TWRP

And... miracle ! -> TWRP took my PIN and decrypted the OPO!!

To access this setup go to your screen locker options, confirm PIN method and doing this you should be asked if you want to enable PIN when booting.

I haven't tried that becasue didn't have time.
If I wanted to install XIAOMI.EU 7.1.19 ROM is it possible to do this via MiFlash? Or the only way is to use TWRP ? Will there be any problems with compatibility - I mean do I have to wipe cache\data\dalvik ... or better to make a full factory format and then install the ROM ?

Stupid question but I want to be sure - XIAOMI.EU is based on Global Developer Beta ROM... right?

@pendrago To use official TWRP with official roms, you need to boot into it first after flashing and then flash "lazyflasher" to patch the boot image to avoid boot-loops! Alternatively you can use ZCX Twrp or alternatives that patch the boot image.

For Mi5 see the first post for instructions on how to flash "Nougat" roms.

Edit: You need to use TWRP to flash xiaomi.eu roms. If you boot into it first, you can flash the xiaomi.eu rom without worrying about patching boot image.

XIAOMI.EU is based on Global Developer Beta ROM... right?

Xiaomi.eu roms are based on China Developer Beta Roms, (except RN3-SE "Kate" where there is no china roms).

Last edited:
Found some Chinese characters in video player
18bea4c0665e5a893811eeff166a114b.jpg

This stopped the drains on rn4 like 22 and 29 builds?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.